Awoo.

Time to discuss the plot! Already!

Diquro

By "stupid humans" I was referring of course to all humans who aren't Robnotnik. There's no need for them.

Dude, Prof. Pickle is one of the best humans to be in this series.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with humans. They should be under the same judgement as non-humans for who they are, not what they are. That would be rather superficial otherwise.

You've got C. Sonic & M. Sonic, C. Robotnik & M. Robotnik (maybe), and various cast members from over the years (I pray not too many; too many cooks etc). I hardly think humans would be a necessary or beneficial addition to that already crowded field.

I doubt we're getting humans, but I honestly think we'd be choking ourselves if we relied in general on what is or isn't necessary considering there shouldn't be a scale to determine how much you should enjoy something because of how necessary it was. We could go straight down the list on what isn't necessary, and that definitely isn't doing anyone any favors.

As for beneficial, that just depends on portrayal and writing. It's quite a stretch of logic to conclude that humans other than Eggman are bad simply because they're human, and I seriously doubt they would be anything detrimental for being around unless you just flat out hate them because they're there. Which, to me, is being rather excessive.

I can understand dislike for Elise, but that shouldn't be blamed simply because she was a human than it was how shitty she was written (even if the kiss made you squick). But if (and I fucking mean "IF" for those who want to push it) she was actually well written and decent, then I challenge someone to convince me how being human disqualifies her from having good traits than it would if she wasn't human. If they kept the poor portrayal they gave her, but instead of being a human she was a wolf/rabbit/other animal, I doubt people would see her any differently. The kiss wouldn't be seen so bad, but that's it. And that's just an example of how a human or anthro character doesn't matter out of looks.

Also, something about Robotnik no longer being the only human diluting all the hey-let's-read-deeply-into-simple-shit symbolism that might've been there before; the only human you ever saw was a fat-cat-esque captain of science and industry wanting to industrialize the entire world and put nature in chains, with Sonic being a conservationist/Luddite/people's hero animal out to protect his fellow flora and fauna yadda yadda yadda...

Provided that I'm understanding you correctly, I don't ever remember the folks behind Sonic team declaring that Eggman was the only human in the world. I'm sure that was just implied by the fans, although anyone is more than welcome to prove me wrong by providing a source.

It goes further when you considered that the very same folks behind the series prior to departing on to other things also included humans into the series (although mostly as NPCs) on Sonic's first Dreamcast title.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I hope we finally get the Super Sonic vs. Super Giga Mecha Robotnik in this game that we've wanted since FOREVER, I mean I liked that Colors had Eggman as the final boss and all, but dammit I want a Super Sonic battle with him, one that will make me shit my pants.

Also, something about Robotnik no longer being the only human diluting all the hey-let's-read-deeply-into-simple-shit symbolism that might've been there before; the only human you ever saw was a fat-cat-esque captain of science and industry wanting to industrialize the entire world and put nature in chains, with Sonic being a conservationist/Luddite/people's hero animal out to protect his fellow flora and fauna yadda yadda yadda...

Sonic owns a plane. His best friend is a genius inventor who- even in the classic games- created gadgets to help in his adventures (Tails Adventure for example). These characters are not Luddites, nor are they anti-science or anti-technology in the least. They never have been.

Eggman isn't evil because he uses technology and science (After all, the heroes do too to varying extents), he's evil because he wants to take over the world. There's no nature-versus-science subtext there; And if there was supposed to be, a mixed message was sent since the heroes use technology regularly themselves.

Also, the other human in the classic games- Witchcart- was the polar opposite of Eggman, representing magic rather than science. Again, she was bad not because of her area of expertise, but because of how she used it (World domination).

I could see a nature-versus-science subtext if Sonic acted more like an animal, but he's always enjoyed the modern conveniences of "human" lifestyle just fine, and is about as "natural" as an early-90s surfer dude. He may be an animal, but from a societal standpoint, he's functionally human and no more in tune with nature than any human character is. I just cannot see this supposed portrayal of Sonic having an anti-technology message.

• Thumbs Up 1

Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic must defeat this strange new enemy, save their friends, and find out who really is behind this diabolical deed...

johnnydisappoint2.jpg

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

We may be getting a new enemy, but Eggman/Robotnik is going to be the one who is really behind it obviously.

It would be funny if the new enemy was Eggman because C.Sonic doesn't know him by those looks :lol:

We may be getting a new enemy, but Eggman/Robotnik is going to be the one who is really behind it obviously.

