Awoo.

Sony's PSN Attacked Again! 93,000 Accounts Compromised!

LunarEdge

WHAT!? MY STORE DOESEN'T WANNA WORK FOR SOME REASON!? Seriously i try and it just says "Error 80023102". Weird considering PSN and everythign else is working fine

EDIT: Oh now it's working...but with horrible technicall hicups

-EDIT 2: THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!? IT JUSTB SAID IT SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADED INFAMOUS AND WHEN i CHECK IT DOESEN'0T APPEAR! AND NOW I CAN'0T PICK MY FIRST GAME AGAIN!?!? OH COME ON!

Edited by Viku

WHAT!? MY STORE DOESEN'T WANNA WORK FOR SOME REASON!? Seriously i try and it just says "Error 80023102". Weird considering PSN and everythign else is working fine

EDIT: Oh now it's working...but with horrible technicall hicups

-EDIT 2: THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!? IT JUSTB SAID IT SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADED INFAMOUS AND WHEN i CHECK IT DOESEN'0T APPEAR! AND NOW I CAN'0T PICK MY FIRST GAME AGAIN!?!? OH COME ON!

now it doesen't even want to connect me to PSN -_____-

my guess is that there must two much people in it and it's kicking me out or soemthing....

It just took me like 3 hours to download Mod Nation Racers PSP. So yeah.

Anyway. I was going to ask what you guys think I should get as my second free PSP title. I already have LBP on the PSP.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

It just took me like 3 hours to download Mod Nation Racers PSP. So yeah.

Anyway. I was going to ask what you guys think I should get as my second free PSP title. I already have LBP on the PSP.

Well go with which ever type of gameplay you like doing more, shooting stuff or driving cars.

I like both genres, but the issue is whether FPS games actually play well enough on PSP. Anyone ever play Resistance on the PSP before?

I like both genres, but the issue is whether FPS games actually play well enough on PSP. Anyone ever play Resistance on the PSP before?

Killzone Liberation isn't an FPS like Resistance Retribution is:

EDIT:

*ninja'd*

I keep on getting error 80710d36 (even following what shadzter said above), I assume this is because of the busy servers?

I keep on getting error 80710d36 (even following what shadzter said above), I assume this is because of the busy servers?

Thanks Carbo/Shadzter for posting/reposting the directions for getting back to the welcome back downloads. I got LBP okay, but it glitched on me between 'buying' free game 2 and telling it which one I wanted. I opted for inFamous, although I'm not sure it's my sort of game. I KNOW several of the other aren't and even if it's free there's not much point in downloading something that will never get started even once.

Traffic still seems to be heavy, but usually repeating a request will get through the second time, even if the first time gives you an error.

You know I totally don't mind the PSN being down so long. I missed multiplayer, but getting 4 free games I wouldn't have bought anyway makes me totally forgive Sony. I didn't much care about the PSP selection but Killzone Liberation and ModNation Racers looked decent so I grabbed them. The PS3 selection made me happy though, I'd been wanting Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury for a long time, and Super Stardust HD looked fun (and it is) since I've already played InFamous and LittleBigPlanet.

So last night I was on my PS3 and I had a look in the 'whats new' section. Thats the orange button on your XMB.

I scrolled all the way down to the bottom and found a window (which is no longer there) called "Welcome back" and the text "Enjoy these movies on us"

So curiously I clicked the link, I got taken to the Playstation Store were I was greeted with an error message, after I cleared the message I was on the store in a movies section, on the left was an advert saying "Welcome Back: Enjoy these movies on us" and in the small print *Offer expires 23:59 5th June* Hence why I got the error code, I checked it at 0:30 on the 6th June.

But there were 3 movies in the picture and well... To be honest there are better ones out there.

* Resident Evil: Degeneration (The annimated one)

* House of the Dead Part 2 (Yes the sequel to that Uwe Boll movie).

* Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

And that was it.

This was the first time I had ever heard of it, so I did some looking around and I could only find one official Sony source for this offer. Which has now been taken down but the url is still active.

It was different movies for each region of the EU, some other regions had Ghostbusters and one had Bad Boys 2.

Other than that now dead link, I can only find one other source of news on this.

Was this ever announced anywhere?

So last night I was on my PS3 and I had a look in the 'whats new' section. Thats the orange button on your XMB.

I scrolled all the way down to the bottom and found a window (which is no longer there) called "Welcome back" and the text "Enjoy these movies on us"

So curiously I clicked the link, I got taken to the Playstation Store were I was greeted with an error message, after I cleared the message I was on the store in a movies section, on the left was an advert saying "Welcome Back: Enjoy these movies on us" and in the small print *Offer expires 23:59 5th June* Hence why I got the error code, I checked it at 0:30 on the 6th June.

