Awoo.

What stages DON'T you want to see?

HyperGogeta

Marble Garden Zone...

There is no stage that I...hate...more than Marble Garden Zone.

Granted, it should be known by now that I hate Sonic 3 in general, much against the popular opinion. However, I'm not above admitting that there are things that I like in the game (Carnival Night Zone = <3), and I'd be able to point out a good point about each zone...except with Marble Garden Zone. I'm serious, I find it so badly designed, with such awful music, that it is LITERALLY capable of sending me to sleep as I play it. If I'm not determined, it can easily stop me from getting to Carnival Night Zone because it'll have sucked out my energy beforehand. That to me is a sign of a level I do not want in Generations.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Wait wait wait, forgive me for this, but what is Marble Hill Zone? I do not remember any level called that. Are you talking about Marble Zone from Sonic 1?

Oil Ocean: It's unique sure but I'm not that big a fan of it. It's music however...

Edited by _Bozo_

I would've probably said rooftop run if I never knew it would be in the game. Now i'll go with arid sands. Yeah I mostly dislike sonic unleashed's stages.

Marble Garden does have the sinking pool, so its not really just running through d: (though its only for a minor portion).

Anything that's too much like Green Hill or City Escape. Diversity forever!

Yeah, wow, my bad there. I always screw up the name. Haha

Don't worry, it's cool ^_^

Oh, and 2 other levels I don't want to see? Hydrocity Zone and Mushroom Hill Zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

...What version did you play then? I've never heard of this. :unsure:

Actually, they exist. For example, the iPhone version, if I'm not mistaken.

Wacky Workbench, a level so frustrating, that I literally have a fit everytime I think about it... the bouncing man, it never ends. It just never ends. D8;;;;

I'll honestly be happy with any other level... just as long as it isn't Wacky Workbench. If I see that level, I will cry SEGA, and they will not be manly tears, they'll be tears of anguish and crushed dreams and hopes and I'm getting a little dramatic now, but that's what this level does to me! I hate it. I hate it with fire. A fire that I hope it burns in. ><;;

-Cough- So yeah... its not a level I'm particularly fond of. 83;

• Thumbs Up 1

pretty much every level from shadow

all of them

Also what is with all the Hill Top hate. The stage tiles are kinda boring, but imagine the scenery in Unleashed style. Running around a grassy plain hundreds of miles in the sky, with clouds everywhere, hopping between mountains, outrunning lava, THE MUSIC.

guys, none of you have any idea how amazing that would be.

Also yeah Marble Garden is kinda boring. I'd rather Launch Base. With the PC music, because pretty much better than the original.

seriously why does everyone love the genesis soundtrack so much the pc version was like the best anything ever for most tracks (a few not so much but yeah.)

Personally, I don't like the PC music. It's just too happy for a would-be final stage? Idk. I love the Genesis music because it's just so laid back and funky.

And this remix is grand.

I don't like the PC's Ice Cap at all because 1) both acts are the same, 2) it just feels to generic for me, and I love the cool feeling of the Genesis.

PC's Carnival Night is okay, though! I just prefer the Genesis because it takes the standard carnival music and does a funky twist on it.

Edited by Mega

Launch Base Zone's PC track reminds me of the Gym theme from Pokemon, not sure if I'd want that even if I think the level is decent. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah. See, the thing is, I think the PC tracks are fine on their own, but don't... fit any of the levels, sans maybe Carnival Night. PC Ice Cap maybe fits for a snowboard stage, but the Genesis version has a more chilly and mysterious vibe that I love. I just wish the track was a little longer?

Crisis City

Hydrocity Zone

Emerald Coast

Egg Fleet

Final Egg

Spagoni-oh right... <_<

Specific Zones:

Crisis City- In addition to being a city stage, I loathe Crisis City with a passion. I never wish to see another tornado carrying a car or another stupid Iblis minion. Plus, can anyone imagine Classic Sonic in this place at all?

Well Angel Island was set on fire in Sonic 3 And Knuckles, and that was a classic game. So yeah, it's not to hard to imagine him in Crisis City.

Oh, and it technically no longer exists.

The whole game doesn't exist. I doubt that's going to stop them from using a stage from it.

Well Angel Island was set on fire in Sonic 3 And Knuckles, and that was a classic game. So yeah, it's not to hard to imagine him in Crisis City.

The whole game doesn't exist. I doubt that's going to stop them from using a stage from it.

Angel Island is COMPLETELY different. One is basically a forest fire, the other is a post apocalyptic city filled with fire demons and a raging Sun God.

We've just discussed in the Will-There-Be-An-06-Stage thread how there are plenty of zones which still exist despite the change in the timeline. Kingdom Valley, Tropical Jungle, Dusty Desert, White Acropolis, and Radical Train all still exist. The only zones which no longer exist in the revised timeline are Crisis City, Flame Core, and possibly Aquatic Base.

They can choose from any of those other stages.

Edited by BD3

I don't want to see Marble Garden, just on the basis that it's my least favorite level in Sonic 3 from an aesthetic point of view.

Don't get me wrong, it is a brilliant level, and I'd be okay and accepting if it was in, but comparing it to the likes of Ice Cap and Hydrocity, it just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Angel Island is COMPLETELY different. One is basically a forest fire, the other is a post apocalyptic city filled with fire demons and a raging Sun God.

