Awoo.

Planet Wisp in action

Detective Shadzter

I did not make a video, but another SpinDash staff member (Yellow) was there, took photos and videos the whole time xD

So we have to wait for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

- the new Sweet Mountain Act introduces the green wisp, the hovercraft wisp. (We also got some videos, we'll upload them soon)

- the green wisp changes Sonic's form to a green Kirby with spikes, sonic heroes-shiny effect included!

- when Sonic is in hovercraft mode, he can use the light dash to grab some ring-chains

- Quick Step, Stomp and Wall Jump are standart abilitys in all levels

I've got three questions for you, if you don't mind. First, other then ring chains what else does changing into the hovercraft provide you with? Second, when you say quick step is a standard ability do you mean we can use it whenever and wherever we want in levels? I got the impression from seeing it in videos that the quick step was only available when an icon appeared and was area specific in this game. Third, are you sure that the Sweet Mountain act you played wasn't either of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZTD9IHgic&feature=related

If you can confirm it wasn't either of these levels then we know some zones have more then two acts. Thanks!

• Sonic News

We already confirmed zones will have more then two acts back at E3. Iizuka said there will be several acts.

I've got three questions for you, if you don't mind. First, other then ring chains what else does changing into the hovercraft provide you with? Second, when you say quick step is a standard ability do you mean we can use it whenever and wherever we want in levels? I got the impression from seeing it in videos that the quick step was only available when an icon appeared and was area specific in this game. Third, are you sure that the Sweet Mountain act you played wasn't either of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZTD9IHgic&feature=related

If you can confirm it wasn't either of these levels then we know some zones have more then two acts. Thanks!

Okay after seeing those vids I can confirm it was Act 2. I didn't play Sweet Mountain Zone when I was at SoS10.

The Part where you can use the green wisp is when you slide under the obstacle (0:44min). In the video theres an emtpy space, but in the new demo theres the green wisp and a questionmark-Sign (the ones from Unleashed, fully localized by the way) which describes how to use it.

When using the green wisp, Sonic is pretty slow, and the ring chain leeds you back to the place where you have to slide.

Out of all the known wisps, the green one is the least fun to use.

And quick step is available only when the icon appeares.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 Okay after seeing those vids I can confirm it was Act 2.

2 When using the green wisp, Sonic is pretty slow, and the ring chain leeds you back to the place where you have to slide.

3 And quick step is available only when the icon appeares.

1 Bummer

2 Bigger bummer

3 Biggest bummer

Thanks for answering me though!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I saw the colors of the cheers:

GOOD!

GREAT!

AWESOME!

OUTSTANDING!

AMAZING!

I think I saw the colors of the cheers:

GOOD!

GREAT!

AWESOME!

OUTSTANDING!

AMAZING!

PINGAS!

*runs*

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Green wisp sounds sort of lame, hopefully it's the least used also. I just hope the remaining wisps are as good as the first three.

Okay after seeing those vids I can confirm it was Act 2. I didn't play Sweet Mountain Zone when I was at SoS10.

The Part where you can use the green wisp is when you slide under the obstacle (0:44min). In the video theres an emtpy space, but in the new demo theres the green wisp and a questionmark-Sign (the ones from Unleashed, fully localized by the way) which describes how to use it.

When using the green wisp, Sonic is pretty slow, and the ring chain leeds you back to the place where you have to slide.

And quick step is available only when the icon appeares.

did the camera guy record all of planet zone?

how much time did he record?

the sweet mountain zone act 2 you played at games con , did it End Quickly and with a goal ring instead of a capsule?

also thanks for playing for the fan base B)

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to think of the Green Wisp, based on that description. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the prospect of giving one of Sonic's regular abilities to a Wisp, but I suppose there's probably more to it than that. Bring on the video.

I have to wonder, though... if new Wisps are unlocked in each new zone and they can be used to find new areas in previous zones, where exactly do they appear in those zones? Will they show up in preset areas? Will there be places where Wisps spawn randomly as one of several colours? Will we have to choose which Wisps we want to show up on the level select screen? Hmm.

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to think of the Green Wisp, based on that description. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the prospect of giving one of Sonic's regular abilities to a Wisp, but I suppose there's probably more to it than that. Bring on the video.

I have to wonder, though... if new Wisps are unlocked in each new zone and they can be used to find new areas in previous zones, where exactly do they appear in those zones? Will they show up in preset areas? Will there be places where Wisps spawn randomly as one of several colours? Will we have to choose which Wisps we want to show up on the level select screen? Hmm.

That I guess. And there'll probably other Wisps instead until to unlock them, or they have their own spaces.

Planet Wisp looks super awesome.

The Rocket Wisp, at first glance, looked like it would slow down things too much with its charging time for lift-off... but it actually seems pretty cool. Certainly like the skydiving bit after using it.

