Awoo.

What forgotten Sonic characters should be brought back

BlueBlur360

There has been a few Sonic characters that have never been in a game since the 90s. Like Mighty, Fang, Ray, Bark, Bean etc. but I have for a while been thinking they should bring some of them back.

Here are the charcters that I think they should bring back and why.

Mighty the Armidillo: because for one reason he was the strongest in the Team Chaotix group and the fact that they brought back the Chaotix but they forgot to bring him back. Even though SEGA didn't make Mighty and hired someone to create another character for Knuckles Chaotix who soon left SEGA and took Mighty with him SEGA really should find that guy and ask permission for them to use Mighty.

Fang the Sniper: because ever since Triple Trouble SEGA has put him in a good amount of games like Triple Trouble, Fighters, and Drift 2. He even made in apperance in Sonic Adventure ( when you go ontop of tails workshop and press A and B ) so I think SEGA should either give Fang an apperance in anew game or just bring him back permintly.

Edited by BlueBlur360
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think Fang the Sniper has the most character development out of all the others, and I do believe there are many ways they can make him fit into the modern Sonic universe. A redesign would do him some good, and I like how he's a legitimate bad guy aside from Eggman and Metal Sonic. He should be a recurring villain in the series.

Fang vs Nack? How about his birth name be Nack the Weasel, while his bounty hunter name or something be Fang the Sniper, like a moniker. (Like Robotnik to Eggman, Fang would be his nickname)

It bothers me however that people think of him as the same personality as Rouge the Bat, making his inclusion an obsolete one. Not so! Rouge is a government spy (and part time thief) while Fang on the other hand is a bounty hunter. These aren't the same occupations. Fang is a hired handyman for money who does less time sleuthing and more time sniping.

Although they should do something about that firearm. Perhaps make it into a more sci-fi and kid-friendly stun gun, or a laser shot? I think that'd fit nicely. He also has that Marvelous Queen bike which would plug right into the Riders series, and that bouncy tail of his is pretty neat.

I want to see Fang come back sometime, but I'm not banking on that.

I think Fang the Sniper has the most character development out of all the others, and I do believe there are many ways they can make him fit into the modern Sonic universe. A redesign would do him some good, and I like how he's a legitimate bad guy aside from Eggman and Metal Sonic. He should be a recurring villain in the series.

Fang vs Nack? How about his birth name be Nack the Weasel, while his bounty hunter name or something be Fang the Sniper, like a moniker. (Like Robotnik to Eggman, Fang would be his nickname)

It bothers me however that people think of him as the same personality as Rouge the Bat, making his inclusion an obsolete one. Not so! Rouge is a government spy (and part time thief) while Fang on the other hand is a bounty hunter. These aren't the same occupations. Fang is a hired handyman for money who does less time sleuthing and more time sniping.

Although they should do something about that firearm. Perhaps make it into a more sci-fi and kid-friendly stun gun, or a laser shot? I think that'd fit nicely. He also has that Marvelous Queen bike which would plug right into the Riders series, and that bouncy tail of his is pretty neat.

I want to see Fang come back sometime, but I'm not banking on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mighty the Armidillo: because for one reason he was the strongest in the Team Chaotix group

Despite his name, Mighty wasn't actually super strong. He's actually more like Sonic than anything. Given that he's edited directly from Sonic, and all.

They didn't "forget". Heroes used 3-man teams, and Espio was a more interesting speed character and Vector a more interesting power character (and Mighty damn sure can't fly). No room on the team, no reason to bring him back.

This isn't even true.

What?

• Thumbs Up 1

He even made in apperance in Sonic Adventure ( when you go ontop of tails workshop and press A and B )
Edited by LimeTH

I think that Fang has the most potential of the lost characters. I like the way he was used in Triple Trouble, and it could be interesting if he appears again.

Also, this is the first time I've heard of him making a cameo in Sonic Adventure. Are you sure that's real?

• Thumbs Up 1

The games never showed it well, but Mighty IS a power type. The thing that indicates it most other than his name and the fact that one of the manuals outright says so, is his voice in SegaSonic the Hedgehog. It's the typical Japanese "strong man" voice.

Also to answer the OP, Mighty and Fang are ok, but only one character really matters here:

METAL GOD DAMN KNUCKLES

EDIT: Mighty doesn't have any textures in SA1, so you and your friend are bullslaggin'

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 2

Also I didn't know that rumor of Mighty's creator wasn't true ( rumors I always fall for them :angry: )

Mighty was actually created at the same time as Sonic was. His design was a finalist for the character of Sonic while the first game was in development, and Sega went with the Sonic design instead.

Of course it's real I saw my friend do the cameo apperance right in from of me ( My reaction was this A-BUWAHHH )

I'm more than entirely sure this is a lie.

Also don't bring Mighty or Fack the Wasniper. Mighty is a recolor and Fack is just I don't even know how anyone got much characterization out of him from the games.

