Awoo.

SPOnG Preview

Dreadknux

Attention - the anti-gravity toilets on this level are out of order. We are sorry for this inconvenience, and hope that you can hold it for the next 20,000 light years.

I lol'd SO freakin' hard when I read that! This is my absolute favorite quote from the game now!

Can't wait to read (or hear) more of these hilarious quotes!

This...

I'm speechless...

This game....

Awesome_crying.png

*Wants to high five every single person who made this possible*

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whenever I hear the lyric "the colours feel so right" in the theme song now, I proclaim in response:

"Yes. Yes they do".

*wipes away a tear*

• Thumbs Up 2

This game sounds AWESOME!!! Don't want to repeat the sonic cycle but this is really shaping up to be one of the best sonic games and definitely the funniest and best written. It looks like the 4th wall will be taking another hit from Sonic...maybe it'll even collapse

Edited by FamilyGAMEGuy8

2 page positive preview from Meristation, posted the 17th Sept:

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_avances.php?pic=WII&id=cw4c9152d29820f&idj=cw4bfd40dde1f1f&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=0

There's a bit about the story:

New faces and old acquaintances

After a million and a half of failure, our dear enemy Dr. Eggman decides that his new work is a giant interstellar amusement park. However, obviously, not everything was going to be easy and enjoyable when the mad scientist is involved, as it is using a special beam that is attracting a number of planets around so that, together, make up the part of attractions and with them, creatures called Wisps. One of these beings, who possess a special energy and Eggman intends to use to provide free life to its creation, does slip away and escape from his prison to get Sonic and inform him of the situation. Yack, as it is called the Wisp, and will join Sonic and Tails to stop Eggman and free the captured Wisp.

Next stop, the Sweet Mountain. Enjoying our candy paradise is the perfect way to celebrate your next birthday. Or to avoid reaching it.

I believe Orbot is the same voice as in Unleashed.

Scratch that, just saw this again. Sounds nothing like this Orbot. A bit more... upper class in Colours.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's one recurring voice actor I won't mind. Never mind. I'd have still been cool with it though.

This kinda makes me look forward to Free Riders though. God, I wanna hear the new Shadow/Rouge/Silver/Rogues.

Edited by Aquaslash

Next stop, the Sweet Mountain. Enjoying our candy paradise is the perfect way to celebrate your next birthday. Or to avoid reaching it.

Oh Dread, you made my day with that.

That is hilarious

Chris Collet as Orbot again? But he's the voice director of 4Kids! Independent voice acting isn't really his thing - he just happened to provide the voice for a minor character in Sonic World Adventure. It would be wee odd to see him showing up again, considering they've got the new voice acting direction going on now. Not to mention it might be a tad awkward for him to voice under the supervision of another voice director of a new team. Hrm...

I believe Orbot is the same voice as in Unleashed.

Scratch that, just saw this again. Sounds nothing like this Orbot. A bit more... upper class in Colours.

Upper class? As in, gentlemanly? Orbot with a gentlemanly voice?!

Best. Game. Ever.

Edited by HunterTSF

One of these beings possess a special energy and Eggman intends to use it to provide free life to its creation, but it slips away and escapes from his prison to get Sonic and inform him of the situation.

Fixed.

Also:Mega_Man_X.gif

I cant be the only one who thought this. :P

The thing was this was one of the plans I know was speculated. Using Wisp to harness their powers to bring life to one of his "Ultimate Creations". I don't know the creation or what purpose, but besides the Amusement Park he's likely holding Wisps hostage to use their powers to fuel his machines and likely some uber machine.

Eggman's scheme details are still a little sketchy, like how Sonic Robots go into all of this and what his ultimate goal really is. Could be interesting or predictable, but we'll see.

Dreadknux, I'd like very much to read an Orbot or Cubot quote, pretty pleeeeease. Of course, you said that we'd just get one more Eggman quote or two, so I'm probably out of luck.

