Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

10 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Ah yes, issue 9. A true classic.

Image result for alone on a friday night

I'm not going to lie the original version is 100 times funnier.

• Nice Smile 1

11 hours ago, Mister X said:

Ah yes, issue 9. A true classic.

Image result for alone on a friday night

It is kind of funny, but then again, I always feel a bit hurt.

Yes, on a Friday night I'm asleep and alone, you've got problems with that?

Issue 10.
The Freedom Fighters meet the Nerbs.
It's a bad story.
Also the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles make a cameo.
2e9rTiv.png

Back-Up story.
The Freedom Fighters are riding in Antoine's hot air ballon looking for a picnic spot. They are attacked by Dr Robotnik's Buzzbombers who pop Antoine's balloon.
The other Freedom Fighters tell Antione that his hot air balloon is too outdated to be of any help to the Freedom Fighters in their war against Robotnik.
AE9edcD.png
This makes Antoine sad.
The Buzzbombers return to Robotropolis to tell Robotnik about their attack on the Freedom Fighters. Robotnik wants to know what the Freedom Fighters are up to, and Snively says that they are probably looking for a place to hold their annual picnic.
Tails and Antoine talk about the balloon crashing, and Antoine decides to try again, and show the other Freedom Fighters that his balloon is not useless.
The Freedom Fighters are attacked by Robotnik and his Badniks, and Antoine saves the day.

Wow!!!!!!
This story is kind of good. It's still goofy, but the characters personality's stand out way more in this story.

Also Robotnik's lair now looks different. It's not an office in this story. His lair now looks like it's Satam counterpart.
s5DZt4a.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I kind of liked the fact that Antoine could be somewhat competent in the said story even when he still had serious flaws/"personality traits". It actually makes it somewhat believable and reasonable of him being a part of the team after all...

Though his bragging has no continuity/reality checks, full of hot air indeed. :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 2

I kinda preferred Robotnik having an office over his SatAM lair, but oh well.

Also the Nerbs are perfect.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

So the issues are officially cancelled? That brings a tear to my eye. Such great memories of these comics.

They have been for a while. It's actually shocking you found out about the cancellation now rather than the controversial day it was officially stated.

Yeah, the comics just died, shot in the back of the head. No ending, nothing, just a cancellation that almost none of the comic crew even knew about. 24 years down the drain.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Spinneret said:

Issue 10.
The Freedom Fighters meet the Nerbs.
It's a bad story.
Also the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles make a cameo.
2e9rTiv.png

Back-Up story.
The Freedom Fighters are riding in Antoine's hot air ballon looking for a picnic spot. They are attacked by Dr Robotnik's Buzzbombers who pop Antoine's balloon.
The other Freedom Fighters tell Antione that his hot air balloon is too outdated to be of any help to the Freedom Fighters in their war against Robotnik.
AE9edcD.png
This makes Antoine sad.
The Buzzbombers return to Robotropolis to tell Robotnik about their attack on the Freedom Fighters. Robotnik wants to know what the Freedom Fighters are up to, and Snively says that they are probably looking for a place to hold their annual picnic.
Tails and Antoine talk about the balloon crashing, and Antoine decides to try again, and show the other Freedom Fighters that his balloon is not useless.
The Freedom Fighters are attacked by Robotnik and his Badniks, and Antoine saves the day.

Wow!!!!!!
This story is kind of good. It's still goofy, but the characters personality's stand out way more in this story.

Also Robotnik's lair now looks different. It's not an office in this story. His lair now looks like it's Satam counterpart.
s5DZt4a.png

Heh, I'll always remember how darn fat Art Mawhinney drew those Buzzbombers.

• Thumbs Up 3

Issue 11.
He's finally here. Issue 11 is the first Archie Sonic book to have stories written by Ken Penders.

Issue 11 is really not that different than past stories. It's still pretty silly compared to Penders later work.
Co-writing alongside Penders is Mike Kanterovich.
Originally Archie was worried that Michael Gallagher had plans to leave the book so Archie wanted another writer so they could have back-up stories on hand.
Mike Kanterovich didn't know anything about Sonic the Hedgehog, but he was friends with Ken Penders, and he knew that Penders had a young son who was a big sonic fan.

