Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3 2010

Patticus

If they made a badass star wars game with it, and I'm talking -badass-, then that would be the coolest thing ever. But if its a launch title and its shitty (which it most likely will be) then NO D:. I hope that Milo thing makes its way to Kinect eventually, and I sure hope that other cool games appear on it otherwise I won't get it unless I want to log into my xbox as a very lazy guy. I don't even have to move anymore I can just tell the thing what to do.

Oh god, no! Please do not make massive amounts of shovelware for Natal! It will be very disappointing if they do.

Kinect launch line-up doesn't look very exciting :( -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250778

Other than the star wars game, isn't that just the demos that we saw at last years E3?

The redesign is kinda pointless, I guess the Wi-Fi is a great inclusion, but unless you plan on traveling with your unit a lot, theres not much point in it, I never use the wireless option with my PS3, I wouldn't use it with my Xbox either (if I had one), the connection is far greater/reliable if it's wired.

I think that the third party line-up is going to determine wave/natal/Kinect fate... and since we've got Sonic Riders 3 as one of the hot favourites.... ugh....

Mind you, other than that Fighting game for the PS3's Move, theres little coming for that which makes me go squee.... except for

Edit: Also... I know it's not the same at all, and that it's totally different.

Edited by Gnasher

Jim Sterling's impressions of the Natal Kinect event:

HERP DERP DERP LET'S SPEND ALL THE MONEY THAT HAS EVER BEEN PRINTED IN AMERICA SO WE CAN USE GAME JOURNALISTS AS UNWITTING ACCOMPLICES IN A RIDICULOUS TV COMMERCIAL FOR OUR EYETOY! ALSO, CIRQUE DU SOLEIL!

HERP DERP DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRP!

And in slightly more coherent video form

Edited by Phos

Two more videos, one from USA Today and one Lifestyle video from Microsoft. Kinect Adventures is still named Natal Adventures on the title screen :lol:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250877

Must say I'm not impressed with their ENTIRE focus on the casual crowd with the games shown so far.

Also, it's out November but no price yet.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250862

First official image -

screenshot_232916.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250857

The excessively casual approach is propbably because this was a circe de soelie or whatever show.

Microsoft's actual conference is later tonight yes? That will be where the games are at.

Never thought I would actually have to wait on Microsoft to give me something for the hardcore audience. We knew Natal Kinect was going to be appealed to the masses, but with a lineup like that it seems to be its sole focus.

Microsoft better drop the hammer at their conference, because with a lineup of tech demos, the Kinect probably isn’t going to be worth half its “probable” price at launch.

EDIT: at least the hardware looks pretty though. I'll give it that.

Edited by Gallia

...wait, what? They've changed the name again? At least "Kinect" sounds a bit less like Sony's "Move".

Launch line-up looks extremely weak, at least from a hardcore perspective. All of the stuff being done on Natal Kinect so far can pretty much all be done on the Wii, the only difference will be fancier graphics. So much for Microsoft's huge revolution.

Now all we need is a whopping great price tag and we can deem this the flop of the year! Huzzah.

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

They better actually have some decent games lined up.

Oh, they will no doubt. Maybe even a couple of their usual "me too" announcements, or even the usual 6 months timed exclusive.

I can already see it: Metal Gear Rising, this Fall, only on the 360.

...Kinect required ;D

Launch line-up looks extremely weak, at least from a hardcore perspective. All of the stuff being done on Natal Kinect so far can pretty much all be done on the Wii, the only difference will be fancier graphics. So much for Microsoft's huge revolution.

We still don't know the full launch lineup, just the casualware like Microcats and RARE Sports. Let's wait for the official details at the conference before emitting a verdict.

...wait, what? They've changed the name again? At least "Kinect" sounds a bit less like Sony's "Move".

Wave was only the rumored name. It wasn't actually the real name.

Wow..Kinect? That sounds stupid and th elogo is even worse =.=... Still the Star Wars game seems cool.

Why does everyone complain about the name of a hardware thingie? COME. ON. Wait until the actual games are released that use it! (though it doesn't look promising...however a Star Wars game could be really epic though!).

And yes, Microsoft is having their conference today. I'll be watching it of course and hope they have some nice suprises in store like last year.

PS: The worst name change ever for a console was Revolution to Wii. From awesome to just plain wussy.

PS: The worst name change ever for a console was Revolution to Wii. From awesome to just plain wussy.

Really? I disagree. At first I thopught the same, but after about a month I got so used to the name Wii, I can't imagine them have leaving it Revolution. Wii is a simple name that everyone knows now. Its pretty much an acronym for video game consoles, like Playstation used to be (At least for causual gamers or non-gamers)...

Kinect is just unoriginal and not very creative. When I heard it the first thing I thought was "wasn't there a PS2 game called that?" then I noticed the very "clever" combination of Kinetic and Connect. That took a few second sonly. Kinect doesn'T sound very good at all to me. Maybe I'll get used to it, but at the moment I still think Natal was better. When I hear Natal I think "what's a Natal?" and that make sit interesting...

Just caught up on all on all this Kinect stuff.

Last year I gave MS the edge for "winning" E3 mainly thanks to Natal. Boy...did I get stucked into the hype machine on that. Well, the conference is this afternoon where the big guns will be. Even though I'm on the verge on writing this off before it gets out the door, I'll wait and see what final move they make with this thing.

Jim Sterling's impressions of the Natal Kinect event:

The amount of irony is amazing.

There's a Kinect video from this mornings showcase on Inside Xbox UK on the Xbox 360 dashboard now, looks like Inside Xbox has been redesigned with the new green swirls rebranding that's hit recent box artwork.

Just watching the video on Inside Xbox now of the Cirque De Soleil Kinect event and I'm just laughing :lol: That Star Wars showcase is obviously set up with pre-recorded footage.

Just watching the video on Inside Xbox now of the Cirque De Soleil Kinect event and I'm just laughing :lol: That Star Wars showcase is obviously set up with pre-recorded footage.

I just watched that on YouTube

Kinect is so good, it knows your movements before you make them!

In 50 minutes, the press conference will start!

Starts at 6:30pm GMT not 6:00pm -

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/e3/

I just watched that on YouTube

Kinect is so good, it knows your movements before you make them!

You should sell that line to them to use on Kinect's box at retail :lol:

ITs 6.30 in a few minutes isn't it? oO

Edit: Nevermind GMT is England right? I thought we were in the same time zone :-/ The German site says 50 minutes left, so does that means it starts a 6.25 (Or well actually 24, but that seems weird...)

Edited by MarcelloF