Awoo.

Sonic Fan Remix

Kiberbot

I'm late to the party, but I heard about this through Game Informer and it seems they were late to the party too. 'This is awesome' is the first thing that comes to mind. It's especially awesome for a fan game. The first time I saw it I thought it was something official simply because the graphics were so pretty. I honestly loved everything about it, which is rare for me since I can find issue (very little, mind you) with even it's source material. The gameplay was solid too, in my opinion. I think that's what impressed me so much; it has everything I'd want in a platformer in the form of a free fangame which is cool on multiple levels.

After I played it through I did a few runs for screenshots at 1920x1080 res with maxed out graphics, saved in PNG format for quality. I'll post a download link in case anyone wants them for anything (they make nice desktop backgrounds). 29 screens including the title and Act titles:

http://www.zshare.net/download/842454877ee3c485/

Edited by Matt

True, that. Only Sonic 3 or not, there's only so much I can care about levels I've played countless times before except with fancy new graphics.

And like I said in my last post, with all due respect to the creators and not trying to say I could do better, but the one original stage in the demo was fairly unimpressive.

This this this!

It's like they were trying too hard to be "better" than Sonic 4. Sonic 4 (Xbox) might not have fancy graphics but it's faster and better than Fan Remix. Also, I want to point out that many bash Sonic 4 for repeating bosses and stages from Sonic 1,2 and 3 but Sonic Fan Remix gets a pat on the back and they did the same thing! It's gotta be the graphics. Sorry. :-/

Edited by Flower-Pwr
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This this this!

It's like they were trying too hard to be "better" than Sonic 4. Sonic 4 (Xbox) might not have fancy graphics but it's faster and better than Fan Remix. Also, I want to point out that many bash Sonic 4 for repeating bosses and stages from Sonic 1,2 and 3 but Sonic Fan Remix gets a pat on the back and they did the same thing! It's gotta be the graphics. Sorry. :-/

Sonic Fan Remix. Pelikan was working on this before S4 was announced, and it's a mere fan project that's not complete.

It's like they were trying too hard to be "better" than Sonic 4.

No, they were just trying to remake Sonic 2. It's completely coincidental that their game is leagues ahead of Sonic 4.

Sonic 4 (Xbox) might not have fancy graphics but it's faster and better than Fan Remix.

Again, I assume you like Sonic 4 more than Sonic 2? This is basically a prettier version of Sonic 2 with more levels and other slight changes. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I want to point out that many bash Sonic 4 for repeating bosses and stages from Sonic 1,2 and 3 but Sonic Fan Remix gets a pat on the back and they did the same thing!

No, it's because Sonic 4 calls itself a sequel while it's been stated time and again that this is a remake of Sonic 2.

It's gotta be the graphics. Sorry. :-/

It's expectations. What do you expect to have more new content? A remake, or a sequel?

Enough of the Sonic 4 comparisons. I had specifically forbidden this in my first post, because and it clogs up the topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...