Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

I've been listening to Elton John ever since I got home from school. He's pretty amazing, to be honest.

Probably a bit of a cliche choice when it comes to his music, but god I love this song.

Radiohead is a pretty great band, honestly, and this is a pretty great song with a pretty great music video. I still stick with lyric videos, though, because I'm a filthy hipster.

I've been repeating my favorite Beatles song for the past 30 minutes.

I really love the sitar in this song <3 It's like candy for my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_gBiO2qNfo

Japanese Sonic X is underrated darnit. It's so rare to see such a beautiful song in a Sonic related media.

I can't help but feel a bit irritated when I hear this song because it seems to be one of the only ones people think of when it comes to this band when they have such a great catalog of music to choose from, but that doesn't keep it from being an absolute gem nonetheless.

I'm listening to the scores of several Transformers films. Say what you will about the quality of the movies but I believe Steve Jablonsky did a great job on the music.

Can someone help me with this: This piece at 0:00-0:17 sounds so freaking familiar and it's going to kill me if I don't know it.

This.

But because Neku and some other TWEWY characters were in KH3D, I listened to this too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just going to relax today, because the next couple of days are going to be pretty busy. For once, I'm going to listen to happy music. Yay me :D

Anyway, this song just feels good for the soul. I really do love this band, and this is the best song they have to offer, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just listened to Dark Pit's remixed theme from Smash.

Me like.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sparkling Shore, Aka Title Screen of Sonic Reborn(renamed to Sonic Regenesis) from Soniceque III

I couldn't get into anything these guys released after their debut album, but "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" was pure gold.

• Thumbs Up 1

I couldn't get into anything these guys released after their debut album, but "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" was pure gold.

I love "Fever", in fact it's my second favorite Panic! album, but you really couldn't get into any of Panic!'s other albums? Personally, "Pretty. Odd." is my favorite album of theirs. It's just a musical marvel. I mean, yeah, it's very Beatles-esque (and I'm not a fan of the Beatles personally), but it's just so good. It's more mature than "Fever", as well as a little less cluttered, and Brendon Urie really comes into his own as a vocalist; even though he was decent in "Fever", he becomes legit great in PO. Seriously, listen to songs like "I Have Friends in Holy Spaces", "She Had the World", and... well, every other song on the album (except "Behind the Sea" since Ryan Ross is the lead on that song). Even outside of the vocals, the backing instrumentals are superb; they literally take my breath away. Songs like "Behind the Sea" (mostly at the end though), "Mad as Rabbits", and my favorite song on the album, "From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins":

LISTEN TO THAT FUCKING PIANO AND HOW IT COMPLIMENTS BRENDON'S VOICE PERFECTLY. IT'S LIKE SEX FOR MY EARS. SO FUCKING GOOD.

Ahem

But yeah, I love Pretty. Odd. Though, I guess I understand why more people don't like it. It's such a departure from Panic!'s normal stuff, even counting the stuff they did after this. But that's one of the things I love about Panic!: each album is a different sound. And while not quite as good as Pretty. Odd., Vices and Virtues is another great album of theirs; it's pretty much a similar sound as "Fever", just with the maturity and restraint shown in PO. Their latest album is also good, with plenty of gems like this, though it's not as good as the previous three. But whatever, I can't wait to see their next album (and by their, I mean Brendon since everyone else left ;-;  )

(Panic!'s my favorite band if you couldn't tell I love them so much omg their so good holy shit)

Oh and here's another song for the road:

my fave Panic! song <3

Edited by Elizabeth
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently listening to the Smash remix of the Comet Observatory/Library theme from Super Mario Galaxy.

Good memories....

Listening to some Stone Temple Pilots before I turn in for the night. I don't know if I can think of a better way to end the day :D