Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I think that was actually due to the lack of ambient lighting for the N64, that caused the darkness in certain areas. Future Hyrule is still going to be a dump.

The thing is; unlike SM64, OOT has ALOT of content that was cut from the game, and I'm not just talking about stuff like the blood and muslim chanting. It certaintly wouldn't hurt the game if they had added stuff like the Light Temple, Temple of Time, Sky Temple, Ice Temple, and using the medailions as items to this remake.

You have to think though, a lot of these might have been cut at VERY different points in development, and OoT's release date was pushed back a fair bit. There's a reason they removed this stuff.

I bring up Valve games in analogies far too often, but they're the only company I know who are so open about their workings so they've all I got: One time people complained saying the beta version of Left 4 Dead looked better and they should fix it up and release it as a proper game. Valve's response? "We did fix it up and release it as a proper game. It's the final version of Left 4 Dead. There was not some magical time where we had a complete game that had different content. If you asked us to finish what we had back then, we would just make the same decisions of what to cut, what to keep and what to change as we did first time and you'd end up with the same game."

I would be very surprised to learn that all the stuff cut from OoT was never utilised in some way. Developers DO recycle. We have probably already played what would have been these temples in the form of Temple Of Time (TP), City In The Sky (TP) and Snowhead Temple (MM). Also the Wind Temple was planned instead of Forest Temple I heard, which probably had many of it's design/puzzle ideas used in Wind Temple (WW).

Also new items means you'd need new things to do with them, or else they'd just make the game unbalanced.

It would have been a lovely surprise for me too for them to add cut content, but you have to be realistic and remember how much work it would be. A complete, fully working game is a fickle thing. Adding just one new element could change the entire thing, cause brand new glitches, make a previous challenge too easy, all that jazz. I'm pretty sure slopping a fresh coat of paint on the game like they choose to instead was no simple task either.

You have to think though, a lot of these might have been cut at VERY different points in development, and OoT's release date was pushed back a fair bit. There's a reason they removed this stuff.

I bring up Valve games in analogies far too often, but they're the only company I know who are so open about their workings so they've all I got: One time people complained saying the beta version of Left 4 Dead looked better and they should fix it up and release it as a proper game. Valve's response? "We did fix it up and release it as a proper game. It's the final version of Left 4 Dead. There was not some magical time where we had a complete game that had different content. If you asked us to finish what we had back then, we would just make the same decisions of what to cut, what to keep and what to change as we did first time and you'd end up with the same game."

I would be very surprised to learn that all the stuff cut from OoT was never utilised in some way. Developers DO recycle. We have probably already played what would have been these temples in the form of Temple Of Time (TP), City In The Sky (TP) and Snowhead Temple (MM). Also the Wind Temple was planned instead of Forest Temple I heard, which probably had many of it's design/puzzle ideas used in Wind Temple (WW).

Also new items means you'd need new things to do with them, or else they'd just make the game unbalanced.

It would have been a lovely surprise for me too for them to add cut content, but you have to be realistic and remember how much work it would be. A complete, fully working game is a fickle thing. Adding just one new element could change the entire thing, cause brand new glitches, make a previous challenge too easy, all that jazz. I'm pretty sure slopping a fresh coat of paint on the game like they choose to instead was no simple task either.

If that's not enough, then Team Beta Force is trying to recreate the prototype for OoT based on these facts. But strangely enough, in Ganon's Tower, the Forest section does have Wind Temple fans, even though the Shadow temple had them.

If that's not enough, then Team Beta Force is trying to recreate the prototype for OoT based on these facts. But strangely enough, in Ganon's Tower, the Forest section does have Wind Temple fans, even though the Shadow temple had them.

Yeah, it was Ganon's Castle's design as well that lead people to believe there was a Light Temple and Ice Temple too (though Ice was presumebly cut later on since the Ice Cavern was able to have it's own resources and such - the Light Temple section does have very generic unthematic puzzles).

Yeah, it was Ganon's Castle's design as well that lead people to believe there was a Light Temple and Ice Temple too (though Ice was presumebly cut later on since the Ice Cavern was able to have it's own resources and such - the Light Temple section does have very generic unthematic puzzles).

And CRF found some more stuff in the game such as The Horse Call and

Which use to look like this:

OoTStalfosHouse.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of cut content, wasn't there going to be like... three or four extra temples in Wind Waker, but they got cut and instead we got the Triforce chart and shard hunt? To be honest I expected them to remake WindWaker before I expected them to remake Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time with extra content would have made me think it was a better choice, but now I'd just rather see Celda in 3D. Still excited for a prettier OoT though, nothings gonna change that.

Speaking of cut content, wasn't there going to be like... three or four extra temples in Wind Waker, but they got cut and instead we got the Triforce chart and shard hunt? To be honest I expected them to remake WindWaker before I expected them to remake Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time with extra content would have made me think it was a better choice, but now I'd just rather see Celda in 3D. Still excited for a prettier OoT though, nothings gonna change that.

