Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

When I played through Mario World for the first time and got to the circle I didn't go search on the internet or ask for help, I kept playing until I could proceed.

In Super Metroid when they're getting to a bit which is obviously intended for the morph ball, they're not using it because they haven't been spoon fed the information on what to do.

They're not using their own wit and giving up too easily

THIS! SO this! I started to look at guides with Pokémon and DKC2 and Mario 64 . What with all those stars and all.  But Mario world was play until I found out how. that was amazing.

Road Redemption on why he chose Wii U. "It fits Nintendo audience because the game is about FUN, deep gameplay. We're not trying to be Skyrim. You don't have to watch 15 minute cutscenes or slog across barren landscapes. Just like Mario Galaxy or NintendoLand, it's about fun."

Road Redemption on why he chose Wii U. "It fits Nintendo audience because the game is about FUN, deep gameplay. We're not trying to be Skyrim. You don't have to watch 15 minute cutscenes or slog across barren landscapes. Just like Mario Galaxy or NintendoLand, it's about fun."

I really don't get this guys point. Is he trying to say that games like Skyrim aren't fun? Is he trying to say that people on the other platforms don't like fun games? What is the point of this statement?

Apparently, fun games don't exist on non-Nintendo platforms, and nobody ever had any fun playing Skyrim. Wow.

• Thumbs Up 3

The way he's describing Skyrim really makes him sound like he's saying those kind of games aren't fun. Maybe to him,but the majority of the gaming community LOVE those games. Including me.

Also yeah, he's a dick If he honestly thinks all non-Nintendo console games aren't fun.

Edited by Aqua

I think his point is that the game is not trying to be a Skyrim-like experience. No long cutscenes, no huge landscapes to traverse. Simple, pick-up-and-play arcadey fun. I don't think he's saying Skyrim is shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think his point is that the game is not trying to be a Skyrim-like experience. No long cutscenes, no huge landscapes to traverse. Simple, pick-up-and-play arcadey fun. I don't think he's saying Skyrim is shit.

Rather poor choice of words.

• Thumbs Up 1

His use of the words 'slog' and 'barren' would suggest that it was a dig at Skyrim. Also, I'm not sure 'deep' is a word you could use to describe Nintendoland, but whatever.

Yeah honestly, I agree that I believe you guys are taking it the wrong way. I mean, let's be honest.. we've ALWAYS associated Nintendo with gameplay > graphics with barely any story narrative. We've also posted tons of interviews with stories being cut (Paper Mario, Galaxy 2) and that Miyamoto just wants his games to be solely focused on the fun factory and not anything else. Nintendo has always been like this, it's not a big surprise.

"Is he saying Skyrim sucks?! Is he saying non-Nintendo consoles don't have fun games?!"

BWAHAHAA!!!!

Edit: Uh.. Patty, open world games often have you traveling across huge fields. RPGs often fall into this. He's saying that you're always in the action. There's no walking across huge fields to get to your next mission. The action comes to you. Honestly, that complaint is nothing new.

Edited by Autosaver

Edit: Uh.. Patty, open world games often have you traveling across huge fields. RPGs often fall into this. He's saying that you're always in the action. There's no walking across huge fields to get to your next mission. The action comes to you. Honestly, that complaint is nothing new.

Not if you don't want to. You can fast travel or take a carriage to wherever you want in the game world, although that would defeat the point. It's not a slog, it's called exploring.

His use of the words 'slog' and 'barren' would suggest that it was a dig at Skyrim.

Well, I wouldn't call that an unfounded opinion of the game personally.

• Thumbs Up 9

This must be the most tedious back and forth on the boards right now. I don't even know why I'm arguing, really; the words look like a dig at Skyrim to me, and they don't to some other people. It's about as worthy of discussion as Obama's back hair, or lack thereof. Why am I even defending Skyrim? I've never played it.

Must be the heat.

Besides, the game's on Steam and the 360 also

Edited by PSI Aqua

look at all those "no games" the wii u has

Personal thing, but I Ioved how it ended on Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow fuck look at that Yoshi. There are so many exclusives, all the Nintendo hate/SLW butthurt really got me doubting my purchase of my Wii U. But I'll be damned about every game there is right up my ally.

still waiting for FIFA the best game ever tho

What is that why is that music

But I'm pretty much looking forward to all of those games. I won't even have to wait in line for a Wii U once Smash U is announced.

Edited by Speedster

I thought it was fairly obvious that the Wii U would begin justifying itself this holiday season due to all of these titles coming out of the woodwork. A lot of cynical hyperbole on its awful start makes that video nice to see in comparison, but I've always felt the doubters were jumping the gun due to what we already knew. Us lot will be tripping ourselves over 3D Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Sonic, Rayman, 101, Bayonetta and other good stuff that a lot of the overwrought calls of "doom" here and elsewhere will be long forgotten.

• Thumbs Up 4

I bet after E3, these so called "gaming critics" will suddenly be praising the Wii U and bashing the Nextbox and PS4. I feel it in me bones. =]

• Thumbs Up 4

Why isn't that so familiar to another system that had tons of gloom & doom when released and was supposed to die? rolleyes.gif

Brownie points to when certain websites ran how terrible the system was and are now running that it's the best system made. LOL

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

I bet after E3, these so called "gaming critics" will suddenly be praising the Wii U and bashing the Nextbox and PS4. I feel it in me bones. =]

I doubt it; there'll be a lot of hype in the air after E3, with there being two big new console reveals and with Nintendo not having an event with that kind of exciting atmosphere.

I doubt it; there'll be a lot of hype in the air after E3, with there being two big new console reveals and with Nintendo not having an event with that kind of exciting atmosphere.

But the gaming journalists will probably do big segments on the Nintendo games that are playable on the show floor. 

But the gaming journalists will probably do big segments on the Nintendo games that are playable on the show floor.

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Almost all focus will be on the new consoles.