Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Are the Latest and Most Current Issues becoming Repetitive?

From what some have said, they seem to be lately.

The reason, is because you have the same stuff being done over and over again, without any change or development.

What others have said, with the most recent issue, it was the same as before, Sally's cornered , and yet somehow she gets away just before Sonic or anyone can grab her. And many feel it just Ian repeating the same thing over and over again.

Now, understandable, others may disagree with this, and that's okay. For they may feel that it's just a way to get to the climax (so we've been told) in the 1 1/2 months.

Others however feel that what's going is just filler and has nothing to do with the arc and could easily be compressed into a 4+ part SU Arc (minus the filler) with no problem whatsoever.

Thus, is the reason why some feel the latest issues of this Mecha Sally arc have becoming repetitive, and believe it needs to stop.

But do any of you agree with this.

Sally needs to FOR REAL die. Like, just gtfo the comic for a while.

It's just stupidly, painfully obvious that Sonic's gonna be like "I'MMA RESCUE U" and Sally's like "NU I SACRIFICE MYSELF FR U" and then Sonic's like "I HAT VERYONE I WISH I WAS DED" for forty issues before it's revealed that Sally's alive in an alternate dimension in the Forbidden Zone because her secret evil twin wants to be just like her and saved her because she can't stand to see her clearly superior sister die.

How utterly stupid do you believe the comocs are if you actually believe a scenario like that will actually be a thing?

Will The 1st Half of Ian Flynn's Current Sonic Arc Get the Same Backlash as Marvel's "ONE MORE DAY"

Well that may be hard to say.

Currently the reaction to it is 50/50 among the fanbase. In other words, some like it, while others don't.

But in reality, it all depends on the climax in 241 (so we've been told at SDCC) comes about, and is done.

If done correctly, perhaps all the waiting and repeating (as some see it) will pay off in a positive way. However, if it's not correctly, The arc along with Ian and possibly Paul could face a major backlash from both sides of the fanbase, that might be on a similar level on as SpiderMan's ONE MORE DAY.

Now I understand, that some of you may disagree with that, and that's cool. But u may agree that if the climax is not done right, to the point that everyone may enjoy it or be okay with it. That some backlash will/might be forthcoming.

Edited by bwrosas

How utterly stupid do you believe the comocs are if you actually believe a scenario like that will actually be a thing?

Will The 1st Half of Ian Flynn's Current Sonic Arc Get the Same Backlash as Marvel's "ONE MORE DAY"

No, because, regardless of one's personal opinion of the man, nothing he has made will ever compare to the sheer stupidity that is One More Day.

• Thumbs Up 6

No, because, regardless of one's personal opinion of the man, nothing he has made will ever compare to the sheer stupidity that is One More Day.

I've heard of how bad it was, but I have no idea what it's about.

Quick summary, anyone?

I've heard of how bad it was, but I have no idea what it's about.

Quick summary, anyone?

Spider-Man makes a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May from death by erasing his marriage to Mary Jane just because Joe Quesada thought that "married people can't have interesting stories."

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention that EVERYONE in the Marvel Universe seems to be conveniently unable to heal a simple bullet wound.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 9

Hello everyone ^.^ This is my fist post ever :P

I'm quite a big fan of the comic, especially Ian Flynn's current run at it (Despite most people's harsh opinion of him), but the major problems I have with it usually involves Sally in some way O.o I know she has quite a following, but I just can't stand her. I think that it may be The Slap that made me really despise her :P

Now, I haven't really been able to keep up with the comic since around 200 because I'm a teenager that has a family that became quite poor. I have taken in SOME information and saw that there is mecha-Sally. Can someone tell me if that character may cause Sally to disappear forever? :P

Hello everyone ^.^ This is my fist post ever :P

I'm quite a big fan of the comic, especially Ian Flynn's current run at it (Despite most people's harsh opinion of him), but the major problems I have with it usually involves Sally in some way O.o I know she has quite a following, but I just can't stand her. I think that it may be The Slap that made me really despise her :P

Now, I haven't really been able to keep up with the comic since around 200 because I'm a teenager that has a family that became quite poor. I have taken in SOME information and saw that there is mecha-Sally. Can someone tell me if that character may cause Sally to disappear forever? :P

Eh, most people are anticipating a reversal of the roboticisation, so I doubt she'll be gone forever. Being a killer robot may have an effect on her psychology though.