It would be funny if the new enemy was Eggman because C.Sonic doesn't know him by those looks :lol:

Don't be disappointed yet. Wait until they introduce the latest source of magic, then be disappointed.

But you do know who's in the picture, right?

It's the guy making the fan movie.

Does it matter? :huh:

It's the guy making the fan movie.

Does it matter? :huh:

No dude, it's SomecallmeJohnny, check out his reviews brah, they're good.

It's going to be Metal Sonic.

He's a time traveling robot.

Bent on being the real Sonic.

And soon to be the villain of Sonic 4.

It's going to be Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or the "new" villain could be an old face who's pissed we've forgotten him ala Oswald the Rabbit.

Fang the Sniper anyone?

Of course I know who he is. He's the one that helped give us breakdancing Eggman.

The man, the legend, he's Somecallmejohnny.

• Thumbs Up 1

No dude, it's SomecallmeJohnny, check out his reviews brah, they're good.

He looks like the guy making the fan movie :/..

So, he didn't like it or what?

Edit: Not sure if this was said in another interview, but I just read Iizuka saying the new enemy was a person who could control time and space. HE goes on to say that the game is about returning the color to the worlds.

De Blob anyone? trollface_emoticon.gif

Edited by MarcelloF

Edit: Not sure if this was said in another interview, but I just read Iizuka saying the new enemy was a person who could control time and space. HE goes on to say that the game is about returning the color to the worlds.

De Blob anyone? trollface_emoticon.gif

Really, SEGA, first Mario and now de Blob, can't you do anything original? >:| On a serious note, if it weren't for the fact that this were being written by the Colors writers, this is where I would start worrying...

Oh yeah it als says M.Sonic is thrown back in time after an attack. With worlds, I'm guessing Zones are meant.

Lol before I forget to post it again, here it is.

Worum konkret geht es bei Sonic Generations?

Im Spiel haben wir es mit einem mysteriösen Feind zu tun, der Zeit und Raum kontrolliert. Und er ist auch dafür verantwortlich, dass der neue, moderne Sonic nach einem Angriff zurück in die Vergangenheit geschickt wird. Hier arbeitet er mit dem alten, klassischen Sonic zusammen. Es geht im Spiel im Grunde darum, die Farbe zurück in die Welt zu bringen - und mit dabei als erste Welt ist zum Beispiel die Green Hill Zone. Wir laufen durch all dieses kultigen Level, die wir alle kennen und lieben - wir erkunden sie sowohl als klassischer als auch als moderner Sonic und machen so eine Reise durch die Geschichte des Sonic-Universums.

http://www.gamereactor.de/Artikel/5839/%22Sonic+Generations+soll+allen+gefallen%22/

I'll translate it tomorrow, but I don't have time right now. I've said the most important stuff though.

Edited by MarcelloF

This is the translation I got although it may not be too accurate depending on whether you trust the Bing Translator or not:

In the game, we have to do it with a mysterious enemy, controlled the time and space. And he is also responsible that the new, modern Sonic is sent back after an attack in the past. Here, he works with the old, classic Sonic. It enters the game in fact, back in the world to bring the colour - and with this as a first world is for example the green hill zone. We run through all this iconic levels, which we all know and love – we explore it as both a classical and modern Sonic and make such a journey through the history of the Sonic universe.

So now, it's only Sonic who gets sent back to the past. No mention of the other characters in this synopsis.

*Sigh*

This is kind like how we got conflicting reports of what Unleashed's plot was like in a way.

Edited by DragonSoul

As long as this "mysterious enemy" turns out to be Robotnik or a machine of his own creation, it's all good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

So now, it's only Sonic who gets sent back to the past. No mention of the other characters in this synopsis.
Only mentioning modern Sonic is not the same as saying only modern Sonic.

As long as this "mysterious enemy" turns out to be Robotnik or a machine of his own creation, it's all good.

Meh, they already did that in SRA, but I don't see the harm in doing it again.

As smart as Eggman is, making a robot or machine that can distort time and space seems a little un-realistic (even by Sonic standards.)

I would just wait for more info on this new enemy before speculating anything beyond the climax.

As smart as Eggman is, making a robot or machine that can distort time and space seems a little un-realistic (even by Sonic standards.)

standard_20907Sweet_Mountain_(3).jpg

lolwut

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, Chaos Emeralds.

edit: vvv It's not even a matter of the series having weird, implausible stuff; the series already has mystical objects that have the explicit ability to distort both space and time. It's just a matter of Eggman either using them or replicating their power.

Edited by Diogenes