I dunno; to me, half the fun of Generations is that it takes elements from the farthest reaches of the franchise and sticks them together; what could possibly be a better example of that than Classic Sonic zipping through a ruined city filled with living fire creatures to the sound of cartoon BOING sounds and a peppy, cheerful remix of Crisis City's music?

...If Crisis City or Flame Core are included, I wonder if the Iblis minions will make the traditional popping sound when Classic Sonic destroys them? I mean, the GUN robots in City Escape make that noise, but they're at least still robots. I guess this applies to any non-robot enemies we might see, actually: Dark Gaia minions, artificial chaos (?), Black Arms (?!)... hm.

...If Crisis City or Flame Core are included, I wonder if the Iblis minions will make the traditional popping sound when Classic Sonic destroys them? I mean, the GUN robots in City Escape make that noise, but they're at least still robots. I guess this applies to any non-robot enemies we might see, actually: Dark Gaia minions, artificial chaos (?), Black Arms (?!)... hm.

come to think of it i don't think i've seen classic fight anything other than robots

weird

Then I'll use one of my favorites, Lava Reef Zone, as another example. It gets pretty damn hellish when you get to Eggman at the end of the stage, and there's no denying that. The only thing missing is it being in a city.

They're both different from a lighthearted atmosphere you would associate with Classic Sonic. And a forest fire isn't exactly something entirely different if you're going to include the enemies in Crisis City but leave out the enemies in Angel Island.

Either way you want to take this, seeing Classic Sonic in a post apocalyptic environment isn't anywhere out of place than you would see him any other environment. We've had TONS of discussions over this junk, and it all boils down to this same conclusion. It's not too hard to imagine him in those places.

We've just discussed in the Will-There-Be-An-06-Stage thread how there are plenty of zones which still exist despite the change in the timeline. Kingdom Valley, Tropical Jungle, Dusty Desert, White Acropolis, and Radical Train all still exist. The only zones which no longer exist in the revised timeline are Crisis City, Flame Core, and possibly Aquatic Base.

They can choose from any of those other stages.

That's still not going to stop them from using any of the other stages from Silver's future should they choose to do so. You forget, the new villain in this game has screwed up the timeline in a similar manner that was done in Sonic 06, except this meddling dragged Classic Sonic into the fray. They could easily take advantage of that detail and use it to bring back those that you claim to no longer exist.

But either way, I never said that Crisis City should be their choice. I only came to break your logic of how Classic Sonic wouldn't fit in a place like it it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Sonic 1 - Pretty much anything BESIDES Green Hill or Scrap Brain. This game truly did start off the franchise, and as the franchise's first game, it also had more basic level designs compared to what the sequels offered. That's not to knock it down, but I'd much rather see Aquatic Ruin over Labyrinth Zone, for example.

Sonic 2 - Oil Ocean. Don't be dicks, Sonic Team.

Sonic CD - Wacky Fucking Workbench. I love the game, and I even love the theme of the level, but the confusing layout and the inability to touch the bottom level make it a no-no. Especially when all the other levels are vastly more unique choices anyway.

Sonic 3/Knuckles - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sonic Adventure 2 - Pretty much any of the levels Shadow played through, only because even though they're played in the same style as Sonic, they're not a level the blue dude himself went through, thus not making it one of Sonic's best.

Sonic Heroes - Rail Canyon. No level should be built around nearly non-stop grinding. Please.

Shadow the Hedgehog - NO level from this game should be in the game. Period. I know it's a main storyline Sonic game, but Sonic himself barely had a presence in any of the levels, nor did you have the ability to play as him through them.

Sonic 2006 - Wave Ocean. Why? 'cause if it appears, that more than likely would mean that Emerald Coast wouldn't appear, since it'd fulfill the beach motif requirement. And considering Emerald Coast is a vastly better stage in terms of design, theme, music, and nostalgic value, that'd be a huge kick in the pants to see this stage show up over the other one.

Sonic Colors - Tropical Resort, and... that's pretty much it, only because every other level in the game is so much more unique.

Edited by EXshad

Then I'll use one of my favorites, Lava Reef Zone, as another example. It gets pretty damn hellish when you get to Eggman at the end of the stage, and there's no denying that. The only thing missing is it being in a city.

They're both different from a lighthearted atmosphere you would associate with Classic Sonic. And a forest fire isn't exactly something entirely different if you're going to include the enemies in Crisis City but leave out the enemies in Angel Island.

Either way you want to take this, seeing Classic Sonic in a post apocalyptic environment isn't anywhere out of place than you would see him any other environment. We've had TONS of discussions over this junk, and it all boils down to this same conclusion. It's not too hard to imagine him in those places.

That's still not going to stop them from using any of the other stages from Silver's future should they choose to do so. You forget, the new villain in this game has screwed up the timeline in a similar manner that was done in Sonic 06, except this meddling dragged Classic Sonic into the fray. They could easily take advantage of that detail and use it to bring back those that you claim to no longer exist.

But either way, I never said that Crisis City should be their choice. I only came to break your logic of how Classic Sonic wouldn't fit in a place like it it.