Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

And now apparently the release dates are TBD. This stands for "Too Bad Dweebs" in this case. 

This applies to StH#279 & 280, and SU#83. 

I got a respond from ArchieComics regarding my Google Play order, which was cancelled last week (SU#83 and STH#279).

(I only asked for STH#279 in that tweet, guess it's the same situation on SU#83)

We'll just have to wait, I guess. Though I don't have a too good feeling about this since that Tweet from Penders today. 

269 may not be coming out physically tomorrow but it is coming out digitally (again)!

Bet ya anything this is another oversight and they've fucked up twice with this issue now 8D

22 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

StH#269 came out in 2014. Methinks you're getting confused with StCO#269, which just came out. :P

279 I meant.

3 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

I think it already came out digitally, as I swear I saw it in stores before... <-<

It did. Briefly. By accident. I managed to download it before they realised their fuck-up and took it down again =p

Apparently printing problems. Although Ian isn't heavily involved in the process, his answer to a fan also suggests this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what'd he nice? If they could go ahead and delay New!Archie just once, to focus and on actually getting some of their other stuff out.

7 hours ago, Detective Panda said:

269 may not be coming out physically tomorrow but it is coming out digitally (again)!

Bet ya anything this is another oversight and they've fucked up twice with this issue now 8D

Aaaaand it's gone again. They caught it early this time =p

Ah, you know Archie is taking the reboot Archie and running with it, damn the consequences. I don't think they'd even care at this point if they let SEGA withdraw the Sonic licence, the new Archie stuff already (partially) screwed up their multi-pronged media plan for Sonic Boom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Going back to speaking of digital comics, how does one "subscribe" to a comic title digitally? I'm especially curious because if you subscribe to the physical book, you save almost 50% off the cover price. Does digital have a similar deal? I'd rather not pay $3.99 an issue...

Just now, PC the Hedgehog said:

Going back to speaking of digital comics, how does one "subscribe" to a comic title digitally? I'm especially curious because if you subscribe to the physical book, you save almost 50% off the cover price. Does digital have a similar deal? I'd rather not pay $3.99 an issue...

I know Comixlogy offers digital subscriptions, but I don't know if you get any money off from the comic.

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I know Comixlogy offers digital subscriptions, but I don't know if you get any money off from the comic.

You don't. I use them frequently.

41 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

Just a heads up, should be seeing some Archie Sonic news today.

Well at least they're not making any implication that the comic's going in the bin.  My guess is that they'll say it's next release will be Wednesday.  Fingers crossed I'm right.

• Thumbs Up 2

Annd, I just decided to say fuck this and get my $40 back for my subscription; literally paid money for nothing.

Great, cool. we needed classic backstory on the new/meshed universe anyways, unless this is gonna be totally separate? (which it shouldn't seeing as we follow the game's storyline now).

But what about the current issues? y'know the stuff thats going to matter after this 1 shot is done, wheres the news on that Archie?!

Man, Flynn isn't going to be satisfied until he pulls a Chris Senn. Thats yet another story he'll have to sit down and tackle.

Can't complain too much though. Any news is good news at this point, and this is yet another tie in to the 25th anny celebration, so its nice to see all the companies involved tackling this sucker from all angles.

Soooooo, chalk another one up for the "Generations 2" column and I'll be on my way. lol

• Thumbs Up 1