Awoo.

SPOnG Preview

Dreadknux

I like the addition of dog in the background of that picture. :3

Yeah, sorry about that - it's out of my hands. Editorial decision innit. Also means TSS won't get updated as much as planned because of the conflict in us getting the jump on my workplace. But still, nice something to wake up to, eh? :)

So they're doing this super-ultra-hyper-combo-finish preview on one of the two days I actually go to school. Brilliant; But at least I have something to look forward to tomorrow. <3

Nevertheless, the description of the Blue Wisp is interesting-- Hardly what I was expecting out of it, although I'm wondering how the gimmick is performed or if there's a secondary function to it. Not to necessarily bring up those arguments, but Iizuka did promise an element of speed with each Wisp in the game, did he not? Could be him putting his foot in his mouth again-- There's a reason the wheel is round and not square.

So they're doing this super-ultra-hyper-combo-finish preview on one of the two days I actually go to school. Brilliant; But at least I have something to look forward to tomorrow. <3

Nevertheless, the description of the Blue Wisp is interesting-- Hardly what I was expecting out of it, although I'm wondering how the gimmick is performed or if there's a secondary function to it. Not to necessarily bring up those arguments, but Iizuka did promise an element of speed with each Wisp in the game, did he not? Could be him putting his foot in his mouth again-- There's a reason the wheel is round and not square.

Strangely I don't remember him saying element of speed but element of platforming with every Wisp power. Though we know the Blue Wisp slams down on enemies quickly and when it lands he immediately turns back into Sonic, so it's not slow. It's other feature is switch around blue platforms and rings so it turns Rings into platforms and platforms into Rings.

I'd love for Sonic to be smushed up against the TV screen during a fight, and maybe say something to us while he's stuck there.

Sonic: Soooo...how are you enjoying the game?

Edited by Gamer18
  • Thumbs Up 1

What did you think of the VAing Dread? I know it's a pretty silly question to ask considering all the other info but i thought i'd do so regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

What did you think of the VAing Dread? I know it's a pretty silly question to ask considering all the other info but i thought i'd do so regardless.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot he got to hear Sonic's new voice more than most of us. And he got to play this game for 20 hours. Lucky guy.

Edited by MarcelloF

It's good. It's very, very good. Anyone complaining about having the past actors come back - any of them - after hearing these new ones are deaf. Simple as that.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's good. It's very, very good. Anyone complaining about having the past actors come back - any of them - after hearing these new ones are deaf. Simple as that.

Wow that's much more positive than I was expecting. Guess that means Sonic doesn't sound like he does at Alton Towers.

Now that's what I wanted to hear!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered the era of Sonic's rebirth. Good games, good voice acting, good everything. It'll give us plenty of reasons to CHECK OUT THE CONSOLES, at any rate (because there'll be so much good Sonic stuff on them!).

I hope.

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1

We've found your -- er... your keys! That's it, we've found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only wish to return your keys!

“Experience has taught me to investigate anything that glows.” – Sonic, Sonic Colours

Yep, this is most definitely the same people who wrote Madworld. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of a Sonic game with good writing, but going by these quotes alone it seems as if my awful memories of Sonic 06 will stop haunting me.

Great to hear such a positive comment on the voice actors Dread :D

Btw, has anyone spotted any of the other previews going around that Dread mentioned earlier. I know he said they're not as deep as his own, but I wouldn't mind reading them regardless. I've checked a number of sites, but I can't find any.

Alrighty, good to know. Does RCG sound similar to how he did at Alton Towers? Or has it changed slightly?

*total VA whore*

Great to hear such a positive comment on the voice actors Dread :D

Btw, has anyone spotted any of the other previews going around that Dread mentioned earlier. I know he said they're not as deep as his own, but I wouldn't mind reading them regardless. I've checked a number of sites, but I can't find any.

I actually think I found one but it's in German so I translated and is actually impressions of 4, Free riders, and Colors. In other words I don't think it's the same type of deal but it is a new preview none the less.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurogamer.de%2Farticles%2F2010-09-20-sonic-4-and-sonic-colours-vorschau

There's one on NowGamer, if you're interested. Can't remember the link.

