Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Yeah, Nintendo's customer service has been the best out of the Big 3 in my experience. I had to send my Wii for repairs a couple years back because it stopped reading dual-layered discs and they fixed it for free despite the fact that it was 5 years old at the time.

Sent my gamepad in for a screen issue where a wierd blotch started showing up and was all done fast and free, got it back in less than a week.  Phone rep was very friendly and nice too.  Nintendo rocks with repairs and customer service.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I can also agree to that.

$10 eShop credit + Pikmin 3 for free? :)

Auto, wasn't that only because they deleted all your save data?.

Well, Im less hesitant to send it in now, so thanks. I might as well do it while there aren't many games to play lol.

So would buying a used 3DS XL be a bad idea?

Nintendo sells used ones with a 1 year warranty.

Nintendo eyes smartphone apps to spur Wii U sales

The Japanese company is reportedly working to enable mobile app access on its consoles to boost flagging Wii U sales.

Nintendo is trying to modify its game consoles so customers can use smartphone applications on them, as the struggling Japanese company aims to return to profitability.

The Japan Times reported Monday that anonymous company sources say the console maker is betting on third-party smartphone apps to spur device sales. This, in turn, could lead to a growth in popular game titles on its platform, the Japan Times added.

Read more of "Nintendo taps smartphone apps to increase console sales" at ZDNet.

You know what else would help the Wii U? Not stripping content in 3rd Party games. =|

I'm sorry, since when did this happen? I call bullshit.

I'm sorry, since when did this happen? I call bullshit.

Well, right now, Injustice doesn't have any DLC released but there's a small chance they're waiting to release them in packs.

For that matter, how is it Nintendo that's stripping the content? It's 3rd parties being Nintendo hating assholes.

• Thumbs Up 5

Moreso, it's developers holding back DLC on a system where they're still unsure of the sales viability of dlc.

They can put dlc on it, but they have to port it and distribute it and it may not attain the revenue needed to break even on porting or developing. And stuff. It's an issue I imagine will dissipate if the WiiU gets a larger userbase down the line.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering Wii U porting is supposedly almost trivial, I fail to see how porting DLC over should be remotely seen as any kind of financial risk. It boggles the mind.

Is it really that hard to port skins and models? It's not entire levels, should be easy enough.

"TAKE OUR MONEY!!!"

"no"

Too bad it'll probably never be made.

1.5mil crowdsourcer for a video game? rarely ever succeeds

1.5mil crowdsourcer for a video game with a support fanbase which is cult and obscure at best? Never gonna happen.

Wow, Shadow of the Eternals does look very very nice. Never played the original Eternal Darkness but I like what I see here, lots of potentially interesting mechanics that could be used throughout the game.

As SuperLink says though, I'm going to hold off on getting too invested in it, as I'm always dubious about crowdsourced projects unless they really take off. I wish them the best of luck though, it's certainly a game I'd like to see made.

Considering Wii U porting is supposedly almost trivial, I fail to see how porting DLC over should be remotely seen as any kind of financial risk. It boggles the mind.

It can't be that easy, since a lot of the stuff that has been ported to it apparently tends to run like shit.

It has the architecture that it can brute force some things, but to finesse it they need to work with the GPGPU. Which a lot of devs still can't seem to wrap their heads around. Know who wrapped their heads around it, though? NetherRealm. The Wii U version of Injustice runs and looks better than the PS3 and 360 versions. So they have no excuse not to do DLC for Injustice Wii U.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34121

Let your bodies remain ready.

Before the E3 show floor opens, Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miyamoto will host a presentation to the media prior to E3.

Previously, Nintendo had announced that it would not be holding its regular, worldwide-focused pre-E3 press conference, instead hosting two smaller presentations, and using the expo to focus on upcoming software for North America. Despite this, Nintendo still plans on letting everyone know exactly what games are going to be on the show floor.

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

Ohhhh, looking forward to it! I think this also means they'll reveal the new Mario Kart and Super Mario Wii U game since I believe those will be playable at the E3.

Demographics. Even ignoring install base differences, is it worth it to port DLC and establish download servers on a system with an audience that is already more likely to be unreceptive to DLC in the first place?

• Thumbs Up 2

Aren't the download servers actually run by Nintendo? Also, the whole unreceptive thing is a lame excuse, because the DLC on the 3DS has sold like gangbusters so far. Also, as far as I know, AC III's DLC sold just fine on Wii U, and Zen Pinball 2 as well.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 3