Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

Holy shit, I NEED to buy an album by these guys. Someone seriously needs to do a megamix (no pun intended)of The Megas version, brentalfloss's version, Duane and Brando's version and Okkusenman.

Hahahaha yes. Ever since I discovered how Galaxy Monkey was used in the game (aside from in the mini-game), my respect for the song skyrocketed. I love the whole soundtrack, but I am especially partial toward Sushi Temple, TV Tower, and Crumbling Castle.

In case you're interested, earlier this year, Terada himself released a CD soundtrack for the game under his label, titled Ape Escape Originape Soundtracks. That's right, an official release for the game, I couldn't believe it when I found it. I recommend seeking it because it's pretty kick-ass: all of the songs in the album have been re-arranged (some benefit from this, while others suffer) and reordered, so the emphasis is on flow between songs. I hear some people claim that it's a soundtrack for the PSP version of Ape Escape, but as far as I've seen most of the songs were completely redone for this album.

Also, if you dig Soichi Terada in general, he's done music for some other Ape Escape games (bar the second), the Japanese version of Fantavision, and he has his own electronic group known as OMODAKA with an emphasis on chiptune-style music -

Anyway, I'm listening to Ape Escape 3's soundtrack, also done by Terada. It's pretty good, though considerably more anime-influenced and pop-peppy than AE1's breakbeat style, so perhaps not nearly as memorable. But it has this beauty of a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWmKGnUYc0

1:06 to 1:54 is great and wonderful. It's my ultimate dream to one day meet this guy (perhaps during one of his OMODAKA performances?) and just start gushing to him about how much I love his game music, much to his subsequent discomfort. And get his autograph on my copy of Ape Escape.

HOLY CRAP, I love the soundtrack of Ape Escape 1! Hands down, one of the best ever, and I was just listening to it myself... the upbeat, techno feel just was unmatched at the time of it's release, and the soundtrack helped make the game. I was so relieved that Ape Escape 3's soundtrack followed suit, since Ape Escape 2's soundtrack was just painfully lacking. The flow of the melody, magic and passion of the song-writing... it was gone. It had some catchy tunes, but not nearly to the same extent as Ape Escape 1. Am I alone in thinking that?

And man, a remastering of the original games soundtrack...? How the hell did I miss that?! Wish I could at least hear some samples, or something... I'd almost definitely pick it up if I could.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

This makes me want Half Life 3 even more.

HOLY CRAP, I love the soundtrack of Ape Escape 1! Hands down, one of the best ever, and I was just listening to it myself... the upbeat, techno feel just was unmatched at the time of it's release, and the soundtrack helped make the game. I was so relieved that Ape Escape 3's soundtrack followed suit, since Ape Escape 2's soundtrack was just painfully lacking. The flow of the melody, magic and passion of the song-writing... it was gone. It had some catchy tunes, but not nearly to the same extent as Ape Escape 1. Am I alone in thinking that?

And man, a remastering of the original games soundtrack...? How the hell did I miss that?! Wish I could at least hear some samples, or something... I'd almost definitely pick it up if I could.

Nope. I don't recall enjoying many songs from AE2, really (and some of them such as the credits music just drive me insane). It's by an entirely different composer, so they brought Terada back for the third game, thank goodness.

Glad to see more people liking Ape Escape's music as much as I do. The soundtrack is nothing short of genius, and it provided me an affinity for DNB music. If you want the remastered soundtrack by the way, let me know and I can PM you a link. It's overall a pretty awesome experience and definitely deserves a few listens, and I actually prefer some of the songs on this album over the originals. There doesn't seem to be any clips on YouTube, though.

^ Very nice =D

cSKZu.png

I'm jamming to the new Adelitas Way album I just downloaded and I really love this album it's so great :D

I need a fat girrrl

(fat girl tonight)

I need a fat a very very fat girl

(fat girl tonight)

I'm in the moooood girl

(I'm in the mood)

I need some food some food

(I need some food)

I'm feeling ruuuuude girl

(I'm feeling rude)

Edited by Dabnikz

I'm flabbergasted how practically every piece of music Capcom games have translate so well to the Genesis soundfont. Especially this.