Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Our approach towards(targeting) children has been insufficient.

This makes genuine sense in comparison with every other translation I've heard, they've been targeting children, but it hasn't worked or not in the right way, which I would totally agree with. If they've realised that much, there's hope yet.

I popped it into Google translate and it literally says "children were not sufficient."

Dammit Indi I literally burst out laughing

• Thumbs Up 3

If it's saying what you're saying it says, Ralphy-boy, then that's a relief and a half. But if not.. urhughfjfd.

So what's a "few hours" to us? We talking by the next 12 hours? 24? 6? 180? Xbox One? Jupiter?

The meeting is in 45 mins, so I'm guessing we'll get some info within an hour or two.

It wouldn't make any sense to say they weren't targeting children enough when you have got things coming up like Bayonetta 2. o_o

The meeting is in 45 mins, so I'm guessing we'll get some info within an hour or two.

And now we wait for Iwata's stance on children as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have thought not focusing on one group would have been spelled out for them after how well the Wii took off with a variety of demographics.

• Thumbs Up 5

So, is something supposed t

So something's supposed to start soon?

Where is the link to that, if there is one?

Nearly 100% sure it's a closed conference. Apparently in the next hour or two we'll have some news about what was discussed.

Really? Okay. I wonder what Nintendo has to say at this meeting?

Currently going on in the meeting:

*Pics*

"Please understand, not here!" - Iwata the Hedgehog

Oh, Indigo, you do make me larf. I really hope Nintendo do try and appeal to older gamers more. Bayonetta 2 looks great, but we need more. If they start doing that and it works out for them, then the third parties might start releasing their adult games on Wii U and 3DS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? Okay. I wonder what Nintendo has to say at this meeting?

"Yo fuck Sony man they think they so hot they ain't got MA-RI-O"

"Word up Iwata-dono"

Also Wii U's market problem isn't the age they're appealing to, it's that it's not an easy sell. They can't just try to aim to an older audience and have it work just like that, the Wii U needs to have an appeal that can be summed up in a sentence or less. Nintendo over-estimated how easy it would be to appeal to kids, they fucked up. Marketing 101, sell it in a sentence. The biggest problem since launch that is still a huge problem is that people, kids, parents, adults, don't know what the Wii U is or why they should care. If Nintendo still want to sell the Wii U after all this time, they need to do something about that on a fundamental level. I can't stress enough that having power and "core" mentality doesn't mean it'll sell.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Yo fuck Sony man they think they so hot they ain't got MA-RI-O"

"Word up Iwata-dono"

Very funny, SuperLink! Or should I say wise guy?

I do hope they have a good strategy that will bring them out of this mess.

It's not as closed doors as I thought, this guy is livetweeting it https://twitter.com/gibbogame

So far Iwata's just saying they won't put games on other systems and will continue R&D for hardware in the future.

EDIT1:

WiiU weakness is game pad, recognition is low, price cut not an option, people think game pad is accessory for wii

IT'S HAPPENING

NINTENDO HAS ACHIEVED

SELF-AWARENESS!!

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Iwata verbally recognise a real problem so quickly.

EDIT2:

WiiU game pad needs titles to take advantage of pad, is company's highest priority, will reveal nfc titles at E3, plan highspeed startup

Not sure I understand this but sounds promising, nfc will get a lot of attention if done right.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Did you guys know about this? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this Topic...

tumblr_n06582hMta1s8ouhxo1_500.jpg

Please Understand: Iwata cuts his salary after dismal profits

According to AFP, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata will be receiving half of his usual salary for the next five months in a small act of atonement for the terrible year Nintendo had, most in part due to the Wii U. 

Nintendo’s revenues dipped 8.1% in the last couple months

I love how he immediately begins by mentioning that they have no plans to develop on other platforms.

Thank goodness.

I love how he immediately begins by mentioning that they have no plans to develop on other platforms.

Thank goodness.

He could literally say it twice a month and the internet would still be crowded with articles saying "NINTENDO TO BECOME A THIRD PARTY???"

Gamepad profile to be increased, Mario Kart 8 to be released in May, fast start up of Gamepad designed so can play without TV quickly

Sounds like Nintendo are going to attempt to focus on GamePad play like off-tv stuff a bit more and make it smoother and faster to transition to?

Iwata's wants to change the definition of platform, previously it's been devices based, 3ds and WiiU are not compatible and users separate

Iwata's been saying that for a while now, isn't it a bit late to start saying that right after two incompatible systems come out? Geez.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Iwata's wants to change the definition of platform, previously it's been devices based, 3ds and WiiU are not compatible and users separate

This better mean what I think it means

So he just confirmed that they will release Mario Kart 8 in May. That's pretty far away.

Was hoping for a March or April release. Guess we're in for a 3 month drought after DKC.

Nintendo Network ID is important, also used for future handheld and console, now include smart device, not put Nintendo game on smartphene

Oh thank goodness... I was hoping they wouldn't have to resort to smartphenes.

Though seriously, it's good that Ninty will keep the NNID's going on. And I certainly wouldn't mind being able to manage my account via my phone.

Fuck sake... May for MK8!? What the fuck Nintendo... Was expecting March at the latest, May isn't even "Early Spring" like they teased for ages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like there are no plans to use NNID to integrate 3DS and Wii U closer together, just for "future handheld and console". Very disappointing, I wonder if they realise how dang far away that is.

Also, NNID on smartphones is nothing new, a Miiverse app was confirmed about a year ago, so there's probably more to it than that.

I'm really not sure what this "on demand service" stuff is all about.

"So service is ID based and not device based, account relationship with customer, more users play game the lower the price"

So THIS better mean what I think it means

*sweats profusely*

• Thumbs Up 6