Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Found it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

It's basically a rundown of all that's happened up till now. It mentions the old news about how devs find the CPU underpowered and the outdated architecture too, is that what you're meaning?

actualy, that was proved false about 20 pages back

Comrade

No one's looking for hidden power. We all know it's not there. Rather, history has convinced us that power alone doesn't matter so much.

I'm sorry if this comes out as condescending or anything, but we've been arguing that point for nearly 600 pages.

I just want to babble about Platinum making games for furry Star Wars geeks

Yet at the same time history has shown if you can't catch up, you fall behind. Nintendo still is the only company to not have any sort of account system for your games. Sure, there's Nintendo Network, but it does not link your games to the account, but rather the system.

Kamiya already lost interest.

Hilariously enough, because people wouldn't shut up about it :U

fffffffffffffffffffffff

Besides, if you really want to argue about specs, let's talk about how the 3DS is hardware from 2004 with a gimmick slapped on and still has more support than the Vita.

This would be a problem if the Vita were the platform being natively developed for, which it absolutely isn't. Downporting is an expensive and difficult process, as evidenced by the fact that an entire team is handling the 360 version of Titanfall. This process is only worth going through if the console in question is popular and sales projections are high.

Our personal preferences in regards to how powerful it should be are completely irrelevant in regards to this topic. You can say that it's plenty powerful enough to meet your needs, and I'd agree depending on the price. You can say that power doesn't matter to the general consumer or developers that want to develop for the system, and that's true. But the main thing I've ever said in regards to power and third parties is that ports of games natively developed for PS4 and XB1 are hard to do because of the Wii U's lack of power.

Gligar's bringing in irrelevant info with the mention of the account system bullshit, but I just want to clarify that factually the Wii U's power gap will prevent it from getting ports of PS4/XB1 games, because it isn't a popular enough system to warrant getting an entire second team to do the job. That's all I'm saying. 

I'd link, but this site has tons of bugs. For example, CTRL-V doesn't work in my web browser when it does on nearly every other website. Just view the DigitalFoundry WiiU Developer article called "Wii U: The Inside Story". Or the comparisons for ACIV, Arkham Origins, or CoD Ghosts. Both were developed a year into the consoles life, by now you should be seeing improvements if there really was any "hidden power", and all you see are lower framerates even compared to the 360.

If the article Solkia posted is the one you were referring to, then allow me to link you to my response given about it back in of this topic (the link will redirect you straight to my post).

I'd not seriously trust an anonymous source who not only doesn't seem to quite understand the Wii U hardware but it has also been already debunked by many named developers as the ones I linked in my post plus others who gave their comments right after the Eurogamer article was published.

As Solkia correctly said, the Wii U hardware is not the real problem for the current console's struggles: it's been already said over millions of times in this topic.

Yet at the same time history has shown if you can't catch up, you fall behind. Nintendo still is the only company to not have any sort of account system for your games. Sure, there's Nintendo Network, but it does not link your games to the account, but rather the system.

Yet again, look at the 3DS for example. The console may not have an outstanding online service (heck, it even has the ludicrous Friend Codes system!), and the Nintendo Network, while finally linked to the 3DS, needs several works to be fully cross-functional with the Wii U. Yet there are a fair amount of 3rd parties (mostly Japanese) willing to develop for it because the console is currently a major success.

Doesn't matter how your hardware or complementary services are in a console: if the games published for the console are really good enough to push millions of sales, more developers will be interested to work on it. Software sells hardware, simple as that.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Nintendo is looking to do more partnerships, i'm hoping they'll collaborate with WB Games to give us a remake of...

1088912819-00.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

If Nintendo is looking to do more partnerships, i'm hoping they'll collaborate with WB Games to give us a remake of...

1088912819-00.jpg

actualy, what if they did a number of teamups and revived their nintendo sports series? like 1080, crusin, and others

And why not SUMO for cruisin?

Warner Bros. refunding season passes for Wii U's version of Arkham Origins. DLC canceled.

Thanks so much for your support of Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U.

We are contacting you today because you purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass for Wii U. We hope you’ve been enjoying the content that has been delivered thus far. Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has made the decision to remove its offering of the upcoming new story campaign for Wii U. As a result, we will be crediting the entire $19.99+tax cost of the Season Pass back to your Nintendo eShop account. You will still be able to enjoy the content already released thus far.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support of the game.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.

They should really get to just putting N64 games on the Wii U VC in general. Mario 64, OoT, StarFox 64 and F-Zero X on the Gamepad would be a dream. <3

• Thumbs Up 3

Is any of the Origins DLC actually worth it other than the Adam West costume?

Seriously grinds my shit that that was PS3 exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

They should really get to just putting N64 games on the Wii U VC in general. Mario 64, OoT, StarFox 64 and F-Zero X on the Gamepad would be a dream. <3

dont forget MM, and out of em, I would definately buy MM and F-zero X on my wii-u!

Is it really not worth for WB Games to release the DLC for the Wii U now instead of refunding the season pass people $20? I'm starting to think the next story is going to be Ubisoft burying unsold copies of the Wii U version of ACIV in a New Mexico landfill.

Or up-res them like Zelda OoT 3D and Starfox 64 3D and sell them on the shop for both Wii U and 3DS. Buy it once, its compatible for both consoles.

I know that's a crazy fantasy, but Nintendo has been pretty cool lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or up-res them like Zelda OoT 3D and Starfox 64 3D and sell them on the shop for both Wii U and 3DS. Buy it once, its compatible for both consoles.

I know that's a crazy fantasy, but Nintendo has been pretty cool lately.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't be so hasty to demand that much from them haha but I mean doitnintendo

1088912819-00.jpg

Wait cruising USA/world were made by Nintendo? Why the hell are they not doing anything with that good lord man those games where great

Wait cruising USA/world were made by Nintendo? Why the hell are they not doing anything with that good lord man those games where great

actualy, Midway(and one guy in particular) developed, however Nintendo was publisher, and is the only company that has ever had the home versions, and in theory have full rights to the name (in theory at least)

But no really though, ports of Super Mario 64, StarFox 64 and Ocarina of Time to Wii U that play essentially the same as the originals but share the up-res'd visuals of SM64DS, SF643D and OoT3D... man oh man, that on a Wii U would make my life for a good long while. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Now F-Zero X on the other hand needs no enhancements, it's good as is. <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Watch them put star fox command on the virtual console just to mess with us