But it is nice to hear that Orbot's going to be an upper-class gentleman and Cubot's going to be some sort of cowboy. =P

You'd like an Orbot quote eh? Not really much to choose from if I'm being honest (not that he says anything boring or bad, but his quotes work better in a context rather than on its own). I guess I'll be cryptic and use;

I think that's the wrong chip... At least he's much more exotic now.

By the way - http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/sonic-colours - Sonic Colours TSS page now live. Obviously, more info to be added over the next day or so from my experiences. Site's been going slow all day for me, so that's all you're getting for now. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

So Catterkiller, Chomper, Jawz, Motobug, Burrobot, Spiny, Crabmeat, and Buzzbomber are all returning as well as themed Egg Pawns?

Awesome, can't wait to see more.

CATERKILLAR (where's the one chick that always used to say that?)

I was unaware we knew of an entire FIVE zones for this game.

Return of the badniks is cool, but it's not enough to put me on the hype train like everyone else yet.

Little tidbits being revealed in the site. :o

Starlight Carnival: ‘Marching Band’ – will be bouncing around with a trumpet. Blows the trumpet in Sonic’s face with a little tune to attack.

*Comes with a pic*

Aquatic Park

Badniks: Chomper, Jawz, Caterkiller, Crabmeat

<3

• Thumbs Up 1

Can we expect a cutscene to to be posted? One that features a nice bit of dialogue from most characters? How about at least in mp3 form? So it won't be much of a spoiler, we'll just picture the scene in our heads. :) You could do what I did and just splice together a non-spoiler sentence from each character, hell you might as well use the quotes you mentioned!

Edit: OH, and I saw that you posted that Burrobot is in Tropical Resort, what about Grounder?

Edited by Hero of Legend

Can we expect a cutscene to to be posted? One that features a nice bit of dialogue from most characters? How about at least in mp3 form? So it won't be much of a spoiler, we'll just picture the scene in our heads. :) You could do what I did and just splice together a non-spoiler sentence from each character, hell you might as well use the quotes you mentioned!

I second this. I think it'd tide me over more than the quotes (though the quotes are appreciated)

I'll think about it. ;) There's a reason I'm not at the moment though, and it's a bit of an obvious one.

For now, sleepytime. Might have another quote in the morning. The preview'll definitely be live by then, stick around for it. :)

That may be pushing it since I know SEGA likes to keep it's cutscenes to itself. Like when the opening was leaked for Unleashed. Though for all I know they're free to do whatever they want with the build.

While that would be extremely awesome not sure how much we can ask of Dread, though I thank him for all he's doing for us.

EDIT: Oh, night Dread. Thanks for all the infos, I can say I have learned a lot about Colors today thanks to you and am anticipating it more. ALSO, sometime want to see if you can answer that quote Iizuka said about it being better than the classics. Huh-huh? ;D

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

Dread mentioned something in one of his earlier posts about SPOnG deals and SEGA approvals, so I think posting cutscenes may be out of bounds.

Honestly, I just wanted a clear voice clip of Sonic and Tails, and for that, an mp3 would suffice. If it's too much trouble, then forget I even asked. :)

Honestly, I just wanted a clear voice clip of Sonic and Tails, and for that, an mp3 would suffice. If it's too much trouble, then forget I even asked. :)

If I recall correctly he was going for permissions to post some gameplay videos so we might be able to hear them yet. You can hear Tails in hint bubbles I know at least.

And excited to see the beefy preview tomorrow (or later today in my timezone?) I'll still say Dread has helped a lot bring small but interesting tidbits to the table. It also makes the next two months of waiting more difficult but it seems it'll be worth it.

You'd like an Orbot quote eh? Not really much to choose from if I'm being honest (not that he says anything boring or bad, but his quotes work better in a context rather than on its own). I guess I'll be cryptic and use;

By the way - http://www.sonicstad...s/sonic-colours - Sonic Colours TSS page now live. Obviously, more info to be added over the next day or so from my experiences. Site's been going slow all day for me, so that's all you're getting for now. ;)

An Unleashed reference? :D:D:D:D:D