Awoo.

What forgotten Sonic characters should be brought back

BlueBlur360

He's so dense. "Look at me I'm the big buff idiot! Hoo Ha!" He's so damn gullible that it's not even funny. It's sad. Also, I've always wondered why he broke his own Master Emerald into pieces. Why would anyone do that? Plus him having a Dan Green voice over makes me hate him ever more. At first Knuckles sounded rather distinct, now he sounds like everyone else Dan Green ever did. So yeah. I hate Knuckles. I have for a while and I know I'm not alone.

But I agree with your second statement there. Metal Knuckles would be a good idea for a Knuckles only game. Otherwise... no. Just no.

Your hatred for the organic counterpart clouds your view of the potential his better than Sonic's metallic counterpart has.

This reminds me. There needs to be a Metal Sonic/Metal Knuckles tag team battle at some point.

He's so dense. "Look at me I'm the big buff idiot! Hoo Ha!" He's so damn gullible that it's not even funny. It's sad. Also, I've always wondered why he broke his own Master Emerald into pieces. Why would anyone do that? Plus him having a Dan Green voice over makes me hate him ever more. At first Knuckles sounded rather distinct, now he sounds like everyone else Dan Green ever did. So yeah. I hate Knuckles. I have for a while and I know I'm not alone.

Right. Ya know because he should just let Eggman the most powerful known object in his world, I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Something ten times worse than the ARK disaster and the Dark Gaia awakening combined? And better portrayed than the Flames of Disaster?

Eh, nothing too major. Totally worth a possible global catastrophe. :lol:

EDIT: Wait, Eboni hates Knuckles? Someone get me mah Spartan Laser!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Why? Well...

As far as being a gullible hotheaded doof, most people, even (maybe especially) his fans are going to agree. But most see that as something that's happened as time passed, and something that needs to be fixed, not a reason to outright hate him.

I laughed at the video. Touche. But I always thought it would make more sense to punch Eggman and not the Emerald. But then again who knows it just might make Eggman's little aircraft crash which could result in the emerald breaking anyway.

I don't see why this isn't a reason for character dislike/hatred. I don't like ANYTHING about his personality! Granted I'll never hate Knuckles as much as I hate Big or those stupid Alien-Bird-Genies, but what I see is enough for me to hate him. But I like his levels. Treasure hunting is fun.

I don't see why this isn't a reason for character dislike/hatred.

It's because he's awesome, that's why. :P

While that awesomeness may come at a price, he's awesome regardless.

¬_¬ I see what you did there! Lol

I just have this to say: BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!

Bean is awesome beyond belief! The comics did really well with his personality which wasn't really captured in Sonic the Fighters so yes BEAN!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

you understood a joke!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

you understood a joke!

No need to be rude.

Any-dang-ways, about Knuckles. His mannerisms really depend on the writer, and yes, he seems to have developed from hyper compitent and serious to a bumbling moron. The new writers they've gotten for Sonic Colors, I think can do Knuckles some good and make him not as stupid, but still funny.

Also, bring back Bean.

Knuckles is awesome because he's a goddamn martial arts expert with super strength and more 'tude than Sonic can even hope to keep up with. He kicks your ass and then asks questions later..

Actually, scratch that. He just kicks your ass. Then he grumbles about you having wasted his time.

He's knocked the Emeralds out of a speeding Super Sonic in a single blow and gone toe to toe with a Master Emerald super charged Mecha Sonic and won with little to no effort. These two occurrences are in his first game appearance even.

His loyalty and unwavering sense of duty are unmatched by any other character in the entire series. His bloodline is tied to the root of the series mythology. I mean, come on. You want the next big Sonic game to have a good/interesting story? Your best bet is to have it focus on this motherfucker.

While his gullibility may have become a rather annoying quirk, it (at least initially) made perfect sense given his background as a loner with little to no contact with the outside world. Fucking hell, I should not even have to explain this.

Knuckles is awesome and is easily one of the best characters we have in the series to date. Whatev' man. Haters gonna hate.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles is awesome because he's a goddamn martial arts expert with super strength and more 'tude than Sonic can even hope to keep up with. He kicks your ass and then asks questions later..

Actually, scratch that. He just kicks your ass. Then he grumbles about you having wasted his time.

He's knocked the Emeralds out of a speeding Super Sonic in a single blow and gone toe to toe with a Master Emerald super charged Mecha Sonic and won with little to no effort. These two occurrences are in his first game appearance even.

His loyalty and unwavering sense of duty are unmatched by any other character in the entire series. His bloodline is tied to the root of the series mythology. I mean, come on. You want the next big Sonic game to have a good/interesting story? Your best bet is to have it focus on this motherfucker.

While his gullibility may have become a rather annoying quirk, it (at least initially) made perfect sense given his background as a loner with little to no contact with the outside world. Fucking hell, I should not even have to explain this.

Knuckles is awesome and is easily one of the best characters we have in the series to date. Whatev' man. Haters gonna hate.

. If they scrapped him like some of the other scrapped characters I'd be a happy camper. However, that day ain't coming. Even I know that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze is a way better character than Knuckles could ever be. To me she's like Knuckles with some damn common sense. Who has more of a sense of duty than her anyway? Surely not the dimwit Knuckles who has been leaving his precious little stone to go on little adventures with Sonic.

