Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Remember what I said about Shadow? Yeah, forget I said anything :-P

Ohhhhh, such epicness....wub.png

-I thought Duo or Rock would be the ones to save Light but seeing Shadow do it was a pleasant surprise.

-Cool to see the Mega Man Killers since I found their absence from Part 9's spread-sheet to be a tad odd since they are technically still Robot Masters like the Genesis Unit.

-Chaos Devil looks way scarier than Yardley's version of it.

-Is Light wearing Proto Man's helmet?

-Aww. Tails got hurt?sad.png

-Oh hell yeah, Bass and Metal Sonic finally get to show their stuff. I can just envision the Super Adapter fight already.

-Big Man. There has to be joke about that, I swear.

EDIT: And yeah, RougeXJewel Man should be a pairing.laugh.png

Edited by DarkLight

I cant stop laughing at the picture of Rouge and Jewel Man!!

This was one thing I wanted to see in the crossover.

And by God they did not disappoint.

Wow, everything about that issue looks epic, should be getting it myself today so I don't want to spoil too much for myself. The Chaos Devil looks pretty nasty. Forte, Gospel and Metal look awesome in that pic. The looks on Wily and Eggmans faces when he finds out Eggman tried to kill Light are very well done. I also wondered if the Megaman Killers would show up from the Gameboy games. They spared almost nothing, its impressive.

Loving those little panels of all the characters too.

Wow, everything about that issue looks epic, should be getting it myself today so I don't want to spoil too much for myself. The Chaos Devil looks pretty nasty. Forte, Gospel and Metal look awesome in that pic. The looks on Wily and Eggmans faces when he finds out Eggman tried to kill Light are very well done. I also wondered if the Megaman Killers would show up from the Gameboy games. They spared almost nothing, its impressive.

Loving those little panels of all the characters too.

Except it's from Part 10 and Part 9 is the one coming out this week. CC14 is a subscriber and gets his issues early.

Man where has the time gone? Are we already close to the end?

I hear that. Seems not too long ago when I got Part 1. 

Though it's mostly due to this crossover being in three separate books as opposed to one and make the wait for each installment more bearable than the latter.

Edited by DarkLight

Got to say, it sucks avoid this thread because everyone is fine with spoiling themselves and such and I have to be like 3 issues behind everyone else, lol. Really want to discuss it to..

Except it's from Part 10 and Part 9 is the one coming out this week. CC14 is a subscriber and gets his issues early.

Depends really, I have on occasion (not all the time) gotten my copy at the same time or same week as CC14. I am an overseas subscriber via my local and recieve the direct version, which i would assume they ship early so it gets out on time. My local releases comics when their shipment arrives, not the listed street date. I got part 9 two weeks ago (i remember cause it was the same day my comic shop gave out the free tickets to Man of Steel to regular customers who subscribe via them for a hired out showing of the movie just for customers) hence why I'm hoping or assuming I will get part 10 this week since he has his copy. Last few weeks I have had it around same timeframe as he has gotten his.

Wishful thinking since I haven't been down to pick up my subscription comics this week. But I like thinking positive haha

Edited by Tenko

It's Over.

I'm now moving forward with THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES and will have more to say sometime next week.

At this time, I'm going to enjoy this week with family and friends.

Happy 4th of July to everyone, especially Phil, Jeffrey, Michael, Andre, Chris, Anthony, Mike, George, Larry, Patrick, Jen, Bob, Elliot, Pam, Mike, Pam, Serge, Chris, Colin, Cara and most especially Steve and Bernie.

I couldn't have made it this far without you guys. Mosel Tov.

http://www.kenpenders.com/

It seems that Penders will publish his Lara-su Chronicles.

Edited by CiNozzo

How? Why? WHY DID HE WIN??

This is the worst fucking news ever, it's all over.

Hang on guys, before we start flipping out on who won, maybe certains terms were agreed upon from both parties. 

We can still hope, that there has been an agreement and that the trial has been concluded by a win-win situation... we can still hope...

From Ken's comments, it looks like a joint ownership deal.

If it is, then this is probably the best outcome!

Edited by mistercokehold8

I'm speechless! How could Sega have let him win even partially? The consumer confusion bid as well as Penders trying to link to Segas franchise and make money off it should have been more than enough to bring it to a close.

Sure he should get royalties from reprints etc, that's common practice. But his own derivative works argument should have been used against him. Unless he has to pay Sega/Archie royalties himself for linking to their creative works and being a derivative of them then I'm baffled as to how they came to the conclusion he should be allowed to go ahead with his plans.

I am not looking forward to his lackies smug replies on future news posts about this >.<

On the bright side, I imagine he will finally be able to find out how few people will buy his fan-fic work. Especially if it isn't licensed or authorized by Sega. If he expects it to become as popular as what he is mooching off he will be disappointed.

Edited by Tenko

I'm betting the result is Archie getting reprint rights, and the option to carry on using the characters in the future if they pay royalties, which they won't. Said that already. Wouldn't be surprised, however, if we were presented to a series of new designs for THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES that don't look like Knuckles, considering that was the only thing holding the settlement up.

So is it just the echidnas who can't be used anymore, or are other characters like Elias or Geoffrey gone as well?

Does he realize how vital these characters are to the comic? Lara and Julie-Su? The Mysterous Cats? Fucking FIEST!?!?!? (there goes that cool Special Zone concept kiddies!) Sonic's parents? Are you shitting me? And Finally the fucking King and Ex- Queen of the main setting of the story?

That's it, im done. Id rather we just have on big fucking reebot at this point then try to salvage this shit, this is it.

I hate Ken, so fucking much.
Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3