Hovercraft Wisp for light dash is... fine by me. It's not a game-breaking gimmick, so that's good enough in my books.

Spark's website Spindash.de has updated with a preview, here's a Google translation -

New Sonic Colours gamescom playable demo

Despite staying away SEGA's Sonic games are all playable on the ground. Can be played on the Nintendo booth in Hall 8, a new demo for Sonic Colours, present a new level and two new Wisp capabilities.

sonic_colours_18_20100802_1090134441.jpg

The new level is Planet Wisp, as you can see on the screenshot above.

It seems to be the home planet of the Wisps, where Eggman is constructing a new station because the area consists of a mix of nature and industry.

In the first act, there are many passages which the Quick Step, require a skill which is already known from Sonic Unleashed. In the second act we climbed a tower and does the ability of the red Raketenwisps to use. Sonic turns it completely in a red rocket, and then takes off. On landing, he stretches his arms and legs wide and slides gently down.

A video of the new levels is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYRVPT2RBIo&feature=player_embedded

In Sweet Mountain Zone for the first time then you could use the green Wisp, Sonic transforms into a hovercraft. Sonic looks almost exactly like a green spines and shiny with Kirby in Sonic Heroes.

The hovercraft can lift it very slowly and can be reached ring chains which can then fly along with the Light Dash.

Intro to Sonic a detailed test on the Colours gamescom and on the Summer of Sonic are here to SpinDash.de.

http://spindash.de/Sonic-Colours/Neue-Sonic-Colours-Demo-auf-gamescom-spielbar.html

The video posted is the one we've already seen.

@Shadtzer:

Uhm... I didn't write anything new at SpinDash.de. You got the news first, I just had to write the news for my german readers as well.

I just called the guys from sega-portal.de, they are still at the fair and try to film a new video with better quality, but the staff of the Nintendo booth said Sweet Mountain Zone isn't supposed to play for the public. Seems like the green wisp is a press-only thing for now, I hope we get to see videos of other online magazines with *better* quality.

@Shadtzer:

Uhm... I didn't write anything new at SpinDash.de. You got the news first, I just had to write the news for my german readers as well.

I just called the guys from sega-portal.de, they are still at the fair and try to film a new video with better quality, but the staff of the Nintendo booth said Sweet Mountain Zone isn't supposed to play for the public. Seems like the green wisp is a press-only thing for now, I hope we get to see videos of other online magazines with *better* quality.

SEGA just loves hiding things <_<

maybe because they want a correct reasoning/description for sonic transforming into a green werehog (kidding) but its optional even iizuka admitted they are being optional.

any ways when will the video from spindash be posted?

and did you record sweet mountain zone?

Edited by speedduelist

@Shadtzer:

Ok, cool. :)

You guys got a sneaky peek then? XD If certain things are restricted, you'd think they'd have someone monitoring the pod so that stuff doesn't get touched. Oh SEGA, leaks, leaks, leaks and more leaks. Will they ever stop? :lol:

Hurm. I'm not really sure what to make of the Green Wisp. I just hope that the other ones won't break the flow of the game too much...but then, the producer said multiple times that the Wisps aren't necessary to complete the game or level so...

F5ing for dat video, also.

The hovercraft can lift it very slowly and can be reached ring chains which can then fly along with the Light Dash.

So, the green wisp is basically a slower, light speed dash able version fo the red fire wisp?

No surprise it's not included in the DS version (if that's true). :unsure:

Also, I'm going to make some wishful thinking and say the green wisp (being a hovercraft) may be (hopefully) more useful in a water level...

@Shadzter

on an off topic subject here :

go to 0:31 in this video (which is from japan Expo) :

you will see that the pathway the guy in the video takes is the same path way the guy in the game pro toke to get into the new area at 1:50 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQE9f86fRpY&feature=player_embedded

that path way isn't from a newer build than E3 like you said in your article : http://www.sonicstadium.org/blog/2010/08/13/gamepros-sonic-colours-video-preview/

I'm not too shocked by the Green Wisp; I predicted that he'd slow Sonic down to some degree. Really, he's fat and puffy, and in platformer lingo, that means deceleration. :P But Iizuka said there'd be some element of speed to each Wisp, hence the Light Speed Dash. Coupled with his cute-sounding description, Greenie is falling into place for me. The only thing I'm not too thrilled with at this point is that he sounds like only an aesthetic replacement for the Light Speed Dash, and I'm hoping they find some way to make him a little more unique.

• Sonic News

I'm still going to assume there are only two acts until I actually see an "Act 3" title card or at least something a bit more concrete.

lol, won't even believe something straight from the producer? Alright, guess you'll see then, but that was plenty concrete for me.

@Shadtzer:

Hey, we'll take a lower quality vid :P. I just wanna see it in action! :D