Main Story: "The Good, the Bad, and the Hedgehog" written by Mike Kanterovich and Ken Penders

The Freedom Fighters find one of Dr. Robotnik's factories polluting the river. Sally calls Sonic using a wrist watch. Sonic is far away so he decides to take a shortcut by using the Cosmic Interstate, but ends up taking a wrong turn and ends up in the Anti-Mobius world.

It's Penders first story and already we have the multiverse in the Sonic comics.

Sonic meets that worlds version of Robotnik who is a kind Veterinarian.
Anti-Robotnik orders his patients to catch Sonic. Sonic escapes and bumps headfirst into Anti-Sonic.
Anti-Sonic than destroyes the whole pacing of this story to explain the different worlds.

t9Sp4QI.png
Sonic tricks Anti-Sonic into following him to Anti-Robotnik's clinic where Anti-Sonic gets captured. Sonic than explans everything to Anti-Robotnik.
Sonic returns to Mobius, and uses a device that Anti-Robotnik give him to suck up the sludge from Robotnik's factory.

Fun fact: Originally Evil Sonic was going to be Dr. Sonic and be the Anti world's version of Robotnik, but Sega made Penders and Kanterovich change it. Personally I think that Sega made the right call here.
Also this is the only story where Anti-Robotnik is as fat as Robotnik Prime. In every other story that he appears in he will be shown to be thin.

tpDcOWJ.png

Back-Up story:  "Beat The Clock" written by Mike Kanterovich and Ken Penders

Coconuts kidnaps the Freedom Fights to use as bait for Sonic. He wants to make Robotnik's "Top 10 Badniks" list. Sonic saves the day. All in all boring story.

Fun fact: Originally it was Crabmeat, but Sega told Penders and Kanterovich to change it to Coconuts to tie-in with the AOSTH cartoon.

Second Back-Up story: "Food for Thought" or "You Are What You Eat" written by Mike Kanterovich and Ken Penders

It's Sonic's birthday and he has a bad acid Chili Dog trip.
It's bad.

6iq1jNH.png

1 hour ago, Spinneret said:

Also this is the only story where Anti-Robotnik is as fat as Robotnik Prime. In every other story that he appears in he will be shown to be thin.

My headcanon is he lost his weight over worrying and stressing over stuff. :blink: As far as I can see things started to accelerate pretty fast at one point even worse than they were before in anti-Mobius.

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I have doubts that Mordred would have been in SU#95, in light of the extra info we got about it.

Extra info? Where?

4 hours ago, Terriful said:

Extra info? Where?

I think one was a solicitation, the other was a recent Bumbleking Q&A.

-The bit from the Q&A was that Sonic and Antoine would be going back to Ant's ancestral home, D'Coolette Castle or whatevs. Mordred's castle is clearly not that place (his fort is Eggman symbol-shaped, so Eggman likely got it especially built for the Egg Boss), and he has no business being there saying as he was still recuperating from both the initial GUN attack we saw and the events of Eggman's Dozen. 

-The solicitation mentioned that they'd encounter a new foe in the halls of the castle. Mordred is nowhere near the definition of new. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, it's been quite a long time.

The last thing I know is that Sonic comics will now be under IDW and there's  a chance some writers/artists may come back.

What did I miss?

4 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Well, this is neat. I suppose this was something one could expect her to do in a higher possibility than the others in the creative staff though, considering the fact she has an ongoing fan comic and all...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Nice! I've been pretty curious to see what exactly Silver (and the others) had been up to between the end of 'Silver Age', and that 'Origins' story.

39 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Just read Champions Part 2. Really interesting though I felt bad for Tails. Hopefully, Honey learns her lesson.

Oh yeah, that one. Cream basically got my brainwaves on that fight. I don't really care if people say I'm lousy because of this opinion but I don't like "cute cheaters" one bit. 

The way she tried to "make amends" came to me as a free add-space campaign... gee Tails' way too polite when it comes to certain situations...

And these are the reasons as, while being a good character (even by making me feel something other than just a flegmatic meh) I don't dig her too much. I like Tails a bit too much to get completely over that shot in just a few appearances... most of them being more something akin to cameos than actual appearances...

• Thumbs Up 1