Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3 2010

Patticus

I don't think anyone is amused in the photo.

If all that dancing game does is mimic your movements exactly, what's the point of it existing?

I've been wondering that too. If the game perfectly matches how good you are dancing... why do you need to buy the damn thing in the first place? Just go out dancing.

I think the idea is you start out being terrible, and it trains you.

THEN you go out dancing

If that turns out to be the final confirmed RRP then the UK price will no doubt be £99.99 which is pretty damn expensive for a controller, even one with all that tech.

soncopy.jpg

son2copy.jpg

Even though I'm one of the more positive ones when it comes to Microsoft's conference, I couldn't resist. (Thanks for posting the pictures by the way.) Hell, I might even buy a Kinect sooner at lat-

Later... I'll buy it MUCH later. (If it gets more interesting software and if that price breaks it's legs...)

Edited by YoshiUnity: Larry Butz

Hahahahahha, Microsofts solution to the RRoD is FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Faking your entire conference as well? Oh dear Microsoft.

That article raises a very interesting point as well:

Just why Microsoft would not be desperate to show off the actual product it is launching is a very interesting question.

If that thing is $150 with what the showed at E3 they can go fuck themselves.

^^ This.

Especially as that's just for the peripheral, you've got to buy the games on top of that. And I doubt they'll be cheap seeing as they're "specially made!" or some other poor marketing excuse for MOAR MONIES.

E3 2010 has been a huge fall from grace for Microsoft. Last year they stole the show with Natal, this year the very same product caused them to bomb. HARD.

• Thumbs Up 1

E3 2010 has been a huge fall from grace for Microsoft. Last year they stole the show with Natal, this year the very same product caused them to bomb. HARD.

This. Last year Microsoft suprised everyone with Natal and I couldn't wait to see more of it, but this year has just been a massive dissapointment.

And I'm not going to buy it at that price! =P Otherwise I'll just get it much later on.

If that price is accurate... then lol. The thing doesn't work, every video we've ever seen of it is faked or heavilly flawed. Yet Sony are offering the same thing for a cheaper price, better games and its actually working as it should and as everyone wanted it to.

Also... I couldn't resist it... sorry...

e3ymca.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Just why Microsoft would not be desperate to show off the actual product it is launching is a very interesting question.
Perhaps because they didn't want any embarrassing fuck ups like Miyamoto's Zelda screwing up during the nintendo conference.
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Perhaps because they didn't want any embarrassing fuck ups like Miyamoto's Zelda screwing up during the nintendo conference.

Thing is though. Last year, when Sony showed off move, it was a prototype at best, and it wasn't a very good prototype compared to Natal. At the time all they had was a very basic tech demo showing the 1:1 and the ways the controller could become something else.

Everyone said that Natal looked far more impressive compared to Move...

However, nobody really slagged off Sony or the guys who did the demo because they were totally honest with the system, that it was new, it had bugs and it wasn't yet perfected. They came out of it pretty well. Even the guys over at neogaf gave them an easier time about it than would normally happen.

If MS haddn't faked utterly everything then they might have actually come out a bit better than they did. Yeah it's not 1:1, not it's not as good as our rivals, but this is it and we want you to like it, here is what we have to offer. They would have come out looking so much better than they did.

Miyamoto's Zelda was a total disaster, compared to Sony's Sorcery game it looked like a poor third party title. But nobody is complaining over it (mainly because the 3DS and all the remakes are making people go ape right now). But not many people were complaining at the time, people bought the interferance excuse (if indeed this was the case). But MS' approach to just outright lie and fake the vids, it was never going to work and it was never going to make them come out well....

Mind you... maybe they're not marketing it to people watching E3... but those who will see it in the shops as their first experience and go wow?

If the $150 price tag is true, then that's way too expensive, and they're not being very competitive price-wise.

Miyamoto's Zelda was a total disaster, compared to Sony's Sorcery game it looked like a poor third party title. But nobody is complaining over it (mainly because the 3DS and all the remakes are making people go ape right now). But not many people were complaining at the time, people bought the interferance excuse (if indeed this was the case). But MS' approach to just outright lie and fake the vids, it was never going to work and it was never going to make them come out well....

Noone's complaining because they're too busy fellating nintendo for actually having a conference, exactly right.

I think the problem is Microsoft didn't actually show any real live gameplay at all. It was like a glorified demo reel at the actual conferance. even though they've demo'd it on the floor at it actually works pretty well. Microsoft fucked up big time this year. Atrocious showing for the hardcore gamer.

ladies and gentlemen, may I turn your attention to this new mash-up of Dance Central:

Well, I don't know how to embed, so...

Edited by Mr. Blonde