EDIT: Metal Knuckles would be the bomb-snazza-diggity yo. Best Metal character. Metal Sonic can go get fucked for all I care. MK has fucking sword hands.

Also his abbreviation is MK which is pretty tight dawg.

Edited by Galaxy Man

Fang is pretty cool. And I'm gonna call him Nack. Nack is pretty cool. He had the same amount of characterization as Knuckles did back in the day. Known things about Nack. He's a bounty hunter. He's got several bounty hunting vehicles and guns. He always beats Sonic to the emerald and lays in ambush. But he fails a lot.

Of course it's real I saw my friend do the cameo apperance right in from of me ( My reaction was this A-BUWAHHH )
So what is it, then, if you remember it so vividly?

Anyway, Mighty-bashing aside, here's who I'd like to see back:

Fang. Honestly, he's probably one of the most unique characters the series has ever produced, and I'm with Indigo about him sharing very little with Rouge. He's got an interesting set of abilities, and it'd be nice to see a character that sticks to the bad guy side of the scale besides Eggman. I see him as the bumbling miniboss sort of character; not really a major player in the events, but someone who shows up to give the heroes a hard time.

Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll (or maybe a robot Tails as his replacement?). Along with more appearances by Metal Sonic, of course. While the whole Sonic-Tails-Knuckles trio is overplayed to the point of abuse, and bringing back these guys pretty much requires it to work...well, it's a pretty damn good reason for it. Even if it's just a one-shot reappearance, it'd be nice to pit Team Sonic against their metallic counterparts.

Bean and Bark. Even though there's no official connection between the two (in the games, anyway), it's hard not to take them as a package deal, and I imagine they'd work pretty well that way. From what I've read of the Archie Sonic versions, that's pretty close to how I'd expect them to work, though not as extreme, and I'm not really sure about them as bad guys.

Big: Yeah, he's not quite from the same time period as the rest, and I'm not really sure if he's actually gone yet...but he should show up more, anyway.

Another thing to mention about Mighty's rights, (and I don't know how this works in Japan) but in America at least, when you are working for a company and design a character for said company, that character's rights do not belong to you. Mighty is SEGA's Intellectual Property, and his rights are right where they've always been. He hasn't been used for whatever reason SEGA has decided.

Another thing to mention about Mighty's rights, (and I don't know how this works in Japan) but in America at least, when you are working for a company and design a character for said company, that character's rights do not belong to you. Mighty is SEGA's Intellectual Property, and his rights are right where they've always been. He hasn't been used for whatever reason SEGA has decided.

I figured I'll point this out, but there are exceptions to that. However, Mighty is not one of them.

Edited by Tornado

Seeing how the comics are doing it, why not bring Fang, Bark, and Bean as a team? I mean they even could correspond to the triple threat.

Sonic=Fang

Knuckles=Bark

Tails=Bean

They would make an awesome "Quirky Mini-boss Squad" hired by Eggman.

Edited by Shadic93

Actually they ARE using him, but just not in the games. It also seems he just recently got a semi official modern design.

Where was that, and what does it mean to be semi-official? Ooh, I know he came second on that Facebook poll last year.

To be honest? All of them. *raises flame shield*

I think the Sonic universe is incredibly deep and that there would be room for everyone if people would just stop bitching. They all have characters that I'm sure they could get along with, and at this point we know how the main cast reacts to one another. Time to mix it up a bit. We know how everyone thinks of Big...but what would happen if two big lugs such as Bark and Big were to meet? Maybe the ninja chameleon we all know and love could find some competition with Fang the Sniper. What would happen if a reckless duck with a bunch of bombs were to meet the younger characters? I always imagined Bean as being someone who would try to show off, but hasn't really harnessed his skills enough to show off effectively. Etc etc. We know how Shadow reacts to Rouge and Omega, we know how Team Chaotix interacts with each other (though we have yet to hear why Mighty has been absent) and so on and so forth...so it's time to throw new characters in the mix...but I think we should pull from the old list instead of creating more crap like Silver.

Edited by SSBA51

Honestly, Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper is really the only character I would like to see back because of sheer potential alone.

I haven't really seen much of his character in any other media outside of the comics, but really, the whole bounty hunter vibe he has going on for him would really make for a dynamic character. He's more of the Anti-villian variety, he'll help out the heroes if the price is right but is more willing to side with the bad guys than anyone else as opposed to the Anti-heroe who is likely more ambiguous while being more inclined to heroics than villiany.

Bean could be an interesting revival. I mean he's a bomb throwing duck, the only thing that comes close to that to my knownledge are the Looney Toon characters such as Daffy Duck who make a habit of using dangerous weapons to get a job done. Add some ax craziness to it and you have a bonafide, and insane, loon who will really fuck shit up. :P

Bark. Oh god, Bark.

In the game canon, Fang uses a cork gun anyway.

I still don't understand the Nack/ Fang change, really. Changing 'the Sniper' to 'the Weasel' I can see, but why Fang to Nack?