Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

It would have been interesting if that was in the real game, it would have forced the player to use the boost even more wisely than they already have to, thanks to the level design. But I got no problem with it being not in, either; on the flip side, crashing into even the corner of a wall in Sonic Unwiished had you crashing to the ground and killed the game's flow. So yeah.

Also this crash happens even if you don't use the boost as I showed at the end of the video.

Get ready guys in one minute: Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic Take LSD

It would have been interesting if that was in the real game, it would have forced the player to use the boost even more wisely than they already have to, thanks to the level design. But I got no problem with it being not in, either; on the flip side, crashing into even the corner of a wall in Sonic Unwiished had you crashing to the ground and killed the game's flow. So yeah.

Once I wall crashed simply from boosting into an Egg Fighter.

The game is brokennnnnnnnnnnnnnn u.u why must it be sooooooooooooooo??

No seriously how'd you do it?

Wow, that's...weird looking. And I lol'd with the sudden "DON'T TOUCH IT!" XD

Lol I did the same, i wasn't expecting it. x:

Edited by ソウル

The game is brokennnnnnnnnnnnnnn u.u why must it be sooooooooooooooo??

No seriously how'd you do it?

Lol I did the same, i wasn't expecting it. x:

Total accident. I was trying to do the switcharound but forgot to switch some of the files and that was the end result

When all the shields are combined they summon Earths greatest champion.....CAPTAIN PLANET!!

Did you tweak any of the physics here? I dunno, it just seemed like you were able to maintain speed more easily in certain sections and when you rolled down the loop in that one bit you actually accelerated a bit.

No...the physics are just better than June's demo. There are tons of spots where you can roll and accelerate (@ 0:26 for example) BUT you have to hold the left stick in a certain way to do so.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Woah....A Flame Shield IN an item box? I guess they can be put in monitors after all; I remember PolygonJim saying ages ago that the shields couldn't be put in monitors from the first demo...I guess that's not true with the second demo?

EDIT: HERP A DERP. I read your post a few pages back now, Jack confirming it, derp.

Edited by RhikoruNa

No...the physics are just better than June's demo. There are tons of spots where you can roll and accelerate (@ 0:26 for example) BUT you have to hold the left stick in a certain way to do so.

I never played the June demo. The rolling physics in the November demo are still just stiff.

I never played the June demo. The rolling physics in the November demo are still just stiff.

Yeah, there's still too much friction...but it's much lighter compared to June's demo, take my word for it.

The flame shield in the tree gave me huge Angel Island vibes. Wait I thought you bought shields from the shop or can you find them in stages normally too?

If only they had an upgrade that increases the length of the homing attack. The default length is pathetic. Wtf? It's almost as short as Sonic Adventure 1. I've compared a boostless homing attack in unleashed to a regular homing attack in generations and you go WAY farther in unleashed. In generations it just doesn't launch you far enough to reach some of the platforms. HOPEFULLY theres a skill to increase homing attack distance.

EDIT on behalf of avoiding a double post:

Also, why does the homing attack cause you to lose all momentum? It's a serious speed killer! It wasn't like that in any other sonic game so, why this one? Weird!

I'm not hating, i just think that the homing attack in this game is just a little screwy. I rather enjoyed the double jump in colors.

Edited by JesseProper

If only they had an upgrade that increases the length of the homing attack. The default length is pathetic. Wtf? It's almost as short as Sonic Adventure 1. I've compared a boostless homing attack in unleashed to a regular homing attack in generations and you go WAY farther in unleashed. In generations it just doesn't launch you far enough to reach some of the platforms. HOPEFULLY theres a skill to increase homing attack distance.

EDIT on behalf of avoiding a double post:

Also, why does the homing attack cause you to lose all momentum? It's a serious speed killer! It wasn't like that in any other sonic game so, why this one? Weird!

I'm not hating, i just think that the homing attack in this game is just a little screwy. I rather enjoyed the double jump in colors.

I thought if you spindashed into the ramp it didn't make the game freeze 0,o

If I remember rightly, thats what someone suggested... But, no it doesn't work.

In Colors you had the jump dash when you had no boost. Either way, the jump dash could be improved, but let's be honest, it's kind of useless here. Any point where you'd want to do the jump dash, it's just more convenient to use the Air Boost.

Yeah, it should really be fixed. Maybe this is part of their way of saying "You can't just airdash here, so you better damn well conserve that boost." Thing is, plenty of people would probably boost there anyways, so it kind of fits in with the "Boost to win!" argument since you actually have to boost. Whatever, boost is more effective anyways.