Awoo.

Who is your least favorite character and why?

agoodusername

Funny thing about my least favorite chsracters is that I actually end up defending them when people want to go on a bashfest. I may not like Big as much, but he's high on my defense list along with Shadow when it comes to keeping the haters at bay.

I really ingrained the whole character potential mentality in my head really deep. Contradicting, wouldn't ya say? :lol:

Lets see.... (Please note: these are just my opinion. If I offend anyone by whats here, I apologise in advance)

Cream! Why do you ask? Play her story in Sonic Battle. Its basically

Emerl: Robots are tring to kill us!

Cream: Oh no, they're killing me!

Emerl: I'll save you!

Cream: No don't hurt them! Violence is wrong!

Sonic Battle made me loathe Cream to no end.

Big! He's crammed in everywhere and just doesn't do anything for me. Chronicles said they'd make hima little bit smarter. does having an idea of a group hug sound smart? No. I don't know who in Sega got it into their skulls that he's popular, but stop it!

Chris! Grrrr. I really liked Sonic X. It could have been perfect. yet they added a rich, possessive brat in. How can we relate to that Psycho?

I don't like the Babylons much either, but hell they're alot more bearable in Zero gravity than the guys above. Strange how the ones I hate are all best buddies in Sonic X......

Don't worry, I make it perfectly clear in my topic's that it's all opinionated, I always say, who is "YOUR" favorite character, and always say in my opinion, however, people do tend to take what I say and twist it into something hateful, (which is slightly ironic cause I'm listening to Dream Theater's 'In the Name of God' which is about twisting religion into violence, somewhat similar into twisting words that a person say's into violence) so if anyone is going to be offended in this topic then they either should have A.) not even posted in here, or B.) need to understand that that this is purely opinionated

Dare I say it, Metal Sonic? Can't stand him. He's inexplicably tied to Sonic CD. Easily the main game in the Sonic series that doesn't deserve anywhere near as much credit as it does. He's also done little to nothing since then that's worth mentioning.

His actions in Sonic Heroes only made him (and the game itself) seem worse than I originally perceived. Shadow the Hedgehog has done everything Metal Sonic has and more yet he's the one who is inexplicably hated most of the time by the fanbase. It pisses me off.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

His actions in Sonic Heroes only made him (and the game itself) seem worse than I originally perceived. Shadow the Hedgehog has done everything Metal Sonic has and more yet he's the one who is inexplicably hated most of the time by the fanbase. It pisses me off.

With all due respect, Shadow's game was what led to him being hated like that.

Although that still doesn't take away how much more destructive Shadow was compared to Metal Sonic.

Amy Rose

Big the Cat

Wave the Swallow

Amy Rose

Vector the Crocodile

Amy Rose

Big the Cat

Amy Rose

They're just annoyingly one-dimensional characters who I could easily do without, really.

Amy must be more than a one-dimensional character since you consider her as 4 different people. ;)

Having said that here is my list:

In the games:

- Cream: serves no real purpose in games, no saying it couldn't serve it, but right now SEGA just wastes time and space everytime she shows up.

- Jet: I just find him annoying.

- Silver: I think he overreacts a little too much. =/

In the Archieverse:

- Sally: there is something I never liked about her, maybe I feel a little awkward to see a characther that I (technically) never saw in the games take such a protagonic role, I know it may be a silly reason, but it seems to be a big deal to me. :P

- Fiona: I just plain don't like her, it seems to be a character made for that purpose so maybe it's not really a problem, I still despise her though.

Sonic X

I haven't watched a lot of the anime, but I readed some of the comics and I don't think I need to mention Him. <_<

I'm talking about Chris BTW.

I think that's all.

Metropolis Zone

SCREW YOU, GUYS IT COUNTS.

I think Metropolis Zone is a pretty cool guy, eh kills you while eh plays unfitting music and doesn't afraid of anything

Edited by imarafan

For me it would have to be Cream the Rabbit. My main problem here is that she doesn't really do anything important, and when she does do something important it is something that another character could've done/has done already but to a better quality. She isn't very good in terms of character either, all that is known about her is that she tries to be a goody two shoes constantly and....that's about it.

