Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I wonder if we'll get a Vita Lite :P

I'm warming up to the name now. It's different and sounds a lot better than the codename NGP and is more interesting than PSP 2. PSV doesn't sound bad either.

Yes, but Sony are going to call it RyVita because it's like Coke Light with zero percent phat. Fern Britton's doing a viral ad campaign for it and everything.

Ryvita_Sesame_Crispbread_250g.jpg

Sony RyVita boxart (above).

EDIT: They should have have call NGP the PlayStation Touch. Vita's original I guess.

Edited by Psychobob’s Ghost
  • Thumbs Up 2

So Vita is official then? Well dammit. Well, maybe the name just needs to grow on me like Wii had to.

What if Project Café will be named Nintendo Wiita? That would be so inconvenient. :P

One of those unannounced games is definately Super Stardust, looks like a potential sequel since the interface is much different, this makes me happy as Super Stardust is one of the best games on the PSN.

Nemain will be pleased with this news.

Now will that be a PSN or NGP release?

Edit: I have to confess, the idea of reality fighters brings a small smile to my face.

Edit 2: Urm... I've just realised I've posted in the NGP topic, I just saw the word 'Sony' in the main forum menu and assumed that it was the E3 main topic... Bloody hell, I thought those were PS3 games not NGP, just what the heck is powering this thing!? The same thing that powers a T-800!? Magic Beans!? Dilithium crystals!?

Edited by Hogfather

One of those unannounced games is definately Super Stardust, looks like a potential sequel since the interface is much different, this makes me happy as Super Stardust is one of the best games on the PSN.

Nemain will be pleased with this news.

Now will that be a PSN or NGP release?

Edit: I have to confess, the idea of reality fighters brings a small smile to my face.

Edit 2: Urm... I've just realised I've posted in the NGP topic, I just saw the word 'Sony' in the main forum menu and assumed that it was the E3 main topic... Bloody hell, I thought those were PS3 games not NGP, just what the heck is powering this thing!? The same thing that powers a T-800!? Magic Beans!? Dilithium crystals!?

Its the fabled ARM Cortex A9 Quad-Core processor (running at anywhere between 1-2GHz, though probably not the latter). It seems the legends are true, ARM use magic and witchcraft in the production of their processors :P.

I don't know what the GPU is though.

Whatever it is though, its fucking hench.

Jesus, those are handheld graphics O_O!? I mean, yeah, Resident Evil 3DS is the same, but that's because it's CAPCOM's engine. These though.......holy fuck.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss: More screens and first details

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304355/news/uncharted-golden-abyss-is-astonishing-ngp-entry/

Hustle Kings, Little Deviants, Reality Fighters and Sound Shapes: Screens and details

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304399/news/ngp-screens-hustle-kings-little-deviants-and-more/

Wipeout 2048: More screens and details, such as connectivity with Wipeout HD Fury

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304366/news/wipeout-2048-confirmed-for-ngp-first-screens/

Super Stardust Delta: More screens and details

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304383/news/super-stardust-delta-headed-to-ngp/

CVG hands-on NGP impressions

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304425/hands-on-with-ngp-first-game-screens/

• Thumbs Up 1

As amazing as some of those screens look, I'm not sure I'm as impressed as I should be. Particularly with, but not limited to, the Uncharted ones. The texture quality looks like it's lagging a bit behind the lighting effects, due to either genuinely dodgy textures, poor filtering techniques or simply because they're early shots. It's especially an issue with the most realistic look things, again like Uncharted. Still looks bloody amazing though. I hope it's worth buying at launch.

As amazing as some of those screens look, I'm not sure I'm as impressed as I should be. Particularly with, but not limited to, the Uncharted ones. The texture quality looks like it's lagging a bit behind the lighting effects, due to either genuinely dodgy textures, poor filtering techniques or simply because they're early shots. It's especially an issue with the most realistic look things, again like Uncharted. Still looks bloody amazing though. I hope it's worth buying at launch.

Hey its powerful, but its not a gaming PC.

I'm sure it could do the full works of a PS3 game, but it has to maintain a semblance of a decent framerate. Besides, those graphics will be seen on a much smaller screen, because of the PSV's realtively high pixel density, so the texture and filtring problems won't look nearly as bad as they do on those large screenshots.

EU PS Blog feature

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/uncharted-golden-abyss-wipeout-2048-little-deviants-and-more-ngp-games-officially-unveiled/

WipEout 2048 and Hustle Kings will feature cross-platform online play with their respective PS3 games Wipeout HD Fury and whatever the PS3 Hustle Kings game is (don't know what it is, sorry ^_^). Cross-platform play is awesome. I hope more games will get this feature.

