Awoo.

Sonic 4 Previews in new OXM UK and GamesMaster

Detective Shadzter

Just got back from the local ASDA and noticed the new issues of Official Xbox Magazine UK and GamesMaster both have previews of Sonic 4 in them. I don't have the £3.99 (GamesMaster) and £5.99(OXM UK) to spare until a week on Friday so I wondered if anyone else has these mags or can afford to get them and scan them up?

Just got back from the local ASDA and noticed the new issues of Official Xbox Magazine UK and GamesMaster both have previews of Sonic 4 in them. I don't have the £3.99 (GamesMaster) and £5.99(OXM UK) to spare until a week on Friday so I wondered if anyone else has these mags or can afford to get them and scan them up?

Wow sweet I must go to Asda straight away XDD and I thought OXM was about £3:99 oh well this is a must buy magzine for me then =D

Wow sweet I must go to Asda straight away XDD and I thought OXM was about £3:99 oh well this is a must buy magzine for me then =D

Nope for some reason ONM is £3.99 but OXM and OPM are £5.99, they're probably charging you £2 extra for the demo disc they come with.

I'll nip out to Sainsbury's in a minute. Thanks for the heads up!

No probs ;)

EDIT:

Each mag had a screenshot on the back of their packaging but they looked like ones we've already seen of Splash Hill Zone. Hopefully inside the magazine they have some new ones or at least new info.

Okay, I'm back. Just about to open them up.

OXM

- Each act has a different mix of the same track (as always)

- 4 new screens

Games Master

- They call 'Totodile' 'Tatodile'. Wrong game

A still from the trailer, a picture of Emerald Hill in Sonic 2 and two quotes from the GameSpot interview. Will take you approximately 3 to 4 seconds to read the entire articles and look at the pics.

All done. AREN'T YOU ALL SUPER EXCITED AFTER THAT GAMES MASTER ARTICLE?!!!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

OXM

Track? As in "music track"?

So like Sonic 3 we'll have a different spin on the music in each zone, but unlike Sonic 3 we'll have 3 acts and thus 3 versions of the zone music?

Also, scans plz! :D

So like Sonic 3 we'll have a different spin on the music in each zone, but unlike Sonic 3 we'll have 3 acts and thus 3 versions of the zone music?

Also, scans plz! :D

Assumedly. Dammit I know that's not a word.

And I never promised you guys scans! I'll get when possible, but I don't have easy access to a scanner.

Edited by Blue Blood

This is what I hate about UK gaming mags except ONM, they feature a Sonic game that's in development on the front or back of the packaging like its a big highlight of the magazine and then you spend £3.99-£5.99 to buy it then take it home and you find it's just a small section of the magazine with barely any new info/screens if any at all. I don't follow other games so closely but woudn't be surprised if they do this with those too.

Thanks for getting them Blue Blood, appreciate it even though just like with me many times in the past they've ripped you off >_<

No worries. I buy them now and again regardless cause I like the reads.

mario-sonic-at-the-olympic-games-20070711012452237.jpg

It has to be this v.png

Fixed

Also I'd like to see scans if they really do have new screens. Is it all SHZ still?

Still all Splash Hill, and nothing overly amazing. Seeing new screens of a 2D game is so much less interesting than seeing ones from a 3D game.

Okay, I'm back. Just about to open them up.

OXM

- 4 new screens

Games Master

- They call 'Totodile' 'Tatodile'. Wrong game

A still from the trailer, a picture of Emerald Hill in Sonic 2 and two quotes from the GameSpot interview. Will take you approximately 3 to 4 seconds to read the entire articles and look at the pics.

All done. AREN'T YOU ALL SUPER EXCITED AFTER THAT GAMES MASTER ARTICLE?!!!

Someone is :lol: The smallest things are news worthy to him *facepalm*

I checked all the other gaming mags while I was down there such as NGamer, Xbox World 360, PSM, Play, OPM and X360 but nothing Sonic 4 on their packaging.

I forgot if other screens showed it already, but one of the OXM ones confirmed that Pocky is back. He's the little bunny. While grey in the old games, he's blue in this much like in all the old art.

I forgot if other screens showed it already, but one of the OXM ones confirmed that Pocky is back. He's the little bunny. While grey in the old games, he's blue in this much like in all the old art.

Cool, it's good to see all the old trapped animals back. Hope the animal filled capsules are back after winning boss battles, I used to like jumping on the button and make Sonic, Tails and Knuckles do their edge balancing animation on it while the time, rings and score were being calculated :lol:

EDIT:

Blue Blood, me and Barry the Nomad or Doctor Eggman as he is known here have just told Tristan he should credit you for the info. He says Sumo Digital committed plagiarism but look at him.

:edit Dr Eggman ninja'd me there XD

Hey shadz, Tristan aint gonna listen to your comments on that news since he removed your comments off it, so I take it he not gunna credit SSMB for this find the ginger twat

Edited by Crash

Hey shadz, Tristan aint gonna listen to your comments on that news since he removed your comments off it, so I take it he not gunna credit SSMB for this find the ginger twat

Well he said that he's going to try to "get scans from these sources" so he's probably browsing right now. Let's ask him.

Hey Tristan, why didn't you credit Blue Blood?

Eh the big dummy blocked me from his comments box. Whatever.

Oh hi Blood Blue. Thanks for the info.

Edited by II Sora II