Amy was pretty annoying up until Unleashed, however if I explained why I'd be repeating what others in this thread have already said.

I think Metropolis Zone is a pretty cool guy, eh kills you while eh plays unfitting music and doesn't afraid of anything

No, no. Fuck Metropolis Zone...

Actually, fuck the Labyrinth Zone. Fucking zone. :lol:

;; I kinda like lil' Labyrinth Zone....

Anyways, I used to have a fervent loathing of Cream, partly because I don't go for the "cute, innocent little girl" stereotype. Compounded with her lack of achievements and her weirdly skyrocketing popularity back then, I failed to be fond of her. But she's been so absent recently that it's really difficult to even care anymore. However, that same loathing is starting to shift over to those two. You know exactly who I'm talking about: Metal Sonic and Fang The Sniper. Why? For nearly the same reason as Cream-- The level of positive reception these two jokers have somehow managed to garner over the years is directly proportional with just how little they've actually accomplished in the games. Fang is more of a stereotype than an actual character, and somehow Metal Sonic has snagged the honor of being Sonic's greatest rival despite the fact that I don't think he's even canonically landed a hit on the guy. It's right aggravating to see these two paraded around as paragons of anything, especially that biologically-impossible, purple-y pointy thingie. Stay back in the mid-90s where you belong! xP

Sonic X: It's already been said a thousand times, Chris. He was actually the only character I hated, I even liked Cosmo and Hawk.

Only character I'd ever hate is Chris. He just seems poorly done in the series, and plain annoying sometimes.

Oh ahahaha! Everyone will say Chris if we're talking about all the different universes. But you know, it's best to forget about Chris, Sonia, Sally and the rest of that crap.

If we're not talking the games, then Chris of course, if we are talking the games then Chip, hell Chip too for non-games, also the werehog....and the guy that thought of the werehog and whoever thought of Sonic Unleashed, that person is the worst character ever!~

Chris! Grrrr. I really liked Sonic X. It could have been perfect. yet they added a rich, possessive brat in. How can we relate to that Psycho?

Sonic X

I haven't watched a lot of the anime, but I readed some of the comics and I don't think I need to mention Him. <_<

I'm talking about Chris BTW.

everybody hateschris.png

Personally I hate Elise just a tad more for actually being in the games.

Edited by Dat Blossum Bat Guy
  • Thumbs Up 6

Silver.

I hate a lot of characters in the Sonic games. Shadow, Big, Rouge, Amy, Omega, Cream....I could go on. But I can actually see myself liking these characters if they were better. It's not their personality types or existences that I hate, but the way they are handled. With good writing, proper utilization, and perhaps some better voice work, I would be cool with all of the characters I dislike.

Expect Silver.

Better voice work, utlization, and writing would definitely make him more tolerable. What he has to work with right is pretty abysmal. But I don't think I could ever truly like him. Why?

His design.

It's just horrid IMO. It's like they were trying to slap a bunch of features from Shadow on him but make him look completely unique at the same time. End result was an eyesore. I can't really imagine Silver looking decent without taking away what makes him Silver either.

everybody hateschris.png

Thank you, now there is diet coke on my floor and I still can't quit laughing at that picture. Time to make it a T-Shirt. Wait, actually, one of the moderators should take this picture and post it as the new banner for the SSMB or there could be an everybody hates chris theme for the website

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of hatred toward Cream, well I mean, there could be a reason she hasn't accomplished much, wasn't she made exclusively for Sonic X but SEGA wanted to promote the anime so they requested Cream be put in Sonic Advance 2? I heard that from a friend once and I don't know if it's true, could someone clarify? I like to think of her as the Waluigi of Sonic the Hedgehog, just popping up at random moments, not really serving much of a purpose outside of Heroes and Advance 2. We need more Sonic characters like that...oh wait...

