Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

That CVG article about Uncharted NGP being made by Sony's Bend Studio instead of Naughty Dog also says Resistance NGP won't be made by Insomniac, but by Nihilistic Software, who are the guys behind upcoming PS3 title PlayStation Move Heroes.

PSP2/NGP matching the 3DS' price?

If they do that, chances are they'll blow the 3DS out of the water. That is if they reveal a bigger library of games after a while, which if they do then the demand will be good news for Sony. And even if they don't, they'll still likely be a decent seller.

I really wanna see how the software battle turns out. I could easily imagine 2 or 3 of the big name "launch tittles" for the 3DS slipping back a bit toward the end of the year to give the PSP2 a bit of competition. If we get a launch window for Sony's new toy in a reasonable amount of time, then I think we will see some real shuffling of the 3DS lineup.

The PSP2 launch will certainly be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

If the have CoD at launch, then there will be quite the large sales figures. Not immense, due to the price, but large nonetheless.

Whether or not you like the CoD series, it would be wise for Sony to have such a game available for launch.

Is this "perfect oval" shape also go on for the back of the console as well (as in, it's rounded)? If so then my interests have lowered for this console. I'd rather it be sleek and flat like the PSP1. I have enough problems with the rounded back and edges of my iPhone 3GS. :\

Is this "perfect oval" shape also go on for the back of the console as well (as in, it's rounded)? If so then my interests have lowered for this console. I'd rather it be sleek and flat like the PSP1. I have enough problems with the rounded back and edges of my iPhone 3GS. :\

No its flat. You can't have a curved touch-pad. There are just little notches where you can grip with your fingers

Okay, good. Also, how is this touch pad even supposed to work? You can't see what you're doing with it, so why is it there? =V

Pff, I dunno really. It seems to be there for developers. They can use it in any way they want. Example, touching the left and right side can activate an L2 and R2 "button" respectively.

It allows touch features to work without obscuring the screen, seeing as its mapped directly behind the front screen and is the exact same size.

Edited by Scar

Okay, good. Also, how is this touch pad even supposed to work? You can't see what you're doing with it, so why is it there? =V

Perhaps it could work along with an on screen cursor?

I think it's a decent idea. you'd be able to touch stuff without having your hands in front of the screen, which would work for some cool stuff, I get.

Just going to say that I highly doubt Sony would even attempt to match the 3DS' price with the NGP. They pulled out all the stops on this thing, so they're never going to break even if they do that.

Blog claims NGP plays PS3 games remotely

http://www.videogamer.com/news/blog_claims_ngp_plays_ps3_games_remotely.html

List of features from the GAME employee's blog that they claim to have been told by a Sony rep:

• Dual thumb-stick controls
  • You can use it as a controller for your PS3
  • If you are connected to Wi-Fi anywhere in the world and your PS3 is on standby at home, you can play the game in your PS3 on your NGP without the disk
  • To zoom in and out you use your fingers on the back of the console to stretch to zoom; like you would on the iPhone.
  • LED screen for HD gaming in your hand

GAME employee's blog:

http://www.everyonecallsmekitty.co.uk/2011/01/28/psp-ngp/

If you are connected to Wi-Fi anywhere in the world and your PS3 is on standby at home, you can play the game in your PS3 on your NGP without the disk

This is brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 2

Quirky stuff like this:

It can double as extra buttons to simulate L2/R2 functions as already mentioned.

...aaaaand think about those wacky japanese games where you will be able to "interact" with schoolgirls from two sides AT THE SAME TIME.

• Thumbs Up 5

...aaaaand think about those wacky japanese games where you will be able to "interact" with schoolgirls from two sides AT THE SAME TIME.
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Thumbs Up 2

If you are connected to Wi-Fi anywhere in the world and your PS3 is on standby at home, you can play the game in your PS3 on your NGP without the disk

Edited by Azukara

This is not to attack you in any way at all Shadz, but the Nintendo DS has sold 135 million units since it's launch. Not impressed Sony, I'm not even mad, these are just facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_sales

In fact, back in March 2010, the Nintendo DS solidified it's spot as the top selling hand held console of all time, impressive if you ask me, so I don't find it doing Sony justice that they are boasting on selling 64 million systems.

-Iceman

This is looking like a buy to me, can play PS3 games, improved model, extreme looking graphics. YES this looks ace. Hopefully it'll be around 200 something in price... cause paying over that for a handheld seems extreme. :/ Tho people are buying ipads for whatever reason instead of actual laptops these days.

This is not to attack you in any way at all Shadz, but the Nintendo DS has sold 135 million units since it's launch. Not impressed Sony, I'm not even mad, these are just facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_sales

In fact, back in March 2010, the Nintendo DS solidified it's spot as the top selling hand held console of all time, impressive if you ask me, so I don't find it doing Sony justice that they are boasting on selling 64 million systems.

-Iceman

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, Nintendo had unprecedented success with their DS line but if that's gotta be the line to impress people I guess every console/portable except the PS2 fucked up badly.

Hell, how many systems still haven't touched the 64 million mark? Here's five that you might recognize: PS3, 360, Genesis/MD, SNES, NES.

The goddamn NES. Let that sink in for a minute.

• Thumbs Up 3

You aren't taking the entire situation into account. Yes, the DS outsold the PSP 2 to 1. It still sold 65 million units without being a Nintendo handheld, against heavy (and cheaper) competition.

You know what other handheld sold 65 million units?

175px-Gameboy.jpg

Only the market conditions that the original Game Boy was in make that number far less impressive. And it had a lot longer to do it.

The PSP came into the market much more expensive, with poorer battery life and a much worse public perception than its competitor. And despite all that, it managed to carve away a considerable portion of Nintendo's market share.

And by the way, despite what it appears to be, I am not actually here on the forum. It is only your imaginations.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don't remember seeing this posted before, but here's the full NGP press conference in high quality from Sony themselves in 5 parts on YouTube with a translator:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/286226/news/entire-psp2-reveal-in-1080p-video/

Full screen the videos, since they use widescreen and the sides are cut off in their embedded form at CVG.