Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Yeah, uh, what's the spoint of spin jumpining in NSMB without a Propellor Suit? I know it lets you shoot two fire/iceballs, but that's useless.

I believe you read that wrong... :V In Super Mario World the spin jump did multiple damage points and also allowed you to evade certain obstacles. I wish it worked like that in this new one...

I believe you read that wrong... :V In Super Mario World the spin jump did multiple damage points and also allowed you to evade certain obstacles. I wish it worked like that in this new one...

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe you read that wrong... :V I was agreeing with you and wondering why it has to be crap in NSMB.

But In this latest trailer it looked like it was the same spin from SMW.

... I don't see the round Goomba's from SMW everyone's talking about. In all the screens and videos I've seen, they all look like your standard Goomba.

Did I miss something?

... I don't see the round Goomba's from SMW everyone's talking about. In all the screens and videos I've seen, they all look like your standard Goomba.

Did I miss something?

It's both.

Some levels have normal goombas, some have ones with these really weird-looking pumpkin heads

I suppose I'm just not looking closely enough.

Here, the Goombas in the first pic are from World, and the Goombas in the second are the normal ones.

New-Super-Mario-Bros.-U-7.jpg

wiiu_newmariou_1_scrn01_e3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Here, the Goombas in the first pic are from World, and the Goombas in the second are the normal ones.

New-Super-Mario-Bros.-U-7.jpg

wiiu_newmariou_1_scrn01_e3.jpg

The world goombas look very odd. I liked them better how they looked in galaxy 2.

I can't remember, aside from visual appearence, what's the difference between stnadard Goombas and world Goombas?

I can't remember, aside from visual appearence, what's the difference between stnadard Goombas and world Goombas?

Aside from being able to kick and carry World Goombas, absolutely nothing.

Oh! You mean the ones that look like the smaller Goombas from the Galaxy titles, I gotcha! I'm not necessarily sure they're supposed to be SMW Goombas though...

Oh! You mean the ones that look like the smaller Goombas from the Galaxy titles, I gotcha! I'm not necessarily sure they're supposed to be SMW Goombas though...

The Round shaped Goombas in Galaxy are also from World.

From Mario Wiki

• An interesting note is that these spherical Goombas look like (peeled) chestnuts with fangs, hence their Japanese name. The original Goombas look rather like Mushrooms.
  • In Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, yellow and round Kuribon-like Goombas appear in certain galaxies.
  • After completing all 96 goals in the Game Boy Advance version, Goombas begin wearing sunglasses. This style first appeared in All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros.

Is it just me or do the "World" goombas in NSMB U look like someone put a brown plate or something on top of their heads? It looks really, really odd to be honest.

Is it just me or do the "World" goombas in NSMB U look like someone put a brown plate or something on top of their heads? It looks really, really odd to be honest.

Yeah, that kind of why I prefer the way the galaxy game portrait them.

Honestly, I don't think they really look like either. I think they look like acorns, fitting in with one of the themes of the game. The SMW Goombas don't have bodies, they have green feet, and a muzzle type thing on their mouths of course, whereas those don't apply to these at all. The SMG Goombas are round, but not completely spherical. And if you look, these have almost circular eyes and some kind of cap on their heads, like an acorn.

• Thumbs Up 6

They look like LEGO goombas to me, really.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Footage and playthrough of the 3 demo levels

The Snow level looks nice.

Looks like the levels are going to be a bit more enemy loaded this time around (at least based on those three levels IMO).

I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, much more interested in NSMBU than NSMB2 (rhyme unintended).

Edited by Zinos

Those Goombas look nothing like the ones from SMW, let alone SMG. It's the eyes and that brown, flat...thing on their head. Whether they're the same species or not though remains to be seen.

Anyway, this looks FAR more interesting than the sequel on 3DS, but I still think it's not worth buying the Wii U day one for this game and Pikmin 3.

Edited by Gabz Girl