Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I've always hated Zelda. Bar TP which I have found to be tolerable, all the games really suck.

FUCK I WANT OOT 3DS (and SS) SO BAD!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 3

I've always hated Zelda. Bar TP which I have found to be tolerable, all the games really suck.

Wat.

Also, at the topic. I have only one thing to say.

H-h-h-h-h-HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

If this turns out to be fake I'm gonna....

;_;

Ocarina of time for 3DS. Can you imagine the scenery and graphics all in 3D? And also, it will most likely be enhanced graphic wise and gameplay wise from the N64 since it is on a 2GB cart, bigger than that of the N64. Massive anticipation here, this game was one that helped build my teenage years when I had it as the bundle pack for the gamecube, including Master Quest.

-Iceman

What.

Funny that you'd like TP more than the others, unless I'm misunderstanding. That's generally the most hated (I thought it was great tbh)

As far as the topic itself, I'm very curious about how the 3D will be implemented. I'm a little frightened of the possibility for the Dead Hands and ReDeads to be in 3D and with much better models... as if they never caused enough nightmares before D:

Nope. TP is the only Zelda game I've ever enjoyed. I especially hate OoT. It's just no fun at all.

Again, FUCK I WANT OOT 3DS AND SS!

(Honestly there's no sarcasm here. I really want OoT 3DS)

Edited by Tropical Resort Zone
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Nope. TP is the only Zelda game I've ever enjoyed. I especially hate OoT. It's just no fun at all.

Again, FUCK I WANT OOT 3DS AND SS!

(Honestly there's no sarcasm here. I really want OoT 3DS)

My mind is full of fuck.

So you think OoT isn't fun, but expect its remake, with most likely more or less the same exact gameplay... to be better?

Wat.

Also, at the topic. I have only one thing to say.

H-h-h-h-h-HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

If this turns out to be fake I'm gonna....

;_;

It's not. The 1up article hotlinks the images from Nintendo's site.

http://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/zelda/3.png

http://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/zelda/4.png

http://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/zelda/5.png

Which have been taken down ;P

Uh ohhhh, methinks we weren't meant to know about this yet....

My mind is full of fuck.

So you think OoT isn't fun, but expect its remake, with most likely more or less the same exact gameplay... to be better?

Not exactly. I like OoT in every way except gameplay. And truth be told, I can probably hold that candle to it being a 64 game. (That's another topic though) Regardless, I have the greatest respect for the Zelda series. It's bloody fantastic, but simply not my cup of tea.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not exactly. I like OoT in every way except gameplay. And truth be told, I can probably hold that candle to it being a 64 game. (That's another topic though) Regardless, I have the greatest respect for the Zelda series. It's bloody fantastic, but simply not my cup of tea.

Ah, well that clears it up a bit. I personally wouldn't have the same mindset about a remake of a game I hated the gameplay of, but to each his own.

I can kinda appreciate what he's saying... I couldn't manage Metroid Prime on the Gamecube because of it's controls, when it came out on the Wii I finally played through it and it became one of my favourite games. The removal of what was holding it back for me allowed me to fully experience it's greatness.

Edited by DistantJ

I can kinda appreciate what he's saying... I couldn't manage Metroid Prime on the Gamecube because of it's controls, when it came out on the Wii I finally played through it and it became one of my favourite games. The removal of what was holding it back for me allowed me to fully experience it's greatness.

Somewhat right there. The N64 controller is abysmal. But it's not just that- games on the 64 tended to be stiff and clunky messes. I feel the same way about SM64, and I positively love 64DS.

well its about time nintendo you should have done this when the DS first came out. but if this is real I will by a 3DS just to play ocarina of time ds( and star fox 64 ds)

hopfully they'll do more N64 remakes on the ds.

games on the 64 tended to be stiff and clunky messes.

Nowadays yes, but in 1997-8 those controls were amazing. Remember that at the time most other 3D games were using d-pads and Resident Evil controls.

Nowadays yes, but in 1997-8 those controls were amazing. Remember that at the time most other 3D games were using d-pads and Resident Evil controls.

Nope, even back then. But that's not the only problem. I just didn't like OoT. But I want it on 3DS even if I don't like it. Can we leave it at that?

Damn, seriously Nintendo stop making me beg for a release date for the 3DS. After seeing the pictures of this, I can only imagine the possibilities for this game with the 3DS capabilities. Damn, just imagine the detail in the Shadow or Water Temple with the depth of field of 3D.

I think Ocarina of Time still controls really well. Yeah, Nintendo 64's controller can be unorthodox, but I liked it. Link moved slow, but really to the degree you'd expect a guy with a huge sword and shield to move, instead of gliding across the ground almost weightless a la Twilight Princess.

Damn, seriously Nintendo stop making me beg for a release date for the 3DS. After seeing the pictures of this, I can only imagine the possibilities for this game with the 3DS capabilities. Damn, just imagine the detail in the Shadow or Water Temple with the depth of field of 3D.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME

D:

• Thumbs Up 2

Small detail from the roundtable (via Gamespot):

He (Aonuma) apologizes for the long time it took to change out of iron boots going through the Water Temple.

He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.

Hey, its almost Space World Link :o Man I want this game so bad. If its a launch title I have no idea what I'm getting >_> Zelda, Starfox, Kid Icarus?! Maybe Kid Icarus because its not a remake :-/, But the other 2 are so important to me >_<

Edited by MarcelloF

I wish I could find my post from ages ago, asking everyone if they'd love to see an OoT remake with better graphics; since most people said no, -_-. Either way, not important, XD.

I'm fucking excited. I can't wait to see what little things have been added or tweaked to enhance the experience, <3. I can see anything from a small change like more skulltulas to maybe big one like an extra dungeon even.

Just glad I decided to hold off on the DSi to buy the 3DS instead. With the games coming out (like this one), it just might be my most played console, =3.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

And maybe a better prize for collecting all the gold Skulltulas (lol, I always call them Skullatas xD) than 500 Rupees >_>

• Thumbs Up 1