My 3DS isn't letting me edit my repeated post -_-

Hmmm...That would kinda suck. I don't outright hate Sally, but I think the comic would be better withou her as a whole :P

So apparently the next Sonic Universe arc is gonna be a pseudo-SEGA All Stars Racing one....seems kind of odd, but the cover looks REALLY cool :D A racing arc might be kinda cool if pulled off correctly, which I can trust Ian to do. I'm just sad because I won't be able to start collecting the comics until Christmas :( I've already missed out on so much good stuff :P

Just an odd question, but have the Chaotix been pushed aside in the recent issues? They are cool and I would be sad if they were just pushed aside O.o

Just an odd question, but have the Chaotix been pushed aside in the recent issues? They are cool and I would be sad if they were just pushed aside O.o

Not to spoil anything... but you'll have plenty Chaotix to enjoy soon enough. ^^

Thanks for the answer :D That seems awesome :P

Even though I am quite a big fan of the comics, I can only read from a certain point O.o I personally think that anything before about 130 (excluding Endgame) is kinda bad. I have read all of the issues before 130, but I don't think I will ever do that again :P I prefer the side of the comic with a really cool plot intead of a weird and overly-happy string of events. But I think the series exponentially grew to wonderous heights from 130 onward :D

The main thing I love about the series is the more series take on the Sonic Universe with awesome original characters and interactions :) It's just amazing ^.^

And it just seems to be getting bigger and better as it goes on :P I can't wait to start getting them this Christmas. Tracy Yardley portrays the Sonic Characters better than the actual games in my opinion and I love that.

Plus, Scourge is one of my favorite characters in the Sonic series :D

And to spoil everything, the Sega All-Stars is just a one-off issue. The next proper arc is a Chaotix arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention that EVERYONE in the Marvel Universe seems to be conveniently unable to heal a simple bullet wound.

It's made worst in follow up story "One Moment in Time" where Peter saves Aunt May by giving her CPR.

Sally needs to FOR REAL die. Like, just gtfo the comic for a while.

It's just stupidly, painfully obvious that Sonic's gonna be like "I'MMA RESCUE U" and Sally's like "NU I SACRIFICE MYSELF FR U" and then Sonic's like "I HAT VERYONE I WISH I WAS DED" for forty issues before it's revealed that Sally's alive in an alternate dimension in the Forbidden Zone because her secret evil twin wants to be just like her and saved her because she can't stand to see her clearly superior sister die.

Dude, where are you guys, getting this "Sally steals the spot light business?" I don't see it. In fact, ever since Ian took over she hasn't really gotten that much exposure. Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Bunnie, Rotor, Antione, Geoffrey, they've gotten their shine. Sally doesn't even follow him on all of his missions.

Dude, where are you guys, getting this "Sally steals the spot light business?" I don't see it. In fact, ever since Ian took over she hasn't really gotten that much exposure. Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Bunnie, Rotor, Antione, Geoffrey, they've gotten their shine. Sally doesn't even follow him on all of his missions.

Whilst I don't follow the people who go on about certain writers because I think most of their arguments are either completely wrong or misguided due to favouritism.

Sally does certainly steal the spot light, it's quite evident in the Genesis saga just how much, in issue... what was it two or three? Where they 'first' meet Tails, she pretty much tells him to stay at home and not go on the mission with them.

Yeah Sally, there was this little game called Sonic 2, I know you've just been through cosmic reset, but Tails did a fine job alone in that game (if you found the options screen) and nobody thought 'maybe he should stay at home' until they entered a special stage.