Wind Waker was kind of a controversial game(not saying that's a bad thing), whereas Ocarina of Time is almost universally regarded as being the pinnacle of the series. Why would it get remade first?

And yes, it did have at least two cut temples; one meant for the third Pearl in the first half of the game, and another that went with the Wind and Earth temples when you had to restore the Master Sword.

Btw it still looks barren.

Yeah, it does look barren. The indoor areas look best so far.

But I love Link's running animation. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it is just funny to me.

And yes, it did have at least two cut temples; one meant for the third Pearl in the first half of the game, and another that went with the Wind and Earth temples when you had to restore the Master Sword.

I think that 3rd pearl was gonna be inside Jabu(-Jabu)n, just like how the Zora Sapphire was in him in OoT.

I've been thinking, Zelda OOT is the highest reviewed game of all time so does anyone think this remake will be able to live up to that? I highly doubt this game will score perfect scores left and right like the original did back in it's day. Especially considering Nintendo is being lazy and only updating the graphics. I really wish they would have gone the extra mile with this remake. It's nice to play OOT with better graphics, but I really would have appreciated some new content considering I've played this more times then I can remember.

I've been thinking, Zelda OOT is the highest reviewed game of all time so does anyone think this remake will be able to live up to that? I highly doubt this game will score perfect scores left and right like the original did back in it's day. Especially considering Nintendo is being lazy and only updating the graphics. I really wish they would have gone the extra mile with this remake. It's nice to play OOT with better graphics, but I really would have appreciated some new content considering I've played this more times then I can remember.

Didn't Super Mario Galaxy 2 beat it? (I'm only asking this because, I could have sworn I saw articles that said it did. But for all I know, some lower reviews knocked it down a peg. Eh...)

Anyway, I don't think it will unless it retains the original sense of joy that the first one had, and if the 3DS controls feel much improved than the N64's control scheme, IMO. But it's a wait and see, I can't really say. (The VC version of this game might play a card in this as well since it's cheaper and accessible.) Although, unless Nintendo seriously butchers the controls, I still think it'll get high scores though.

Edited by Im Green with YoshiUnity

I think that 3rd pearl was gonna be inside Jabu(-Jabu)n, just like how the Zora Sapphire was in him in OoT.

That's definitely possible. I don't think they would have come up with such a hasty last-minute replacement without reusing SOME assets, so it probably had to do with Jabun.

Didn't Super Mario Galaxy 2 beat it? (I'm only asking this because, I could have sworn I saw articles that said it did. But for all I know, some lower reviews knocked it down a peg. Eh...)

Galaxy 2 did sit at the top for a period, but it's in a close 3rd at the moment.

Although this is all according to Gamerankings. I really have no idea how accurate it is.

Edited by The Soldier

Game's coming in June and new screenshots

Satoru Iwata has announced that Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will be released for Nintendo 3DS in June.

Nintendo's President delivered the news during his keynote address at the Game Developers Conference.

He also revealed the first images for Super Mario 3DS and showed off a Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword trailer.

You can watch the keynote address on Nintendo.com and follow our reaction to all the announcements as they happened on our liveblog.

Is Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D the next game on your shopping list after launch?

New screens are looking nice.

screenshot_35514.jpg

screenshot_35509.jpg

screenshot_35511.jpg

There are a few more in Shadzter's link.

Also, YAY June! 8D Sooner then I expected after all that "not until after E3" talk. It's right after E3.

EDIT: Oh shit, it releases the same day as Nintendo's E3 conference!

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds-all-new-screens

Edited by speedfreak

gEolc.jpg

sZRrI.jpg

I'm so happy they remade it and didn't just re-release it, it really does look beautiful and I can't wait to play it.

Ha, to be fair, it'd take some doing to remake the pre-rendered scenes with the 3D effect considering they're just 2D images with 3D space information coded into them (and certain parts of the picture being on top of others).

But GOSH that is one cosy looking bazaar compared to the derelict original.

sZRrI.jpg

I'm so happy they remade it and didn't just re-release it, it really does look beautiful and I can't wait to play it.

AGREED.

When I saw the screens earlier and then went to go compare them with the N64 game, I was pretty much in awe at just how much better the new version REALLY is. There is so much more life and character into the game so far, which I am really glad to see. I am excited for this! I would also really enjoy it if they were to then go on and do up Majora's Mask as well after this one is released :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe those two screens have been at least once compared to the before-and-after crime scene of a robbery. laugh.gif

Also, Master Quest, as well?! That's... That's awesome!

That's cool that Master Quest is in. It would be cool if it was a new Master Quest thing.

The bazaar looks a lot better. I wish they made the fingers of the characters look better, though. Sheik's hand looks weird.

Holy crap, if there's anything I've noticed about the 3DS version's visuals, it's that they're a LOT more colourful than the original, which is great.

• Thumbs Up 1