Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Hey has a PS3 owner, that offends me :P

Hahaha! You know what I mean :P Sony and the PS family have a very 'mainstream-cool' and more adult like atmostphere than Nintendo (fun for everyone) and Microsoft (teenage boys who like explosions). I tend to prefer other approaches, which is a shame because for all the NGP has in terms good ideas and power it lacks in content for me.

Hahaha! You know what I mean :P Sony and the PS family have a very 'mainstream-cool' and more adult like atmostphere than Nintendo (fun for everyone) and Microsoft (teenage boys who like explosions). I tend to prefer other approaches, which is a shame because for all the NGP has in terms good ideas and power it lacks in content for me.

Well, the third parties will no doubt be unveiling all of their NGP titles at E3, and Sony might have some surprises, too. There's bound to be more content than what we're seeing now. Maybe you'll see something you like at E3.

Well, the third parties will no doubt be unveiling all of their NGP titles at E3, and Sony might have some surprises, too. There's bound to be more content than what we're seeing now. Maybe you'll see something you like at E3.

It's not that there's nothing I like, there's just very, very little. 3rd party titles that are of interest always show up elsewhere too, so right now there's nothing gripping.

I really want more info on Gravity Daze :D

It was my favourite looking game of the bunch and I think it could be cool. So I -hope- its there.

Hopefully, Sony and Microsoft start moving towards fun for everybody. I mean its not Nintendo can't do hardcore, and its not like Sony and Microsoft can't do fun for everyone. Sony seems to be focusing more on creativity, what with them basically making Media Molecule a first party developer and now with Sound Shapes.

I love creativity and new ideas, which is why the NGP looks very appealing to me.

I can't wait for E3, hopefully it'll pack some strong 3rd party games for the NGP, and hopefully we can see cool new things from Nintendo and the N6

Well for those who watched the Konami conference. We more or less had confirmed the following.

MGS 2/3/HD Peacewalker on your NGP.

Zoe of the enders HD collection on your NGP

All with the "Transfaring."

Not to mention the promise of Konami PS2 games on the NGP.

Well for those who watched the Konami conference. We more or less had confirmed the following.

MGS 2/3/HD Peacewalker on your NGP.

Zoe of the enders HD collection on your NGP

All with the "Transfaring."

Not to mention the promise of Konami PS2 games on the NGP.

Wait, those collections are on NGP? Huh?

/didn'twatchtheconference

The games themselves are being sold in a PS3 format, however, they said that you would be able to 'trasnfar' them to your NGP and continue playing them.

Kojima said the collections are Transfar ready, but I don't remember him saying you'll be able to Transfar the games to NGP. With them being Transfar enabled though, it does pretty much guarantee an NGP version of the collections will be announced at some point though, so you can Transfar saves.

Transfarring? :huh: Did they just make that word up..

Also, ZOE HD? Fuck yes. Now make 3, Kojima. And make it longer than 4 hours.

Edited by MarcelloF

I thought Transfarring is for PSP mainly?

That's what Mega64 were using and specifying, unless I missed something.

Edited by Carbo

I thought Transfarring is for PSP mainly?

That's what Mega64 were using and specifying, unless I missed something.

PSP was the first example, but Kojima said Transfarring will be able to work with NGP, too.

I could have sworn only Peace Walker was Transfarring enabled. Well, at least of the MGS collection.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940

From Jumping Cops To NGP – 10 Years Behind The Scenes At Bigbig Studios

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/03/from-jumping-cops-to-ngp-10-years-behind-the-scenes-at-bigbig-studios/

I could have sworn only Peace Walker was Transfarring enabled. Well, at least of the MGS collection.

The Zone of the Enders Collection was also shown to be Transfarring enabled.

Zone-of-the-Enders-HD_PS3_RP_ver0boxart_160w.jpg

You can see the little Transfarring logo on the box art.

I'm sure Kojima said his new unannounced game will also be Transfarring enabled.

Can someone please tell me what Transfarring is? D:

Basically.

Say you're playing a game on your playstation 3. And you save the game. Transfarring gives you the option to then move that save to your PSP/NGP and allow you to play the same game using the same save file picking up right were you left off.

Then once your done playing on the portable unit, simply do the reverse to put the game save/progress back into the PS3 and continue from where you left off when you stopped playing on the PSP/NGP.

Still not really interested. Uncharted is great and all, but I have a feeling that NGP will go the way of PSP. It's too close to a console, so there's no real point to develop for it.

Still not really interested. Uncharted is great and all, but I have a feeling that NGP will go the way of PSP.

You mean wildly successful with dozens of high-quality titles released for it each year? I'm sure Sony hopes that will happen as well.

It's too close to a console, so there's no real point to develop for it.

The 3DS is more powerful than the PSP is, and is likely closer to the Wii in power than the PSP was to the PS2. So I suppose that means there is no real point to develop for the 3DS either.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

Being more powerful than the previous generation of handhelds doesn't have to do with anything. I'm sorry, maybe the PSP just isn't my thing but it didn't have more than 10 interesting games in my opinion (how dare I?). The NGP will only make it worse because now there's literally no reason to not port all console titles to it. The 3DS still doesn't match PS3 and 360 in visuals, and by itself actually has some things default that consoles don't have. And before you say it: I know the NGP has a touch screen, that doesn't really make it unique considering Nintendo's been doing that for 7 years now.

Edited by Hero Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

You mean wildly successful with dozens of high-quality titles released for it each year? I'm sure Sony hopes that will happen as well.

What he said.

While it never reached OMG status like the DS did, the PSP did move quite a few units and grabbed a bit more market share than most people give it credit for (probably somewhere around 30%, which isn't too shabby considering the competition).

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the PSP just isn't my thing but it didn't have more than 10 interesting games in my opinion (how dare I?).

I once stood in a gamestation and had a look at all the PSP games that I would love to have, and all the DS games I would love to have. You know what I discovered? The numbers were more or less equal.

The only difference is that the DS' entire library is basicaly mammas big cooking adventure with pony painting, Mario (insert random word/activity here) and sequels.

The PSP hasn't done that, the bulk of the games for it are one offs, at the very most theres one sequel per psp only game on it. You could argue that in a sense the PSP has a better selection of games for it as Ubisofts arse end of development took a dump over the DS as apposed to the PSP when it comes to products which we used to call games.

The NGP will only make it worse because now there's literally no reason to not port all console titles to it.

You are joking right?

• Thumbs Up 4

The NGP will only make it worse because now there's literally no reason to not port all console titles to it.

You mean like the 3DS library being absolutely loaded with ports from this gen and last gen? Or do ports of Super IV, MGS3, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64 and Blaz Blue somehow not count as "ported console titles"?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2