Awoo.

"Mediocre" Sonic games being de-listed

DistantJ

It still baffles me that anyone thought it was a good idea to name a character Shade when there was already a Shadow in the main cast.

Chronicles was the kind of game that would've been very easy to improve on in a sequel, so I'm a little annoyed that that isn't going to happen, but it's not really a big deal to me. I do hope we get another Sonic RPG sometime in the future, though, preferably with a little more effort put into it and a little less Archie copypasta.

Y'know, I actually don't think that'd be a bad place to start... you'd obviously want to do something different with the art style and the combat, but the basic idea of a 2.5D RPG with light platforming elements would suit Sonic just as well as Mario. If a game like that could capture just a fraction of the charm and fun of the Paper Mario series, I'd be willing to immediately overlook any suspicious similarities.

Hell, why take risks? Just get Intelligent Systems or Alpha Dream to develop the damned game.

I honestly wouldn't like to think of a Sonic RPG or anything risky like that right now considering the franchise has been getting crap titles since 1998(Earlier, if you count 3D blast, but i found that to be pretty damn average). The franchise needs time to heal itself, and one or two games wont do that in a flash.

I honestly wouldn't like to think of a Sonic RPG or anything risky like that right now considering the franchise has been getting crap titles since 1998(Earlier, if you count 3D blast, but i found that to be pretty damn average). The franchise needs time to heal itself, and one or two games wont do that in a flash.

Correction. Do you know why Sonic 4(For the most part), and Sonic Colors are deemed as good, because there isn't anything dragging it down into the GATES OF HELL, I mean(And I hate to be redundant) No Swords, No Werehogs, No overly contrived plot, No annoying princesses, No Cursing, No more Wangst, and No Characters you're forced to play as.\

If they made a Sonic RPG without any of the above, I'm pretty sure it would be good. Actually an RPG can be a good way to include most of the cast considering they typically revolve around player parties, its just that Chronicles is really overlooked.

Correction. Do you know why Sonic 4(For the most part), and Sonic Colors are deemed as good, because there isn't anything dragging it down into the GATES OF HELL, I mean(And I hate to be redundant) No Swords, No Werehogs, No overly contrived plot, No annoying princesses, No Cursing, No more Wangst, and No Characters you're forced to play as.\

If they made a Sonic RPG without any of the above, I'm pretty sure it would be good. Actually an RPG can be a good way to include most of the cast considering they typically revolve around player parties, its just that Chronicles is really overlooked.

Overlooked? Honestly, after hearing the music and playing through this horribly easy and shot game, I think it's safe to say that it isn't overlooked at all, a Mario and Luigi style Sonic game might be alright, but like I said, Sega shouldn't do any Sonic games that could be considered a "huge gimmick" for awhile.

Overlooked? Honestly, after hearing the music and playing through this horribly easy and shot game, I think it's safe to say that it isn't overlooked at all, a Mario and Luigi style Sonic game might be alright, but like I said, Sega shouldn't do any Sonic games that could be considered a "huge gimmick" for awhile.

You could very easily call hoverboards or crossovers with Mario to be "huge gimmicks", but neither of those are really a problem because they don't affect the main series of platformers in any way. An RPG would be the same way; as long as it's obviously not supposed to be a platformer, very few people would complain.