Edited by Edge

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of hatred toward Cream, well I mean, there could be a reason she hasn't accomplished much, wasn't she made exclusively for Sonic X but SEGA wanted to promote the anime so they requested Cream be put in Sonic Advance 2? I heard that from a friend once and I don't know if it's true, could someone clarify? I like to think of her as the Waluigi of Sonic the Hedgehog, just popping up at random moments, not really serving much of a purpose outside of Heroes and Advance 2. We need more Sonic characters like that...oh wait...

It did strike me as a "Why isn't she Amy?" moment. Really, she had more point in Sonic Rush than in her debut game.

Well, save that awesome Cheese attack. Aced all the boss battles with that.

Play Sonic Chronicles and you'll find exactly what you want

I'm a huge fan of Chronicles, it's actually why I said that. The only effective use of Omega I've seen in the series. It's silly to me that the other characters never acknowledge how over the top he is. He should be more like a funny Dalek to make up for Johnny Five thing Gamma had over him. A funny Dalek.

Edited by Dabnikz

I'm a huge fan of Chronicles, it's actually why I said that. The only effective use of Omega I've seen in the series. It's silly to me that the other characters never acknowledge how over the top he is. He should be more like a funny Dalek to make up for Johnny Five thing Gamma had over him. A funny Dalek.

Well, it is of course a bioware game, and it is also a different Sonic Universe altogether in a way, so it is why Sonic & co. act out of character in the game. So I wouldn't exactly expect to see Omega act like the funny guy, because I mean, isn't that kind of what Sonic is for? Of course, we haven't seen Omega since 2008 so we may not actually see him anytime soon...

Oooh! What fun! I love these topics, I'm pretty good at disliking stuff! *shot*

Knuckles

I know many of you may look at me sideways but I HATE Knuckles. I hate how mindlessly gullible he is. He's the stupid, strong fool of the Sonic series. I honestly don't see his appeal.

Big the Cat

Big is the embodiment of everything that does NOT need to be in Sonic. A fat, slow, mentally retarded cat who fishes. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Everything about this character makes me angry to the point where I wish I could slap the Sonic Team for making such a character. Also, it's bad enough there's fishing (which I hate in real life), but fishing in this game is just NOT fun! Some games do fishing well, not Sonic Adventure though!

...but more than the two of them put together I really hate THE BABYLON ROGUES!!!!

Those stupid alien-bird-genies! I normally do well with the excessive characters (I even like Marine the Raccoon), but I wonder why do they even exist! And why are they alien-bird-genies!!?!?!

Oooh! What fun! I love these topics, I'm pretty good at disliking stuff! *shot*

Knuckles

I know many of you may look at me sideways but I HATE Knuckles. I hate how mindlessly gullible he is. He's the stupid, strong fool of the Sonic series. I honestly don't see his appeal.

Not trying to make you like Knuckles, but I should point out that Knuckles wasn't always a dumbass. This is a case of the horrible Post-SA2 Effect. As Tails became more useless, Robotnik became more incompetent, and Amy became more of a stalker... Knuckles became more of a retard.

You see, yes, even back then he was gullible, but "gullible" and "stupid" are two different things - Knuckles may be easily tricked (by the same guy no less), but in the old days (especially S3&K) he was still sneaky and clever, and even knew a fair bit about the world and the Chaos Emeralds (and of course the Master Emerald). It's not that he was dumb, he was roughly as smart as Sonic, maybe even moreso - it's just the combination of him distrusting others and living on a lonely floating island that renders him...well, pawn fodder for moustached villains. But make no mistake, he was still far more than your typical "strong dumb dude", just like how Tails was more than your typical "smart weak kid".

Then Heroes came and ruined everything.

Does the Werehog count? If so then him, mainly because he was a slower Sonic whom had somewhat feelings for Amy XD (when Amy said she didn't recognize him he seemed sad) and Yes I'm labeling the Werehog as a separate entity from Sonic himself.

