Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Full screen the videos, since they use widescreen and the sides are cut off in their embedded form at CVG.

Let us now arrange a reasonable time for an SSMB mock the con!

Non-cam version of the games trailer shown at the conference:

Non-cam version of the features trailer:

Non-cam version of the games trailer shown at the conference:

WANT, PLZ!

If the NGP pumps out the games, I'll surely get one... well I'm getting one anyway, but still, I like what I've seen so far of it. I'm even liking the looks of the golf game... maybe I'm just a Sony fanboy deep down inside who also owns consoles from other companies. :huh:

Edited by Silencer226

I guess I'm warming up to the NGP. Gravity Daze looks cool. It's the only game I would want to get right now. Reality Fighters looks like a game I'd like to play, but not ever get. I didnt know about the touch pad on the back before so I guess that's cool, too, though. I'm also warming up to the design..

Still, I still think the 3DS is more interesting, but I might get this when it's cheaper or I have the money.

This is turning out to look pretty good. Hopefully it's not several hundred dollars, if it's not I might get it. 3DS first, still, if only because I know what I can expect to get (mario, zelda, possibly metroid, kirby, sonic) more than this. It's certainly looking better than the PSP.

I'm that much closer to getting this console now.. however, I'm not seeing any reason for me to get it if there's no games I would play. Sure, Reality Fighters looks like a slightly interesting title, but I don't see anything I'd like. Now if they release a new Sonic for it, then I'm sold, but otherwise I'm iffy on this. =\

Video interview with Kaz Hirai about NGP:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/02/kaz-hirai-on-the-ngp/

I'm that much closer to getting this console now.. however, I'm not seeing any reason for me to get it if there's no games I would play. Sure, Reality Fighters looks like a slightly interesting title, but I don't see anything I'd like. Now if they release a new Sonic for it, then I'm sold, but otherwise I'm iffy on this. =\

• 1 month later...

Though, I doubt the design is 100% finalised (probably 75-80% done, I reckon) I really like its aesthetics. It looks really sleek and smooth.

Though, its not certain, I'm pretty sure chipset prices for the Cortex A9 will drop a fair amount by Christmas, and may even get slightly smaller. Which means we could potentially get a slimmer design with better battery life.

Here's hoping.

Edited by Scar

Holy shit...

This thing is slowly making EVERYTHING look pathetic.

Joystiq has some videos... bloody hell are they worth watching. Remember when critics said "What use is the rear touchscreen when you can't see it" yeah... looks like they didn't know what they were talking about when you watch video 1 in the link at the end.

Video 2 shows off the augmented reality feature of the device. Now what they do is hold the NGP in front of a playstation 3 game. The NGP recognises the character on the PS3 box and it comes alive and walks around the NGP screen, if the player or someone else moves the PS3 box then the character on the NGP also moves with it and reacts in turn... ok so we had that with Eye of Judgement so what?

Well... does anyone remember the old PS2 demo called 'dinosaur?' The one with the 3D dinosaur that you could move and manipulate... well they brought it back... all of it... the entire dinosaur... lifesize! They show the NGP a piece of paper on the ground, the NGP then builds the dionosaur just like it did with the PS3 package... but theres one extra tick... he then moves the NGP so the camera is no longer facing the paper, and the dinosaur is not only still there, but he can change perspective on and it's not missing any parts and still fits in with the environment.

You need to watch that video. Just watch it for goodness sake it looks fantastic.

The final video shows Uncharted portable (no confirmed title yet). It shows you how the NGP can use all the controls and functionality to play games. The anologue, the touchscreen, the rear touchscreen and even the camera can be used to navigate the characters and it's not as fiddly as critics made out when they announced the thing, it looks smooth and it works. Just wait until you see how they intergrate the camera and the melle combat. Very impressive.

Link of epic candy

• Thumbs Up 2

The success of the NGP will ride entirely on how much it costs at this point.

I don't think the quality of the hardware was ever in doubt.

Any price near the 3DS may rake in more sales than they expected I predict.

Any more expensive, it may tither slightly behind.

• Thumbs Up 1

They stole the idea from Nintendo, just do it much cooler.

....How exactly did they steal the idea from Nintendo?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

....How exactly did they steal the idea from Nintendo?

If you remember, Nintendo 3DS were cards, so they are more like it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

They stole the idea from Nintendo, just do it much cooler.

Augmented reality has been around for ages. Besides, Sony has been doing it for years with the camera accessories for PS3 and PSP with Eye of Judgement, Invizimals and Eye Pet. Microsoft's Kinect is also capable of augmented reality.

Augmented reality has been around for ages. Besides, Sony has been doing it for years with the cameras on PS3 and PSP with Eye of Judgement, Invizimals and Eye Pet. Microsoft's Kinect is also capable of augmented reality.

Exactly. Forgot about this thing, thanks.

Vserovno as would not talk about Nintendo 3DS, Sony NGP looks much stronger and more interesting.

In all seriousness though, yes, this is a blatant copy,

No further questions your honor.

• Thumbs Up 2

No further questions your honor.

Exactly, and as I said, PSP has done it too.

THIS IS A NEW FEATURE THOUGH! A HANDHELD HAS NEVER HAD AR!

In all seriousness though, yes, this is a blatant copy, but I think it's done better.

Augmented reality has been around for ages. Besides, Sony has been doing it for years with the camera accessories for PS3 and PSP with Eye of Judgement, Invizimals and Eye Pet. Microsoft's Kinect is also capable of augmented reality.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still waiting on the price announcements before I move past "total disinterest".

• 1 month later...

2011 launch confirmed for the U.S.

Sony Computer Entertainment America 'reconfirmed' a 2011 launch at a recent analyst day.

Sony's PSP successor, codenamed the NGP, will launch in the US this year, Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed at a recent analyst day.

US investment firm Lazard Capital Markets revealed the info inside a report on the upcoming handheld.

"A 2011 launch for NGP was reconfirmed, although we expect pricing will be unveiled around the E3 conference," read a statement from Lazard Capital Markets.

"We remain somewhat concerned that an initially high price point could limit the market opportunity for NGP, since Sony continues to balance profitability goals with unit sales."

The platform holder wasn't clear on worldwide launch specifics.

Earlier online reports pointed to a November 11 launch, but this is yet to be confirmed by Sony.

Via MCV

http://www.videogamer.com/news/2011_us_ngp_launch_confirmed.html