Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Who's for Sticks joining the main book when Boom ends?

Unless she becomes another Tiara, where SEGA owns her lock stock and barrel, but don't want to use her.

I'm not really big on Sticks, but she's more than welcome to join the main series if they want (and are able) to keep her around.

Although, with Boom being more into random comedy and the main comic having a more focused narrative, it makes one wonder how they could balance her with this verse and the plans that have already been set for it.

It says on Bumbleking that we get our first sight of Sonic Man and M'egga Man in Part 2. Along with it being revealed that Worlds Collide took place after Sonic Generations for the Sonic characters, explaining how he got out of the white void at the end of Generations, and lying to Wily about when Eggman trying to kill Dr.Light so the two will become best bros again.

I should hope we got our first look here considering they're on the cover.

I should hope we got our first look here considering they're on the cover.

I mean full on sight, as in a story sense, and not in a cover where some details are obscured.

Who's for Sticks joining the main book when Boom ends?

Unless she becomes another Tiara, where SEGA owns her lock stock and barrel, but don't want to use her.

I feel like it'd be harder for that fate to befall Sticks; I doubt there are rights issues like X characters are tangled up with, nor is she from an unreleased game, so it'd be more than likely SEGA just wants Boom to stay its own thing and as far away from anything connected to Sonic Team Sonic. Which... I find kind of odd considering a good chunk of the book's current universe is retooled from American media to begin with.

I wouldn't mind Sticks crossing over, if SEGA were to allow it, I imagine Flynn or Yardley can make her actually funny and useful, so why not? I'm not sure how much altering she'd have to undergo, but what the hell. Though the book isn't hurting for more characters either, currently, so I'm pretty neutral on Archie using her if she were available to move into the on-going.

Wait, Boom is ending?

Yes. Archie confirmed it today.

What is it with Sega and their unwillingness to give things a chance?

Well to be fair when you have a large group of angry rabid fans ready to tear you apart for doing literally anything it's hard to find the enthusiasm to even bother.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boom was SoA's baby. could be that SoJ are bringing something of their own now and want the house cleaned first.

Hmm? what makes you think that? did you hear/see something?

We've got a comment from Ian.

Most probably not, given that the cartoon is still going strong. It took us a year or two to get access to Cream even after Sonic X ended.

I can't get into things, so this is all I'm saying on the matter:
- it was not because of sales. Boom was doing just fine.
- it was not because of SEGA.

We'll see what the future holds, but I'll miss having the monthly book to play with. Had some fun stories lined up for it.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Pretty sure Archie doesn't have a say in Sticks' fate.

No one said they did, just that it wouldn't be a bad idea if they were able to keep her despite the Boom comics ending.

As far as I'm guessing, her fate is tied to the Boom comics' end.

With that said, I seriously wonder what the hell is up with the comics ending if it wasn't even because of SEGA?

We've got a comment from Ian.

Yeah, OK, I figured sales was not the issue. The book was selling on par with Mega Man. It might just be an internal Archie thing. Could always be possible Boom is getting a revamp, similar to what happened to the Nick TMNT book recently, if Archie still has the license to the Boom sub-franchise (and I'm guessing they do). Guess we'll find out in a month or two with the next round of solicits.

Has anyone gotten Worlds Unite Pt 2 in the mail yet??

I only just now got my worlds unite Pt 1 comics in the mail today (weirdly my normal cover issue wasn't there with the other two.

my comics have weird shipping times :l)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm? what makes you think that? did you hear/see something?

I rarely know things from behind the scenes outside what everyone else does :V was really just guessing, and as seen, was wrong.

I only just now got my worlds unite Pt 1 comics in the mail today (weirdly my normal cover issue wasn't there with the other two.

oh ok that sucks.

oh ok that sucks.

pretty sure it will come in the mail tomorrow so I should be good (though I would prefer getting them closer to their release date at least :l)

Booms done? Good. The less of that franchise around the better.With any luck an indication of the rest of booms future. Hopefully they can focus more on the real Sonic now.

It says on Bumbleking that we get our first sight of Sonic Man and M'egga Man in Part 2. Along with it being revealed that Worlds Collide took place after Sonic Generations for the Sonic characters, explaining how he got out of the white void at the end of Generations, and lying to Wily about when Eggman trying to kill Dr.Light so the two will become best bros again.

Wait, I thought they revealed a long time ago that World Collides was after Generations and that Mega Man was pushed forward in its timeline for the event (and later sent back and the MM characters losing their memories of the event.)

pretty sure it will come in the mail tomorrow so I should be good (though I would prefer getting them closer to their release date at least :l)

oh ok can u post up spoiler pics of part 2 if u get it in the mail tomorrow?

Sucks to here what happened to the Boom comic.  Though I'm relieved that it wasn't for sales reasons because that would of had me a bit concerned for Universe since I find the side stories there so interesting.  I do hope Sticks can transition into the main series albeit with a smaller role than Boom.  It just depends what the license holders want to do with her.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, I thought they revealed a long time ago that World Collides was after Generations and that Mega Man was pushed forward in its timeline for the event (and later sent back and the MM characters losing their memories of the event.)

I think they mean the new version. As in, in the new continuity the buildup to Worlds Collide involved Generations for the Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Booms done? Good. The less of that franchise around the better.With any luck an indication of the rest of booms future. Hopefully they can focus more on the real Sonic now.

You DO know it is a spin-off right? It never took any light off Sega Sonic. Sega Sonic was never replaced by Boom Sonic in any way. 

Also, Boom just got more merchandise on the way and another season of 26 episodes for next year so while the comic may be gone, the show's not going anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 3