Not trying to make you like Knuckles, but I should point out that Knuckles wasn't always a dumbass. This is a case of the horrible Post-SA2 Effect. As Tails became more useless, Robotnik became more incompetent, and Amy became more of a stalker... Knuckles became more of a retard.

You see, yes, even back then he was gullible, but "gullible" and "stupid" are two different things - Knuckles may be easily tricked (by the same guy no less), but in the old days (especially S3&K) he was still sneaky and clever, and even knew a fair bit about the world and the Chaos Emeralds (and of course the Master Emerald). It's not that he was dumb, he was roughly as smart as Sonic, maybe even moreso - it's just the combination of him distrusting others and living on a lonely floating island that renders him...well, pawn fodder for moustached villains. But make no mistake, he was still far more than your typical "strong dumb dude", just like how Tails was more than your typical "smart weak kid".

Then Heroes came and ruined everything.

Actually, Knuckles only really seemed like a strong dumb dude in Adventure, Adventure 2, Riders maybe, possibly Chronicles to an extent, Rush, and depending on your views the storybook games

Tails seemed like a smart weak kid in the beginning of Adventure, his constant yelling of "SONIC!" when he dies in SA2, in Rush, Rush Adventure, Unleashed, and depending on your views the storybook games

Of course, these are just how I feel about the subject

Actually, Knuckles only really seemed like a strong dumb dude in Adventure, Adventure 2, Riders maybe, possibly Chronicles to an extent, Rush, and depending on your views the storybook games

Tails seemed like a smart weak kid in the beginning of Adventure, his constant yelling of "SONIC!" when he dies in SA2, in Rush, Rush Adventure, Unleashed, and depending on your views the storybook games

Of course, these are just how I feel about the subject

I see what you mean, but I was referring to how, even in the Adventure days, Knuckles and Tails were more than just the usual required "strong dumb" and "smart weak". Knuckles had his history and knowledge about Angel Island and was still sneaky and clever, and Tails gained more independence and kicked as much ass as Sonic and Co, proving that he was as strong as he was smart.

Cue Heroes and everything afterwards, in which Knuckles gets angry even more easily and punches rocks all day and charges into battle without thinking, and Tails became a Sonic cheerleader and only fixed machines whenever it was necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is one character which I absolutely despise, and that's...

Silver.

*shudder*

Pot head. Whiny voice. Has a confusing personality (one minute he is naive, then he's an asshole). Oh, and he's WAY over powered.

I only like his theme song... Orz

Edited by Holland

I see what you mean, but I was referring to how, even in the Adventure days, Knuckles and Tails were more than just the usual required "strong dumb" and "smart weak". Knuckles had his history and knowledge about Angel Island and was still sneaky and clever, and Tails gained more independence and kicked as much ass as Sonic and Co, proving that he was as strong as he was smart.

Cue Heroes and everything afterwards, in which Knuckles gets angry even more easily and punches rocks all day and charges into battle without thinking, and Tails became a Sonic cheerleader and only fixed machines whenever it was necessary.

I think you mean starting with Sonic Battle. I mean, they didn't do any of that in Sonic Heroes... of course I think it only majorly happened in Sonic X and then since the kiddies liked it, it bled into the real series.

Despite being a notorious hater who gonna hate, after thinking at length on this topic, I have come to a realization: I don't hate any of the games' characters anymore.

I think I've reacted to the introduction of almost every new character since Sonic Adventure 2 with some measure of ire and loathing, but it quickly dies off as I tire of expending emotional energy hating a fictional character. I believe I'm genuinely indifferent to the majority of the cast now. I don't really have a "least favorite"—Anybody not named Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic, or Gamma now sits in an equally lukewarm pool of my indifference.

The same cannot be said for extraneous continuities, though. I'll take a ticket for the Chris Hate Bus.

The same cannot be said for extraneous continuities, though. I'll take a ticket for the Chris Hate Bus.

Welcome to the back of the bus... It's gonna be a loooooong drive.

Edited by Edge