HERE WE GO AGAIN

Tails gets a free pass, but Knuckles? Oh dear.

Poor guy just gets trampled on by people because of his 'obligation to protect the Master Emerald' and apparent 'shoehorning'. As if shoehorning the Master Emerald into the plot just so he'll have a 'reason' to appear isn't just as bad if not worse. I still don't get this logic, but it's littered all over these forums.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of the Master Emerald being this bullshit catch 22 for Knuckles appearances. Why do people always ignore the fact that the if the Master Emerald is always used as a plot device that it'll be stale as fuck?

If they scrapped him like some of the other scrapped characters I'd be a happy camper.

You have to have an unbelievably ridiculous amount of animosity (to the point where it's laughable) if you really think that scrapping a character that's been a mainstay for the better part of 15 years is a good idea.

Edited by Chooch

About the Master Emerald: I hear people complaining all the time about how Knuckles should be protecting the Master Emerald instead of doing stuff with Sonic. Well guess what my friends? HE IS. Ever stop to think that maybe Knux realized that if the world was destroyed, the Master Emerald would mean NOTHING? With that in mind, it's actually Sonic who has been protecting the Master Emerald since he's the one who keeps saving the world. Our favorite echidna doesn't like Sonic showing him up, so he goes out to save the world in order to keep his island safe.

I think Knuckles is at a solid 6 on my fave character list. I'm not gonna hate on people for hating him though.

I AM however gonna hate on haters for hating his metallic counterpart. Then again, a lot of those same people also hate Metal Sonic, so I suppose I'll sic the decepticons on them let it pass because they're just robot haters in general.

Sure was a lot of hatred in this post.

About the Master Emerald: I hear people complaining all the time about how Knuckles should be protecting the Master Emerald instead of doing stuff with Sonic. Well guess what my friends? HE IS. Ever stop to think that maybe Knux realized that if the world was destroyed, the Master Emerald would mean NOTHING?
Except this doesn't really work unless it's actually brought up.

With that in mind, it's actually Sonic who has been protecting the Master Emerald since he's the one who keeps saving the world.
And this is part of the reason why. In some vague roundabout way, everyone fighting Eggman/a giant monster is "protecting the Master Emerald", since they're potential threats to it. But Knuckles, being its guardian, should be going above and beyond this, even if it's just saying, "yeah, I'm doing this to protect my emerald and my island specifically".

I mean, don't get me wrong. You'll never find me saying they should chain him to the emerald, because that's stupid. But what they're doing now isn't working either.

Except this doesn't really work unless it's actually brought up.

I would prefer off-screen exposition leading to my assumption than cheesy dialogue indicating that I am correct. "Shouldn't you be guarding the Master Emerald Knuckles?" "I'm gonna save the world AND the Master Emerald by taking down Eggman!" Booooooooooooooo...

And this is part of the reason why. In some vague roundabout way, everyone fighting Eggman/a giant monster is "protecting the Master Emerald", since they're potential threats to it. But Knuckles, being its guardian, should be going above and beyond this, even if it's just saying, "yeah, I'm doing this to protect my emerald and my island specifically".

I mean, don't get me wrong. You'll never find me saying they should chain him to the emerald, because that's stupid. But what they're doing now isn't working either.

I can see that point, but I personally disagree with it. I think they should just make a game about Knuckles to clear everything up, because I've been fine with all his appearances in the latest Sonic games. Especially since they tend to revolve around not only saving the world, but also gathering the Chaos Emeralds, which have a direct link to the Master Emerald.

I would prefer off-screen exposition leading to my assumption than cheesy dialogue indicating that I am correct. "Shouldn't you be guarding the Master Emerald Knuckles?" "I'm gonna save the world AND the Master Emerald by taking down Eggman!" Booooooooooooooo...

I don't see how it would need to be handled in a particularly "cheesy" way, or even how the example you gave is all that cheesy anyway. This is Knuckles, after all: he's a bit of a large ham anyway, so making big speeches suits him just fine, and plainly stating his objectives to others is very in-character for him. Just have the character who asks him be someone who hasn't seen him in a while in order to justify the question being asked at all and there shouldn't be a problem. It's not like giving a one-sentence explanation is going to seriously interfere with the pacing of whatever scene it appears in.

Agh, again? Can't it just be assumed that Knuckles has other plans for the Emerald when he's out like that? I like to imagine Knuckles lets the Chaotix watch it. For shiny Echidna gold. Speaking of the Chaotix, I want them to appear in another game. They seemed set to cameo in Chronicles 2, but you know. Canceled.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agh, again? Can't it just be assumed that Knuckles has other plans for the Emerald when he's out like that?
No, because no matter what possible explanations we propose, none of them are true until they come up in the games (or some related material).

No, because no matter what possible explanations we propose, none of them are true until they come up in the games (or some related material).

So even if it makes perfect sense, it doesn't matter unless Sega says so? Oh, and I'm guessing once Sega says so, you'll rip them a new one because you don't like their explanation, right? >_<

@Dabnikz: Chronicles 2 was canceled? I'll be honest, I haven't been following Sonic news until just recently. Care to enlighten me? =[