Then in two seperate issues on multiple occasions, Sally "I'm not a policeman I'm a princess" Acorn decides to order Sonic around and the best way to get him to do what she wants is by flashing her arse at him. Seriously, theres several occasions where Sally is drawn so that she's flashing her bottom at him and Sonic's eyeline is blatently looking at it as she's giving him an order.

Most of the time before Sally went the way of the borg, her scenes don't particually need her in there, or Sonic happens to be in the same scene with them, dialogue is being spoken and it's all coming from Sally when Sonic should be quite capable of saying the same things with a similar effect.

Take one example which is a tad old, but still presents how they rely on Sally too much and missed out on potential character development. During the whole 'NICHOLE IS AN EVIL ROBOT!' concert, afterwards Nichole cries and runs away, Sonic and Sally enter... ... erm... person who we won't see again for over a years worth of stories trailer and Sally tells her off... Whilst Sonic sits on the couch pretending to be part of the band.

Now... considering the history between these three characters and how pop princess' boyfriend still doesn't particually like Sonic all that much, would this not have been more of an interesting scene if Sonic had given her a grilling? Not to mention how it also helps strengthen his relationship to Nichole by doing so? Yet with Sally, it's just typical and expected.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hello everyone ^.^ This is my fist post ever tongue.png

I'm quite a big fan of the comic, especially Ian Flynn's current run at it (Despite most people's harsh opinion of him), but the major problems I have with it usually involves Sally in some way O.o I know she has quite a following, but I just can't stand her. I think that it may be The Slap that made me really despise her tongue.png

Now, I haven't really been able to keep up with the comic since around 200 because I'm a teenager that has a family that became quite poor. I have taken in SOME information and saw that there is mecha-Sally. Can someone tell me if that character may cause Sally to disappear forever? tongue.png

I'm quite a big fan of the comic, especially Ian Flynn's current run at it (Despite most people's harsh opinion of him), but the major problems I have with it usually involves Sally in some way O.o I know she has quite a following, but I just can't stand her. I think that it may be The Slap that made me really despise her tongue.png

Now, I haven't really been able to keep up with the comic since around 200 because I'm a teenager that has a family that became quite poor. I have taken in SOME information and saw that there is mecha-Sally. Can someone tell me if that character may cause Sally to disappear forever? tongue.png

Thanks for the answer biggrin.png That seems awesome tongue.png

Even though I am quite a big fan of the comics, I can only read from a certain point O.o I personally think that anything before about 130 (excluding Endgame) is kinda bad. I have read all of the issues before 130, but I don't think I will ever do that again tongue.png I prefer the side of the comic with a really cool plot intead of a weird and overly-happy string of events. But I think the series exponentially grew to wonderous heights from 130 onward biggrin.png

The main thing I love about the series is the more series take on the Sonic Universe with awesome original characters and interactions smile.png It's just amazing ^.^

And it just seems to be getting bigger and better as it goes on tongue.png I can't wait to start getting them this Christmas. Tracy Yardley portrays the Sonic Characters better than the actual games in my opinion and I love that.

Plus, Scourge is one of my favorite characters in the Sonic series biggrin.png

"130 and onward"

Dude, I don't understand. Rouge made out with Knuckles Father around the 150 areas, and Anti Sonic look like he did something inappropriate to Bunnie. It was straight garbage added terrible story telling and horrific art work. Ken Penders was a horny writer. Sally was victim of bad writing thanks to Ken Penders, Karl Bollers, and Mike Gallagher. Sonic was written bad as well by these guys. The way Ken Penders made Sonic ruin the relationship between him and Tails and Sonic being a mac daddy an getting with all the girls. Like Ben Hurst said, "I didn't past the torch to Ken Penders, what I meant was the torch was passed by default I haven't read a single issue." Karl Bollers and the other writers ruined Sally. When Ian took over in 160, Both Sonic and Sally acted like they should have acted.

