Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm pretty sure Sonic Generations is about as canon as any Sonic & Mario at the Olympics video game. It's nice that the comics are trying to fit it into the story though,

In Sonic's case, why can't they just do modern/classic hybrid like in the Champions flashbacks?

Is it?

Marketing and merchandise-wise, Ducktales is not the same as Barks' Scrooge McDuck comics. Is still literally the stupidest thing you've ever heard in your years of life (indicating some sheltering, if this is literally the stupidest you've heard)?

Does it matter it's a different continuity?

But fine, then. Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 are treated as different franchises inside the bigger Digimon franchise. Is that a better example?

Adventure 02 may be a separate show, but its fully accepted as a full blown sequel show with many of the same characters coming back. A better example would be Adventure/02 with Tamers: same franchise, different continuities*.

Except for that one kid who blatantly ties the two continuities together.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, I specifically chose Adventure for that. Classic is still the same continuity, at least the main games, as Modern. It's just a different franchise on marketing terms, a different brand.

Kinda like old-time Superman and Superboy.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's worth pointing out here that he also said SEGA don't have a problem with Archie using the Chronicles stuff, Archie don't want to use it so they can avoid problems with Penders.

Angel Island was Knuckles Clan, not Nocturnus, IIRC.

it's been ages so you might be right.

if so it'll annoy me though as it kinda contradicts the classic lore about angel island grumble grumble

Well Fixit looks like a Gizoid so there is some hints toward the Nocturnus since they made the Gizoids.

Just wanna point out that Angel Island does have some technology. See: Hydrocity and Carnival Night Zone. :P Idk how Ian's handled Angel Island tech since the reboot, but.

They didn't make Emerl, though, did they? I felt the idea was less they were specifically Nocturnus in nature as something generalised on the greater Echidna culture instead

tbh I just really dont care much for all that added lore, like the fourth great civilization being echidnas\

Just wanna point out that Angel Island does have some technology. See: Hydrocity and Carnival Night Zone. :P Idk how Ian's handled Angel Island tech since the reboot, but.

True, there's Launch Base and the mining tech in Red Moutain, too. It's probably not just Knuckles Clan/Echidnas that lived in the surrounding area.

The reboot has more or less used most of Angel Island's known geography in little ways (we get some short cameos during the "Total Eclipse" arc), and expanding on others like noting that Flying Battery wreckage is somewhere on the Island. And, if it's worth anything, the "Genesis" short stories published back in FCBD 2012 mentioned Sky Sanctuary as being an area that surrounds it.

They didn't make Emerl, though, did they? I felt the idea was less they were specifically Nocturnus in nature as something generalised on the greater Echidna culture instead

tbh I just really dont care much for all that added lore, like the fourth great civilization being echidnas\

I seem to recall Gerald found Emerl, so he was probably created by the Nocturnus.

Myself, I don't mind the expanded lore, even though with Archie opting out of using the Nocturnus and all the gaps Flynn's been filling in with Tikal does complicate it more than it probably should. I dunno, I still like it though, especially since SEGA has pretty much avoided doing more with Angel Island since Sonic Adventure.

Oh, and I just noticed I got feedback over three weeks ago from Rafa about the Scourge art she posted about a month ago. It was official for the comic, and approved by Archie, but the image was actually over a year old before uploading, which makes sense if it was made for Best of Sonic #3 which was bandied about for ages before we saw its assets broken up and put into Ultimate Collection. So it's probable that the foot came down on him between the time it was approved and the time she uploaded it.

True, there's Launch Base and the mining tech in Red Moutain, too.

Always thought that was Eggman's doing. Especially Launch Base, hinted by it being the base to launch the Death Egg. And mining sounds like an Eggman thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, and I just noticed I got feedback over three weeks ago from Rafa about the Scourge art she posted about a month ago. It was official for the comic, and approved by Archie, but the image was actually over a year old before uploading, which makes sense if it was made for Best of Sonic #3 which was bandied about for ages before we saw its assets broken up and put into Ultimate Collection. So it's probable that the foot came down on him between the time it was approved and the time she uploaded it.

Out of curiosity, can we figure out a date between those 2 events?

Always thought that was Eggman's doing. Especially Launch Base, hinted by it being the base to launch the Death Egg. And mining sounds like an Eggman thing.

Yeah, same said for Carnival Night Zone, that's obviously Eggman's doing.

I'm surprised Knuckles even let Eggman build a whole city on his island, must've been one heck of a lie Eggy came up with.

Yeah, I tend to think Launch Base was created by Eggman, though the comic hints that it was already there and Eggman made use of whatever computer systems were there. I realize the comic isn't the end-all/last word on that stuff, but as far as how it's presented there, it was likely created by another group, which I think applies to other zones like Red Mountain and maybe Carnival Night (though I'm more doubtful on that one).

I don't recall the comics hinting at that in the Archie-verse. Where was this?

Heckuva coincidence for the Death Egg to crash land right in the middle of a launch base perfectly suited to getting it back in the air again. I was under the impression it was leftover Eggman stuff.

I don't recall the comics hinting at that in the Archie-verse. Where was this?

Sonic Universe #63 and 64. In the former she refers to the technology as ancient and that Eggman had overwritten parts of the systems when he landed there and she was trying to use the systems to learn about Fixit. In the latter she alludes to "original residents".

Should be noted IIRC they also hint at the Troll civilization having technology there

I read that more as an example when Relic was talking to Rouge, since she mentions crystalline systems the trolls had and saying that perhaps the computer that controls all the traps on Angel Island might be a similar, intuitive system.

It's always possible the trolls/second great civilization could be connected to Angel Island, but I don't think they've really implied anything there, yet.