Awoo.

Sony's PSN Attacked Again! 93,000 Accounts Compromised!

LunarEdge

Well, it seems that al least for US users that the store is down again. I'm guessing due to traffic. Now I just need to wait for it to return to start downloading FFVIII. Already purchased along with some Dissidia 012 content, went to test the 012 stuff I got, went back to actually download VIII, and no luck.

Long story short, store's down again.

EDIT- Seems to have literally been fixed after I made this post. Disregard it, unless it happens again.

EDIT EDIT- It seems to happen on and off. Either you can get on or you can't. At this point it's luck of the draw.

It's just an error message that everyone's been getting all day due to traffic. I've had it on and off on both PS3 and PSP. If it was down it would give a maintenance message.

I guess I got the lucky part of the deal because I've been on all day after only recieving the error my first time getting on this morning.

PSN Game Store ‘Catch-Up’Date #2 – 3rd June 2011

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/03/psn-game-store-catch-update-2-3rd-june-2011/#more-40588

That's for Europe. A U.S. update hasn't appeared on the U.S. blog yet.

Welcome Back to SOCOM 4–With Free Maps and Weapons!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/02/welcome-back-to-socom-4-with-free-maps-and-weapons/

The playstation Store is currently offering Free Playstation Plus and 2 new games out of 5 choices FREE after Playstation store is done undergoing mantenance. As you can see Playstation Network has shut down for about 1 month this message This is sent to see if your account is active. If you do not send this message to 15-20 by this week your account will be shuit down. Sorry! We are tracking messages (love heart icon)

I've had two of these in the last hour.

Aside from pointing out the obvious spelling errors and various other mistakes... Are people really that stupid.

Ha ha! Not had any of those myself. Reminds me of the days of never-ending chain mails people would send around in the late 90's and early 00's before it moved to mobile phone texting.

Sony suffers new hack - but PlayStation Network, Store safe

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304654/news/sony-suffers-new-hack-but-playstation-network-store-safe/

Sony defends slow response to PlayStation Network hack

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304660/sony-defends-slow-response-to-playstation-network-store-hack/

EDIT:

YAY! The Welcome Back package is now up!

Just got it myself.

you have to first choose 'get now' on the welcome back thing, then go to your game and select 'download' (The moment you do this that is the game you have picked, there is no turning back).

Once you pick two games the other choices are removed from the welcome back area.

I gots Wipeout HD (it does include all the expansion packs) and Dead Nation.

Now, shall we organise when we'd all like to race/go for our big group trophy or shall I make a new topic for Wipeout?

• Thumbs Up 2

That latest hack is pretty funny really: Sony's branches clearly don't communicate internally.

Now this is just fucking weird. I went to download the Welcome Back thing I needed to get it for free but it kept giving me an error message - now the Welcome Back section supplying free games doesn't show up at all.

Flaming hell, I keep getting errors on both PS3 and PSP, no doubt due to the traffic and it's making me worry that it's going to stop me getting my games >_<

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like a very wobbly service. I think I'll wait a few hours till things quieten down so I won't risk the hassle.

Make a thread for newcomers I guess. People will need time to unlock that skin.

Edited by Hogfather

Much obliged for that Carbo. I entered the Welcome back section to see how it was set up, and did basically the same thing.

Yep, heavy traffic errors caused me to lose one of my free game options on PSP. Have to use the provided help info, tahnks Carbo. Not like it matters. It's only now that I realize that I don't have enough space left on my memory card to install any one of those games, even after deleting all nonessential data. Need to look into getting another one.

But apparently someone like me that bought a PS3 after the downtime can still get free games. I saw the options in the store but haven't tried them yet due to the errors and what happened with my first PSP option. I did have an account prior, just no PS3.

Thanks, Carbo! Managed to get Dead Nation downloading halfway and counting so far. Picked Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty as my other game, since I have the other 3 games already, except for the Fury expansion on Wipeout HD. Not been able to get anything to download on my PSP yet. I've picked LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers.

EDIT:

Damn, like Yong I'm going to need a bigger memory stick to download even one of those games. Cleared everything I don't need and I still don't have enough space.

Does anyone know if it's only 5 free games per PS3 or 5 free games per account?

I want to know because my brother and I share a PS3 together but have different accounts.

Does anyone know if it's only 5 free games per PS3 or 5 free games per account?

I want to know because my brother and I share a PS3 together but have different accounts.

It's 2 games per account. If you have a PS3 and a PSP, then you can have 2 for your PS3 and 2 for your PSP.

It's 2 games per account. If you have a PS3 and a PSP, then you can have 2 for your PS3 and 2 for your PSP.

I know it's 2 games per account, I meant 5 as in the selection of the games. Probably should've worded that better.

I just need to know if I can get 2 games and my brother can get 2 games or are we gonna have to fight over it?

I know it's 2 games per account, I meant 5 as in the selection of the games. Probably should've worded that better.

I just need to know if I can get 2 games and my brother can get 2 games or are we gonna have to fight over it?

Oh, sorry, I didn't read your post properly. There's 5 games to choose from, but I'm not sure if you can have 2 games each on the same console, despite having separate accounts. There's a few people who have asked this question in the PS Blog comments, but I can't see an answer yet.

Just thought I'd share my experiences trying to download these games.

[1:41:50 PM] Chooch: It's been taking more than 15 minutes

[1:41:55 PM] Chooch: On my fucking

[1:41:58 PM] Chooch: FiOS

[1:42:03 PM] Chooch: Gyadam

[1:42:39 PM] Chooch: I'm downloading this game at fucking dial-up speed right now

[1:42:52 PM] AceAwes0me: lmao....goddamn lmao

[1:43:38 PM] Chooch: I've been telling people to just wait

[1:43:46 PM] Chooch: Basically everyone I talk to to wait

[1:44:03 PM] Chooch: Except myself

[1:45:31 PM] AceAwes0me: of course

[1:46:01 PM] Chooch: lmao It's almost done

[1:46:04 PM] Chooch: Come on baby

[1:46:08 PM] Chooch: Puuuush

[1:46:09 PM] Chooch: Puuuuush

[1:46:13 PM] Chooch: I SEE THE HEAD

[1:46:29 PM] AceAwes0me: D:

[1:46:30 PM] Chooch: PUUUUUUUSH

[1:47:14 PM] AceAwes0me: lmao

[1:47:48 PM] Chooch: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

[1:47:52 PM] Chooch: There we go

[1:48:11 PM] Chooch: It's a beautiful new copy of Super Stardust HD~!

[1:49:11 PM] AceAwes0me: w00t!!

[1:50:05 PM] Chooch: I am a very proud father to a free game

• Thumbs Up 1