Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

9 hours ago, Detective Panda said:

Irrelivent, since they always like to have the printed and digital versions out on the same day.

Except for when they slip up and release the digital versions early.

Which they briefly did =p

God damn, did their printers malfuntioned or something?

Hey, a monitor spontaneously went bang at work today. it's not outside the realm of possibility. 

I think a news article needs to made for the main site about this VEDJ, the main TSS site has been quiet on comic releases for a while now.

If I were to do that, I'd want more than one anecdote to go off. I haven't heard any other subscribers say anything about this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well these delays have been going on for months now, you can lay the facts we do know about that and label this last one as unconfirmed rumor.

58 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Do you think Dark Gaia Phoenix will talk and speak English in Archie's adaption?

Doubt it, they are strictly sticking with game logic now. so if it didn't happen in the games its a good chance it won't happen here.

If we ever get their that is.

Eh, even if we were in the old setting, I doubt they'd make the Dark Gaia Phoenix speak anyway.

Man, I didn't pay any mind to these delays at first (though mostly because I thought it would resolve soon) but now I'm getting concerned. I just hope that these constant delays don't result on the comics getting "terminated" or anything I swear to god if that happens...

To answer the above question, no way in hell they would make the Phoenix talk. It didn't talk in the source material and I don't see any particular reason for it to talk.

Well, while we're waiting for the comics, some interesting little tidbits, one which stuck out to me being the other Egg Bosses ages:

• Tundra: 52
  • Thunderbolt: 23
  • Hood: 25
  • Nephthys: 42
  • Conquering Storm: 21
  • Axel: 30
  • Akhlut: 46
  • ???: 28
  • ???: 19

All I can say is damn I did not expect Nephthys to be in her 40s, 'cuz she doesn't look it. Akhlut either. And I was expecting my girl Conquering Storm to be a year younger, but I ain't complaining. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 5

23 hours ago, Detective Panda said:

I can think of a few bits and pieces to make it worthy of a news report, such as:

-Detailing exactly how far behind we've gotten by this point.

-The last issues released and when.

-A brief commentary on Archie's current situation as a whole.

agreed something like this would be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Well, while we're waiting for the comics, some interesting little tidbits, one which stuck out to me being the other Egg Bosses ages:

• Tundra: 52
  • Thunderbolt: 23
  • Hood: 25
  • Nephthys: 42
  • Conquering Storm: 21
  • Axel: 30
  • Akhlut: 46
  • ???: 28
  • ???: 19

All I can say is damn I did not expect Nephthys to be in her 40s, 'cuz she doesn't look it. Akhlut either. And I was expecting my girl Conquering Storm to be a year younger, but I ain't complaining. :lol:

I was expecting Nephthys to be a bit older honestly, because the concept material describes her as motherly and the writers have gone on record to say that she's powerful regardless of her age. Akhlut is a surprise, but his pre-reboot self didn't exactly give any indications of age (plus I guess it helps contrast him against Razor, while Mordred is only a little older than the age range of reptiles thus throwing him right into the fray by contrast against Akhlut). 

You want to know what the real surprise is? Tundra. I know he was shown with a white muzzle when he appeared in Rotor's origin story (not his off-model self in #255), but that would put him at 35 years older than his son, which is a long time to leave it in the context of Sonic. 

11 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I was expecting Nephthys to be a bit older honestly, because the concept material describes her as motherly and the writers have gone on record to say that she's powerful regardless of her age. Akhlut is a surprise, but his pre-reboot self didn't exactly give any indications of age (plus I guess it helps contrast him against Razor, while Mordred is only a little older than the age range of reptiles thus throwing him right into the fray by contrast against Akhlut). 

You want to know what the real surprise is? Tundra. I know he was shown with a white muzzle when he appeared in Rotor's origin story (not his off-model self in #255), but that would put him at 35 years older than his son, which is a long time to leave it in the context of Sonic. 

Isn't walrus fluff always white, regardless of age?

So yeah, Tundra confirmed oldest Egg Boss. Though I'm gonna guess that

Clove is tied with the Squid Girl for young Egg Boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Detective Zebra said:

So yeah, Tundra confirmed oldest Egg Boss. Though I'm gonna guess that

Hidden Content

Pssst, you might be thinking of Cassia, as she's technically the youngest. (though not of Eggman's group it seems)

I love they are talking about delayed books coming back but are beating around the bush with Sonic.  I'm pissed now, what is going on?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, chaosjam said:

I love they are talking about delayed books coming back but are beating around the bush with Sonic.  I'm pissed now, what is going on?

At this point, crossing your fingers and hoping to heaven that everything eventually smoothens out, it the best tactic I can come up with.  Either that, or enough people complain to Archie, forcing them to make some kind of a response.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 hours ago, chaosjam said:

To be fair the Archie Horror line has been gone for a long time and is a very popular imprint.

Having said that I'm kinda glad I didn't get to resubscribe after #277.

Editing real quick just to throw this in. Evan Stanley has said Gold is either a Lesbian or Bisexual. She was doing a "Ask me about my OC meme and someone asked about Gold. It's awesome that Evan made one of the books characters not canonically straight. I doubt it'll ever be brought up in book but it's nice to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

To be fair the Archie Horror line has been gone for a long time and is a very popular imprint.

Having said that I'm kinda glad I didn't get to resubscribe after #277.

Editing real quick just to throw this in. Evan Stanley has said Gold is either a Lesbian or Bisexual. She was doing a "Ask me about my OC meme and someone asked about Gold. It's awesome that Evan made one of the books characters not canonically straight. I doubt it'll ever be brought up in book but it's nice to see.

Friendzoned by Blaze. Other female companion may be lesbian. Poor Silver can't catch a break. XD

• Thumbs Up 5

Silver seems the kind to not give a shit because he's too busy trying to save his world. Plus he's known her for...what, a few hours? That's no time for developing romance, regardless of anything else (like mandates, or orientations being incompatible). 

• Thumbs Up 4