Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

Right now, Sonic fans are complaining about Sonic Generations

Right now, Valve is delaying Half-Life 2: Episode 3

Right now, Harold Camping is pissed off that he was wrong about the Rapture

Right now, I feel like drinking some Crystal Pepsi.

"What are these people running from? They're not! They're running to the world's toughest elimination challenge!"

God I miss MXC....... :(

I'm blazing through Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed's music. It's highly intriguing, as songs from the original Ape Escape dominate the soundtrack, but they're mostly re-imaginings than they are remixes (for example,

to Coral Cave). The finely tuned listener can also spot numerous samplings of songs, such as particular drum beats or techno rifts, throughout P&P's music as well. Compare the
with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3k3yKWkTrk, as the use of percussion toward the middle is practically lifted verbatim. Because I always have morning wood for Soichi Terada's music, it's just as fun spotting similarities between the two soundtracks as it is listening to them.

None of you have probably ever heard of this band, but trust me, they're awesome. =p I especially love the way this song starts.

You guys should look up CandyRat Records, if you haven't heard of them already, They're home to some of the most insanely brilliant musicians out there.

Ewan Dobson is a personal favourite of mine:

Plus he has a Raiden hat. DOUBLE WIN

Gonna drop this classic in here

As well as this cover by Skindred

One of my favourite songs ever, both versions included. I could listen to it for hours, in fact I have been today :P

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_P3xLb2slc

^ The best remix ever written - you should check it out, download it, listen to it every day, burn it to a CD-R and then make a shrine for it.

Honestly, it is quite simply just too awesome for any further description - the author is nothing less than an absolute genius, I'll tell you that much. Just check it out. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm blazing through Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed's music. It's highly intriguing, as songs from the original Ape Escape dominate the soundtrack, but they're mostly re-imaginings than they are remixes (for example,

to Coral Cave). The finely tuned listener can also spot numerous samplings of songs, such as particular drum beats or techno rifts, throughout P&P's music as well. Compare the
with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3k3yKWkTrk, as the use of percussion toward the middle is practically lifted verbatim. Because I always have morning wood for Soichi Terada's music, it's just as fun spotting similarities between the two soundtracks as it is listening to them.

I'm glad that you posted this man. I'd forgotten how good Ape Escape's soundtrack was. Coral Cave and

were my favorite tracks. Edited by Light
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad that you posted this man. I'd forgotten how good Ape Escape's soundtrack was. Coral Cave and

were my favorite tracks.

Hahahaha yes. Ever since I discovered how Galaxy Monkey was used in the game (aside from in the mini-game), my respect for the song skyrocketed. I love the whole soundtrack, but I am especially partial toward Sushi Temple, TV Tower, and Crumbling Castle.

In case you're interested, earlier this year, Terada himself released a CD soundtrack for the game under his label, titled Ape Escape Originape Soundtracks. That's right, an official release for the game, I couldn't believe it when I found it. I recommend seeking it because it's pretty kick-ass: all of the songs in the album have been re-arranged (some benefit from this, while others suffer) and reordered, so the emphasis is on flow between songs. I hear some people claim that it's a soundtrack for the PSP version of Ape Escape, but as far as I've seen most of the songs were completely redone for this album.

Also, if you dig Soichi Terada in general, he's done music for some other Ape Escape games (bar the second), the Japanese version of Fantavision, and he has his own electronic group known as OMODAKA with an emphasis on chiptune-style music -

Anyway, I'm listening to Ape Escape 3's soundtrack, also done by Terada. It's pretty good, though considerably more anime-influenced and pop-peppy than AE1's breakbeat style, so perhaps not nearly as memorable. But it has this beauty of a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWmKGnUYc0

1:06 to 1:54 is great and wonderful. It's my ultimate dream to one day meet this guy (perhaps during one of his OMODAKA performances?) and just start gushing to him about how much I love his game music, much to his subsequent discomfort. And get his autograph on my copy of Ape Escape.

Whether people loved or hated Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, one thing the comes to agreement is that almost everyone loves the final boss song with Elder Princess Shroob. Well, for those who haven't heard it here's the original. The composer is Yoko Shimomura. (Who made music for the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Super Mario RPG, Parasite Eve, Xenoblade and so much more.) This lady knows her stuff, people! When I first heard this, it was like a left hook. Mario games always had good music, but this was still unexpected. (And it came out before Super Mario Galaxy.)

Now is that one I'm listening to now...? Nope.avi! I'm listening to the EPIC remix made by CelestialSticker. This person did an fantastic job on this. I can't just explain it, you have to listen to it!

Edited by YoshiUnity: The Gun Pony

Shimomura did an incredible job on the Mario & Luigi trilogy. I prefer the stuff she did for Super Mario RPG though (Smithy's second phase, oh baby please), and Yuka Tsujiyoko is my favorite composer for the Mario series.

As for Partners in Time, the songs for Thwomp Caverns and the Koopaseum are legendary, as well as the normal boss theme. I need to find a better game rip for this, because the quality of the one I have isn't exactly through the roof.

"Gentleman, you shall alway remember this as the day that you ALMOST caught......Captain Jack Sparrow"

A WINNER IS YOU! Press button B to select A world.