Here's the video interviews from the PS Blog feature:

Little Deviants developer interview

WipEout 2048 developer interview

Uncharted: Golden Abyss developer interview

Nice!

Sound pretty good to me. Its actually pushing me towards actually getting one.

Oh boy, 2012/2013 is going to hurt my wallet a lot.

People say that handhelds like the NGP don't work cause they offer experiences exactly like the Consoles only on a small screen. But there are plenty of "Quick-Play" games that are so awsome because of use of powerful technology that would work even better on a Handheld, example: Daytime Unleashed type stages, most racing games,physics puzzle games,some arcade games etc.

So IMO that's what they should focus on, games that make use for powerfull technology, but make use of it to create games that would be shallow for a long time on a Console, but good on a Handheld. Or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

People say that handhelds like the NGP don't work cause they offer experiences exactly like the Consoles only on a small screen. But there are plenty of "Quick-Play" games that are so awsome because of use of powerful technology that would work even better on a Handheld, example: Daytime Unleashed type stages, most racing games,physics puzzle games,some arcade games etc.

So IMO that's what they should focus on, games that make use for powerfull technology, but make use of it to create games that would be shallow for a long time on a Console, but good on a Handheld. Or something like that.

That is the identity crisis the PSP never really got over. The AAA games for the console (stuff like GOW, KH:BBS and Valkyria Chronicles 2) don’t even try to be handheld games. They are ridiculous experiences not too dissimilar from what you would expect from a console game. While they can be played in handheld esc spurts, the devs were more interested in putting a great game on the market, rather than a fun mobile title. There is a difference between the two. While I do not knock the decision, I can see why some people will be disgruntled with such an ideology.

I believe that the successes of apps and “mini” games of the last few years will be the force that actually bridge the gap for Sony. The games that have been put out for the PSP have been good, and I see no reason to change that strategy when you have an emerging service that can cover that ground for you.

God, the comments on the IGN articles are hideous. It seems that they've completely forgotten that the NGP is supposed to have Android Market compatability.

Half of them are saying the 3DS is better, the other half are saying nothing but Uncharted looks good and that they want to see more from CoD and Killzone.

Facepalm.png

EDIT:

Also Sound Shapes is definately the new IP I've been waiting to see from either of the big 3. I mean it actually sounds like something that would sell the system. Its by far and away the most unique launch (or at least I hope) title I've seen in a long time.

If ever Sony needed a killer app, now is the time for one, and this looks to be just the thing. Shame it won't get much attention from the "hardcore" market, but it looks really goddamn fun.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

In case anyone missed my edit to my last post:

Future 3D-enabled NGP: 'Never-say-never' - Yoshida

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304493/news/future-3d-enabled-ngp-never-say-never-yoshida/

WipEout 2048 gameplay footage

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/02/wipeout-your-ps3-opponents-on-ngp/

Uncharted : Golden Abyss gameplay footage

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/02/ngp-previews-let%E2%80%99s-talk-games-starting-with-uncharted/

Sound Shapes gameplay footage

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/02/ngp-introducing-sound-shapes/

Sound Shapes looks amazing. I love the gameplay creativity. I'm definitely going to pick that game up when I get an NGP. I'm shocked to hear it's been in the works for 4 years, too :o

I have to say that with titles like LittleBigPlanet, Mod Nation Racers, and Sound Shapes it really looks like Sony is the new Nintendo in terms of creativity. I can't wait to pick up my NGP. It's really looking like I may like this better than the 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to say that with titles like LittleBigPlanet, Mod Nation Racers, and Sound Shapes it really looks like Sony is the new Nintendo in terms of creativity. I can't wait to pick up my NGP. It's really looking like I may like this better than the 3DS.

It's a very different sort of creativity. Sony seems to prefer making new IPs that are more mature than Nintendo's and more original (and numerous :P) than Microsoft's. From the shitacular start that the PS3 had and the woefulness of the PSP they're really turning things around with their new image. Not my cup of tea at all, but it's interesting to look at. I'm only not more interested in the NGP because it's a Sony product. As in, Sony strikes for a different market to the one I associate with.

But yeah, that footage of Uncharted does look pretty impressive.

As in, Sony strikes for a different market to the one I associate with.

Hey has a PS3 owner, that offends me :P

• Thumbs Up 1