But there were 3 movies in the picture and well... To be honest there are better ones out there.

* Resident Evil: Degeneration (The annimated one)

* House of the Dead Part 2 (Yes the sequel to that Uwe Boll movie).

* Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

And that was it.

This was the first time I had ever heard of it, so I did some looking around and I could only find one official Sony source for this offer. Which has now been taken down but the url is still active.

It was different movies for each region of the EU, some other regions had Ghostbusters and one had Bad Boys 2.

Other than that now dead link, I can only find one other source of news on this.

Was this ever announced anywhere?

Yeah it was indeed buried in the news announcements that Sony would do a free movie weekend, emphasis on the weekend part. Of course though if you missed the announcements the free movie rental offer occasionally flashed on the games section of the store.

What you do to the PSN? I arrest you!

Three arrests have been made in spain of people believed to be linked to the PSN hacking incident of last month.

If it's true and these people did indeed hack the PSN. Please put them in jail, for a thousand years.

Meanwhile... here is some music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYnmN1zwx0

• Thumbs Up 1

Assuming the people they've caught were actually involved, this is pretty big news.

Of course, I await another retaliatory strike any moment now.....

PlayStation Network maintenance tomorrow morning

Users may experience brief service interruption during three hour window

Sony's announced three hours of scheduled PlayStation Network maintenance tomorrow morning, Wednesday June 15, from 05.00 AM BST until 8.00 AM BST (BST = GMT +1).

Thankfully it shouldn't have much of an impact on gamers actually out of bed at that time.

"For a brief period during the maintenance window, users will be unable to sign into the PlayStation Network," Sony said on the PlayStation EU site.

"Some users signed into the PlayStation Network may find they are automatically signed out. Anyone unable to sign back in immediately should be advised to wait for 10 minutes and then try the sign in process again.

"There should be no further issues affecting users beyond this," Sony added.

At its E3 conference last week, Sony said that activity on the PlayStation Network was back up to 90 percent of what it had been before the recent security breach.

[ Source: PlayStation ]

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307200/news/playstation-network-maintenance-tomorrow-morning/

Seems to be just typical maintenance. Glad to see it at a better time frame for us in the UK for a change.

They've been out already. :P Just go to PlayStation Home then go to the store and you'll find them. :D

More good news!

For those in the EU region, we're finally getting our playstation home welcome back package.

According to the EU PS Blog. The Home Welcome Back package is due to go live next week.No idea as to whats inside it, but the US one contained 100 free items including part of a house/home space so I hope this one will include some nice goodies, and not just the bundle of free stuff thats already on there.

Tripple post!? OH HO! OH HO! OH HO!

The EU Home welcome back package is now live (or will be very shortly) now... it's kinda underwhelming considering what the US got...

• Anime Style Apartment

• Anime themed clothing and furniture sets

• Paris Modern Office furniture set

• nDreams Big Bash party bundle

• nDreams Fantasy Fashion and Funkster costumes

• Aurora OrbRunner Booster Bundle

• A cuddly Stitchkins Bunny Toy from Lockwood

• A Midway Green ticket (50 plays)

• Cardboard Cartel Furniture from Codeglue

• Fortune Cookie active item

• A selection of Tops, Shirts, Skirts, High-top trainers and glasses

• Go Fish – a new, free-to-play fishing game based in the Shopping Centre

And thats it.

Now... yeah... It doesn't look great... but... we're getting a free Home space, which is pretty cool (and having looked at the pics of it. It really does look cool!)

The midway tokens kinda depend on how lucky you get with the mini games I guess, some of the items do look quite nice. Also at least these are actual items and not the already free stuff thats on there lumped into one huge bundle.

5884156677_5d042c1742.jpg

That would be your free apartment space.

Full story on the blog.

EDIT: Oh boy... theres actually A LOT more than this list makes out, you'll understand when you go to claim your apartment (remember you can claim the gifts you don't have to download the spaces).

But... you have to download them individually, it's not as one huge bulk file which will take some time.

Edit 2: The animi space related stuff... it's fucking awesome!

Edit 3: For those trying to claim their stuff, don't make the same mistake I just did.

e.g. If you want to download all the animi space stuff, you just need to select the bundles, if you try to select the bundles and the individual items, it will cause an error and you'll need to remove the individuals, as far as I can see the bundle has all the indivdual items in it. Just download that.

Edit 4: If you want everything you need to take 3 trips to the checkout.

Edited by Hogfather