I'm in the same boat as you, poor as fuck, but still finding ways to legally see the comics. having a yearly sub saves in the long run even if it hurts to pay it all up-front. also once you have one of those, you can use youtube to catch up on the issues you missed (since ordering 38 back issues will be a pain in the wallet) while still staying in a good standing with the community.

Edited by goku262002

"130 and onward"

Dude, I don't understand. Rouge made out with Knuckles Father around the 150 areas, and Anti Sonic look like he did something inappropriate to Bunnie. It was straight garbage added terrible story telling and horrific art work. Ken Penders was a horny writer. Sally was victim of bad writing thanks to Ken Penders, Karl Bollers, and Mike Gallagher. Sonic was written bad as well by these guys. The way Ken Penders made Sonic ruin the relationship between him and Tails and Sonic being a mac daddy an getting with all the girls. Like Ben Hurst said, "I didn't past the torch to Ken Penders, what I meant was the torch was passed by default I haven't read a single issue." Karl Bollers and the other writers ruined Sally. When Ian took over in 160, Both Sonic and Sally acted like they should have acted.

Ah. Sorry to make it seem like I LOVE the comic from that point. I just meant that it is tolerable from that point. There are quite a few things wrong with that era of the comic, but I don't find much severely wrong with it. I do think that from 160 onwards, Ian made the comic much more than tolerable. The main problem I had with the early writing is the way Sonic is portrayed. He is super arrogant and kind of annoying. I could still deal with him though :)And I'm sorry if my emoticons were annoying. I just use lots of them to show emotion with my posts. But if they are annoying, I won't use as many.I am also curious to see where people think the comic was at its best, whether that be now/recently or whenever...

For me, issue 20 is when the comic got on it's path from being utter shit. Oh sure, it faltered a lot since then, but generally issue 20 is when things stopped being rubbish.

Whilst I don't follow the people who go on about certain writers because I think most of their arguments are either completely wrong or misguided due to favouritism.

Sally does certainly steal the spot light, it's quite evident in the Genesis saga just how much, in issue... what was it two or three? Where they 'first' meet Tails, she pretty much tells him to stay at home and not go on the mission with them.

Yeah Sally, there was this little game called Sonic 2, I know you've just been through cosmic reset, but Tails did a fine job alone in that game (if you found the options screen) and nobody thought 'maybe he should stay at home' until they entered a special stage.

I find this argument stupid. Sally didn't know who Tails was, she just saw an 8-year-old boy. Is she supposed to say" Hey, boy! Let's go fight killer robots!"? Sonic tell's her he's fine and it's done.

Most of the time before Sally went the way of the borg, her scenes don't particually need her in there, or Sonic happens to be in the same scene with them, dialogue is being spoken and it's all coming from Sally when Sonic should be quite capable of saying the same things with a similar effect.

Take one example which is a tad old, but still presents how they rely on Sally too much and missed out on potential character development. During the whole 'NICHOLE IS AN EVIL ROBOT!' concert, afterwards Nichole cries and runs away, Sonic and Sally enter... ... erm... person who we won't see again for over a years worth of stories trailer and Sally tells her off... Whilst Sonic sits on the couch pretending to be part of the band.

Now... considering the history between these three characters and how pop princess' boyfriend still doesn't particually like Sonic all that much, would this not have been more of an interesting scene if Sonic had given her a grilling? Not to mention how it also helps strengthen his relationship to Nichole by doing so? Yet with Sally, it's just typical and expected.

And this is just you wanting Sonic to have all the dialogue. I find it quite silly and I don't even like Sally.

BTW, Mina was around two issues later. Hardly a years worth of stories.

• Thumbs Up 3

If I might jump in too.

That scene you can't really fault Sally getting dialogue rather than Sonic. It makes sense for Sally to be telling off Mina. If Sonic did it then it's just a guy telling her off, but if Sally does it then its a princess. If Mina lives in a society ruled over by a monarchy then going against the royal orders is treason.

So that particular scene actually makes sense for Sally to be telling her off.

Edited by The-Master-Board