Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I really, really, really, really hope the new Zelda actually takes some risks and modernizes the franchise. Voice acting and decent cinematography in cutscenes would be a start; a really, really good story and deeper game mechanics are my main concern personally, though. 

Unless the new Zelda really blows my mind and makes big advancements from Skyward Sword... I think I might just skip it, honestly. I've gotten tired of Zelda as of late.

Smash Bros. will always be the ultimate party game though. Excited to see that.

/probably a controversial post but hey whatever

• Thumbs Up 1

If Nintendo's learned anything at all from their original reveal of Brawl, they'll probably have an absolute stinger of a character reveal right at the end of their first trailer. That being said it's hard to imagine who they could reveal to match the same hype factor that Snake did, but I guess that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Is there anything to suggest the Zelda news will be a new reveal and not just more footage of the 3DS game we've already seen?

It says Wii U games. It'd be great if it was an all-new Zelda game, but it could be just Wind Waker.

EDIT:

Just saw Ralph's post :P

BKbcHjZCQAAuXZh.jpg

y cant metroid crawl!?!??!

Oh god that killed me inside.

• Thumbs Up 2

BKbcHjZCQAAuXZh.jpg

Really?

Really?

Just...

Really?

BKbcHjZCQAAuXZh.jpg

To be fair, it took me awhile to figure out that I had to shoot 5 missiles to make a door open.  1 missile?  Sure, but 5's a tad bit excessive if you ask me.

Edited by Nix

So last week Ted Price from Insomniac said that they had no plans for the Wii-U.

Just now EA have clarified his remarks.

"EA has NO games in development for the Wii-U" Company spokesman Jeff Brown told Kotaku in an interview that there are absolutely no games in development for it. Whilst he didn't rule out EA developing games for it at a later date, in terms of whats coming, theres... nothing.

This is the worst news to hit the Wii-U since last week.

Source.

I have a bad feeling that, when we start seeing what sort of DRM systems the PS4 and Nextbox allow EA to implement, we might see why EA don't particularly want the Wii U to succeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh lord, that made my day! How could you possibly fail that much at Super Metroid? I'm like the most absent minded gamer in the world and even I could figure that shit out...

• Thumbs Up 4

BKbcHjZCQAAuXZh.jpg

... Well, dang.

Now, whenever I see someone bitch about the Super Guide and how it's "ruining gaming as we know it," all I have to do is show them this and say, "Hmm... I can see why it's needed nowadays."

I've got such a good feeling about Nintendo's showing this year. Obviously we're going to have to wait years until we get what they'll be showing into our hands, but hey! I'm sure they'll be releasing at least something big for the Wii U after Pikmin/before Christmas.

Also everyone please stop quoting that picture gawd

Current rumor is that Fall is going to see a 3-hit combo of Wind Waker HD, the next 3D Mario, and Mario Kart 8.

BKbcHjZCQAAuXZh.jpg

To be fair, if you run out missiles, and you go down there, you can''t get out unless you're really skilled at wall jumping and doing the morph ball in mid-air.

The other things though. Facepalm.

BKbcHjZCQAAuXZh.jpg

I think my favorite one is "I am stuffed and don't know where to go".

The first time I played Metroid I didn't know you had to use 5 missiles to break down a door.

Seriously, that seems so strange.

• Thumbs Up 1

"I've played SM a billion times and now it's like i never learned how to morph ball"

yeaaaa rite 

• Thumbs Up 2

In every 2D Metroid it's down twice. How is that hard? The game even says that when you pick up the Morph Ball like 5 seconds into Zebes.

SSB won't be playable, it may not even have a trailer. At Nintendo Direct when they said it'd be at E3, they said they'd be showing "screenshots" quite specifically, so it might be they can't get a trailer ready.

I'm surprised none of these are the infamous "bridge".

I admittedly posted one there.. I've only played through SM once before and it's the only Metroid game where you can "run" :S

I sincerely doubt Nintendo would reveal new titles without trailers to go with them. Having SSB actually playable isn't so likely, but hardly impossible. I think you're reading too much into it.

I sincerely doubt Nintendo would reveal new titles without trailers to go with them. Having SSB actually playable isn't so likely, but hardly impossible. I think you're reading too much into it.

Even if it is a trailer, it may just be a Bayonetta 2 style teaser trailer which really doesn't have much to it.

Even if it is a trailer, it may just be a Bayonetta 2 style teaser trailer which really doesn't have much to it.

Eh, it'd probably be a Brawl style trailer, which is all people really want at this point. They want to see how the game's evolved and who's in it. Just think about how the Snake reveal shocked an entire gaming world.

Do that, open up the Smash Dojo again later down the line with an added Miiverse Community on top of that, bring back Japan Time and Nintendo has the biggest hype bringer imaginable for the next year.

• Thumbs Up 2