Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Re: Super Sonic theme

The one who's hosting that video also has mock-ups of other level themes. Fake.

Re: Super Sonic theme

The one who's hosting that video also has mock-ups of other level themes. Fake.

....dang....CURSE YOU FAKER!

Fake hedgehog. Ugh.

Guys, avoid posting stuff like that when it doesn't come from jacktheinfinite or someone who doesn't post fake vids.

Yeah that SS Jingle is fake, it sounds nice, but it isn't an actual remix, which I'm glad because if they remix a classic Super Sonic theme, it better be the one from Sonic and Knuckles damn it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah quick update: I tried my updates on the model swap: I added the yellow stomping and sliding effects and I added the trick and finish animations in, and it didn't load. So I'm gonna try again, but with a better source and only adding in the effects first to zero out the problem.

What, did you find unused trick and finish animations or something?

Not yet, but I got the yellow stomp and slide effects to work. After seeing how they look, I'm anxious to see how the boost effect will look in the final game.

Right now I'm adding the trick animations.

Guys, the Super Sonic theme has fan-made right in the title.

I think a lot of peole just look at the whole "don't get mad at me SEGA" bit and assume this is an asset from the demo. The real reason he said that was because he included a few seconds of ThatotherguynamedJack's Super Sonic video.

God Damn it the updated animations didn't work. Ok so I guess I'll start by just replacing "Finish"

• Thumbs Up 1

I think a lot of peole just look at the whole "don't get mad at me SEGA" bit and assume this is an asset from the demo. The real reason he said that was because he included a few seconds of ThatotherguynamedJack's Super Sonic video.

God Damn it the updated animations didn't work. Ok so I guess I'll start by just replacing "Finish"

That's what I thought first thing I saw it. Interesting that there seems to be yellow boost effects for Super Sonic....I wonder if the Invincibility music will interrupt the Super Sonic music (if the Super Sonic music isn't Invincibility music, anyways) if you hit a monitor as Classic Sonic. Also wonder if you can do the ridiculous stacking of Super Sonic + Shields like you could in Sonic 4.

That's what I thought first thing I saw it. Interesting that there seems to be yellow boost effects for Super Sonic....I wonder if the Invincibility music will interrupt the Super Sonic music (if the Super Sonic music isn't Invincibility music, anyways) if you hit a monitor as Classic Sonic. Also wonder if you can do the ridiculous stacking of Super Sonic + Shields like you could in Sonic 4.

Redundancy at its finest. They could've just saved the shields for after the transformation wore off, just like in the Genesis games.

"Already invincible? Well, we'll throw in this shield for FREE if you call now!"

*snaps* I got it!! The reason for there being invincibility music for both Sonics is because it's also the SS jingle. Actually I hope I'm wrong on that one because that would kind of suck, I couldn't see those jingles being repeated for that long.

*snaps* I got it!! The reason for there being invincibility music for both Sonics is because it's also the SS jingle. Actually I hope I'm wrong on that one because that would kind of suck, I couldn't see those jingles being repeated for that long.

Ive always thought that because modern sonic wouldnt need invincibility because of boost, it would be pointless, unless they would use it for bosses and i highly doubt that

because if they remix a classic Super Sonic theme, it better be the one from Sonic and Knuckles damn it!

But that was just the invincible. Only Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic 4, and Sonic Colors had actual Super Sonic jingles, though Adventure never used its jingle in the proper context.

Edited by Aquaslash

But that was just the invincible. Only Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure and Sonic 4 had actual Super Sonic jingles, though Adventure never used its jingle in the proper context.

Sonic Colors, did. I know you're gonna point out that it was a portion of Reach for the Stars, well the Sonic 2 SS jingle was a remix of the title theme, and Sonic 4's was a remix of Sonic 2's.

Something tells me that the figure 8 represents unlimited boost rather than the super peel-out.

That doesn't seem likely to me.

Sonic Colors, did. I know you're gonna point out that it was a portion of Reach for the Stars, well the Sonic 2 SS jingle was a remix of the title theme, and Sonic 4's was a remix of Sonic 2's.

I laughed more than i should with this one. xD

Anyway i don't see anything new has come out and i think i'm going to stop checking the threads. 1.5 week away from Generations so i don't want to know anything else. :)

No, I meant to include Colors, you'll see that I edited the post as soon as I made it =P

Not yet, but I got the yellow stomp and slide effects to work. After seeing how they look, I'm anxious to see how the boost effect will look in the final game.

Right now I'm adding the trick animations.

I'm confused, did you have to take out the trick/finish animations to get the golden slide/stomp to work, or did you find some updated/more recent trick/finish animations hidden in the demo's files, which you are now trying to insert into the demo itself?

I'm confused, did you have to take out the trick/finish animations to get the golden slide/stomp to work, or did you find some updated/more recent trick/finish animations hidden in the demo's files, which you are now trying to insert into the demo itself?

In the files of demo 2, there an animation called ssn_trick and one called ssn_trick_finish. Neither of these were in demo 1, so I plan to use them in my old model swap to see what Super Sonic's real trick and finish animations look like.