Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

In other news I'm incredibly stupid for just now learning about how to screenshot pics on your Wii-U for Miiverse. Seriously, that had me stumped for like the longest time.

shame you can't paste it and save it as a jpeg or something. So many pics I drew on the Miiverse that I would like to save on my pc

shame you can't paste it and save it as a jpeg or something. So many pics I drew on the Miiverse that I would like to save on my pc

I thought you can just right click on the Miiverse site and save them?

More bad news (this is the norm now really). Splinter Cell: Blacklist will not have offline co-op on the Wii U version, but will have online co-op.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/splinter-cell-blacklist-wii-u-missing-offline-co-op

This...makes no sense considering that the gamepad will make offline co-op a lot more convenient.

Edited by KrazyBean

More bad news (this is the norm now really). Splinter Cell: Blacklist will not have offline co-op on the Wii U version, but will have online co-op.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/splinter-cell-blacklist-wii-u-missing-offline-co-op

This...makes no sense.

It's also ass-backwards: normally Nintendo goes for local and skimps out on online, but this game (not by them but it's on their system) has online but no local. Huh. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also ass-backwards: normally Nintendo goes for local and skimps out on online, but this game (not by them but it's on their system) has online but no local. Huh. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, at least it has online?

I mean, I guess that's better than no online, but it's still really weird.

This...makes no sense considering that the gamepad will make offline co-op a lot more convenient.

...that's weird...

I can understand the lack of online in Batman Arkam Origins on Wii U as they need to invest in the PS3/360/PC versions, but this is just stupid; they HAVE the mode coded into the game and they don't have to do anything, just enable split screen or even using the gamepad as the second screen like in Black Ops local multiplayer. 

Well, at least the game is coming on the Wii U and looks to be the best version regardless of this mode exclusion, so its not that bad I guess biggrin.png.

I thought you can just right click on the Miiverse site and save them?

so I can go on my computer and just visit the miiverse and save any pics I draw on it? I didn't know there was a site tbh, i feel dumb XD Thanks for the info tho

Maybe they will patch in the local co-op? I don't know, it's possible.

But it's very ironic.

No developer should have to patch in Local CO-OP when it's already in the game on 3 other platforms

Has anyone had much difficulty in getting their console online? x__x, I've been moving around a lot lately and my Wii U's been really odd in its Wifi preferences. I've hammered out the problems on past internet connections, and on my current one it's being, once again, cantankerous. I have it near my Laptop and my Xbox 360, all an equal distance from my router, and while those two have a great internet connection the Wii U is really stubborn to connect/stay connected. 

It's even more puzzling since my internet speed is fast and the signal strength is a solid couple of bars on the connection list D:

The Wii U has a really finicky connection. I have no idea why.

If you have a PC, I would try getting a wireless USB access point for your Wii U to connect to.

or try wiring it via  usb to lan adapter. Had my Wii hooked up via one those bad boys and barely had any problems. Made my online Brawl game a bit more bearable as well

or try wiring it via  usb to lan adapter. Had my Wii hooked up via one those bad boys and barely had any problems. Made my online Brawl game a bit more bearable as well

Brawl online is a different story. It slows down to whoever has the worst connection. Meaning if one player had a crappy connection, everyone else suffered. This is why friends mode was good in Brawl. You knew who you were battling with and you were most likely to have stable connections.

USB to LAN adapter may add costs though. You're going to need a long ethernet cord, an adapter for your Wii, and a router to plug it into. My router is in the basement so I didn't bother to use a 100ft cord. Or you could just plop a USB into your PC and deal with no wires.

The connection was pretty weak to my PC so I just went with Powerline. I had the connection go through the outlets and I bought a router to plug it into. I was able to ethernet my PC and have a connection for upstairs. 3DS, iPhone, PSP, and Wii U all have 5/5 stars connection.

I'm just a guy who likes all his connections wired is all. I also where all the cables and etc go in my place so I have the luxury of having my router and all my systems right there next to each other. By all means, if you are not close to your network set up atl all, a usb adapter is a good alternative or a bridge.

I plan to buy a Wii U in the future, does it work with the Wii LAN adapter? I always prefer cable connection for online gaming so I already have one of those for my Wii.

I plan to buy a Wii U in the future, does it work with the Wii LAN adapter? I always prefer cable connection for online gaming so I already have one of those for my Wii.

The Wii LAN Adapter is the only official adapter made AFAIK for the Wii U. It's just a USB to Ethernet so you will have no problem. In fact, a lot of people use it for their Wii U.

Man, I've been planning on getting a Wii U early this fall since there's a few games I've been eagerly waiting for, but the bad news lately plus the feel I get that it might turn out to be another "Wii" situation I have (where I buy like 1-2 games a year for it) will ultimately end up another waste for me. The PS4 is right around the corner as well and I really want that too, but getting both might be a long shot (though that's further into the year so idk).

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I should even bother right now? I was thinking I could pick one up this September so I'd have it in time for Sonic Lost World, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker, and the eventual Smash Bros later the following year or whatever. IDK, do any owners of the system right now feel like it'd be a good time to jump in, or anyone that's still on the fence in the same boat as I am?

Man, I've been planning on getting a Wii U early this fall since there's a few games I've been eagerly waiting for, but the bad news lately plus the feel I get that it might turn out to be another "Wii" situation I have (where I buy like 1-2 games a year for it) will ultimately end up another waste for me. The PS4 is right around the corner as well and I really want that too, but getting both might be a long shot (though that's further into the year so idk).

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I should even bother right now? I was thinking I could pick one up this September so I'd have it in time for Sonic Lost World, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker, and the eventual Smash Bros later the following year or whatever. IDK, do any owners of the system right now feel like it'd be a good time to jump in, or anyone that's still on the fence in the same boat as I am?

From someone in the same boat as you(and presumably like me can only afford one console), I'd wait for the PS4. If you're not into mascot platformers there's not much to suit your tastes other than Pikmin 3 & ZombiU, and the latter underpreformed to the point where Ubisoft ain't planning on making a sequel.

However, retailers in Canada are dropping the price to impluse buy levels in clearance sales($150 last time I checked), and it's likely that same will be going on in the US sometime soon.