Rog' sounds like he does at Alton Towers, but a bit deeper and bit less 'extreeeeeeem'. Basically, he's found himself in this role. Of course, any good actor would sound like crap if given poor directing too, so there's also that to consider RE: Alton Towers.

Since you all like quotes so much, I'll throw one or two more your way while-u-wait. These are all Eggman Tannoy Announcements btw, I'm not really going to give anything majorly cutscene-y away. Unless I change my mind, of course.

Please don't be concerned by any screaming aliens. The screams are how they communicate. Really. I promise.
  • Thumbs Up 2

There's one on NowGamer, if you're interested. Can't remember the link.

Rog' sounds like he does at Alton Towers, but a bit deeper and bit less 'extreeeeeeem'. Basically, he's found himself in this role. Of course, any good actor would sound like crap if given poor directing too, so there's also that to consider RE: Alton Towers.

Since you all like quotes so much, I'll throw one or two more your way while-u-wait. These are all Eggman Tannoy Announcements btw, I'm not really going to give anything majorly cutscene-y away. Unless I change my mind, of course.

I found it Dread =)

http://wii.nowgamer....75/sonic-colors

Not read it yet so I'm going to now =)

Edited by Shaddix

Ohohohoho! Oh man, just about every line of speech we've heard from this game is pure comedy gold! Nice to see more of Eggman's hilarious side this time around. The "sounds like Alton Towers" tidbit regarding Sonic's voice is a tad unsettling to me, but if you say it's awesome then I'm totally awwright with that.

One question for you, Dread. Do Egg Pawns emit those lovable inaudible garbled robotic voices that they had in Heroes? And do they still make their iconic "clackety-clack" noise when they walk?! They have new feet after all... and I will be quite depressed if they were to make something akin to a "clickety-click" or a "snippity-snap" (or a yakkity-yak [don't talk back]) noise now instead. These are need to know things, I tells ya!

Edited by HunterTSF

I haven't been close enough to tell if they still have the garble, but they still clackety-clack. They have a bit more personality now I feel - they kind of do this crazed waddle when running towards you. :3

I particularly like the themed Egg Pawns in each world. You'll have noticed them; in Tropical Resort they're holding 'Welcome' banner and do courteous bows. If Sonic gets too close, they get aggressive and try to bat you with the sign. If you leave them alone they're complete pacifists.

You get ones with guns (cartoony nerf-like plasma shots, not like ShadowTH Glock 9mm) too. They're not fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, every quote I've seen so far is full of win. Best writing in a Sonic game ever? I think so.

So that's good gameplay, good design, good voice acting, good writing... *insert ongoing list of good things here*

Attention - the anti-gravity toilets on this level are out of order. We are sorry for this inconvenience, and hope that you can hold it for the next 20,000 light years.

Sigh. There must be traffic or something hitting TSS - having a hard time getting anything done round the back here.

Sigh. There must be traffic or something hitting TSS - having a hard time getting anything done round the back here.

Doesn't surprise me, we have been A LOT busier these past couple of weeks.

We've even attracted these sorts:

Sonic Fan 1: "FIRST!!"

Sonic Fan 2: "SECOND"

Sonic Fan 3: "FIRST COMMENT"

Sonic Fan 3: "DAMN!"

I've found one in French: link

Nothing new, except it says that there should be at least 7 levels, and that the first level has 7 acts, however some acts are very short and can be completed under 30 seconds.

Any comments on the supposed announcer? The Japanese trailer pretty much confirmed it wasn't Sonic himself shouting the Wisp powers.

Super excited about your very positive comments about the voices in the game! :D

Is your copy the final build? Is it still running at 30 frames? It was at E3, but someone oddly thought it ran in 60 just by watching a YouTube video (wat), I guess it felt more fluid?

How was Orbot's voice if you heard it? I don't recall the Unleashed voice being from 4Kids, so I wonder if they got him back. Who knows.

Edited by Hero of Legend

How was Orbot's voice if you heard it? I don't recall the Unleashed voice being from 4Kids, so I wonder if they got him back. Who knows.

Oui, I am curious about that one too. I don't mean to rag you about it Dread but did Orbot keep his Unleashed voice or did they change it with the rest of the VAs? If you can't or are busy with other things and can't answer that's just fine, just curious since I loved Orbot in Unleashed (much to AAUK's surprise).

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper