Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Ahh yes, as painful as dying, Patrick Troughtan (spelling), Slyvester McCoy and David Tennant showed us that.

As for Jack, I dunno, I like him and that ofcourse and I think there really is plenty of room for him, like maybe the Doctor could be on Star Ship UK or somthing and just bump into him, that sort of thing.

I'd rather like to see Captain Jack get a series or two showing his intergalactic bender following the last mini-series of Torchwood, mixed perhaps with stints on Doctor Who; hell, maybe he'll meet the Doctor's Daughter and they'll both have adventures together. In fact, I'm not sure I really want Torchwood back, it feels to me like that show has run its course and there's not a need (right now anyway) for another.

I really don't want Torchwood back personally, I hardly liked any of the characters, and pretty much the only one left is Gwen, who I really don't like at all. Most of Torchwood seemed really tacky, annoying "Doctor Who for adults" stuff that was completely unnecessary 9/10 of the time.

Really I just want Jack to be recurring in Doctor Who. No need for all the (sub-par) spin-offs!

Edited by BritishLink

...but Jack still has so many gaps to fill.

Oh. God. Innuendo.

Hey, this is Captain Jack we're talking about! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh. God. Innuendo.

Hey, this is Captain Jack we're talking about! :lol:

Hahaha, I actually thought about that after I wrote it, and had to think twice. :D

In the end I posted it anyway to see if anyone else "got" it.

I really don't want Torchwood back personally, I hardly liked any of the characters, and pretty much the only one left is Gwen, who I really don't like at all. Most of Torchwood seemed really tacky, annoying "Doctor Who for adults" stuff that was completely unnecessary 9/10 of the time.

Out of interest, did you watch the last 'series' (if you can call it that) of Torchwood; the one that ran over five consecutive nights one week last summer?

I thought that that was far and away the best Torchwood made yet. It was intense, exciting, the plot twists and turns you couldn't easily predict, and it dealt with things like British politicians a lot better than shit like Doctor Who (under RTD) had. It was RTDs best work since the Who episode titled 'Midnight', which is saying something because a: Midnight was a brilliant piece of science fiction, and b: RTD isn't a great writer most of the time. I can't count the number of duff episodes that man has come out with (or been responsible for).

Out of interest, did you watch the last 'series' (if you can call it that) of Torchwood; the one that ran over five consecutive nights one week last summer?

Yeah I watched it and thought it was far better than the rest of Torchwood.

I still think it was far too depressing, doomsday stuff, especially the last two episodes, that just wouldn't have happened if The Doctor was around.

Basically it made me rage a bit at the incompetence and I just wished even harder for the next episode of Doctor Who to come out so he could slap everyone involved like the bitches they were.

I'm still waiting.

I guess I just love the whole "Noone dies, I'm going to defeat anything somehow with my incredible intellectual ability" thing The Doctor has going on. It's times where The Doctor acts like justice in its purest form, that's when I like the series the most.

[/babble]

Edited by BritishLink

I still think it was far too depressing, doomsday stuff, especially the last two episodes, that just wouldn't have happened if The Doctor was around.

That's exactly what RTD was going for; a much darker look at the Doctor Who universe, where the Doctor can't be around to save us every time something goes wrong. It wasn't supposed to be a light-hearted 'everybody lives' thing, and I think it ended up being better for it.

That's exactly what RTD was going for; a much darker look at the Doctor Who universe, where the Doctor can't be around to save us every time something goes wrong. It wasn't supposed to be a light-hearted 'everybody lives' thing, and I think it ended up being better for it.

Yeah I can see that, but, how do I explain it...

It's like, if the Torchwood series didn't exist, none of this depressing stuff would happen.

With a character like The Doctor in this series' universe, everyone else feels so useless it's almost like they're doing more harm than good.

And I know that's intentional, but it pisses me off.

I must admit, I've not bothered with any of the Doctor Who spinoffs at all. D:

I must admit, I've not bothered with any of the Doctor Who spinoffs at all. D:

You're not missing much tbh >>

Just a couple of good characters surrounded by more annoying side characters than ever.

Torchwood, for the most part, has been guff, but the last five episode-long series was cracking telly and I really do recommend it. It's a lot better than a majority of RTD-era Doctor Who episodes.

Torchwood, for the most part, has been guff, but the last five episode-long series was cracking telly and I really do recommend it. It's a lot better than a majority of RTD-era Doctor Who episodes.

I was quite suprised that we never gave that series it's own topic on here. It really was amazing television. I did a lot of stuff that good science fiction should do, one point that I loved was the question as to "Who were the evil aliens?" The aliens in that series were named something like "The 616" Not sure, it was a number of some kind. But the actions of the humans was far more sinister, the 616 couldn't help it, they were addicted to drugs, the humans however, they knew what they were doing and they were ready to sacrifice their own children to prevent their own distruction.

There was a lot of rumours around at the time that the Doctor would make a cameo in the final episode, mainly because of Gwens dialogue about "Sometimes the doctor must look at this planet, and turn away in shame." I did want to see a scene near the end that showed either the Tardis in space above the earth or some indication that the Doctor had been watching and had seen everything as it unfolded.

There was a lot of rumours around at the time that the Doctor would make a cameo in the final episode, mainly because of Gwens dialogue about "Sometimes the doctor must look at this planet, and turn away in shame." I did want to see a scene near the end that showed either the Tardis in space above the earth or some indication that the Doctor had been watching and had seen everything as it unfolded.

At the time, you have no idea how badly I wanted The Doctor to be in the final episode in some way.

Like I said earlier too, he probably knew what happened, and I really want to see his reaction. It's not the kind of thing he can just ignore or forget about forever... and if he did, it would make the series seem almost non-canon.

Personally, I think we can take the Doctor's visiting Captain Jack in the space-bar he was dousing himself with extra-terrestrial drinks in as a sign that he was aware on some level of what had happened. Remember? When Tennant's Doctor knew the end of his generation's life was near and visited some of the most significant figures in his recent life.

Well, Im done with Series 1 and I'm on Episode 2 of Series 2. The tenth Doctor as a bit stronger accent than the ninth.

Well, Im done with Series 1 and I'm on Episode 2 of Series 2. The tenth Doctor as a bit stronger accent than the ninth.

I didn't have a problem with his accent so much as I did with the combination of his tendency to speak incredibly fast and the blaring background music. I recommend subtitles, if you haven't already been using them. They're only necessary occasionally, but when they are they're really necessary.

^ Sadly, I'm watching it on Netflix via Wii, so no subtitles for me.

To my Southern English mind having any trouble understanding what Tennant is saying ever is an alien concept. O_o

Oh, accents, you are such silly things sometimes.

The funny thing is, Tennant is incredibly Scottish but his English accent whilst playing the Doctor is brilliant.

He's very well spoken :D I love his Scottish accent too.

The funny thing is, Tennant is incredibly Scottish but his English accent whilst playing the Doctor is brilliant.

He's very well spoken :D I love his Scottish accent too.

Yeah, Tennant does his English accent very well. Unless you've heard his Scottish accent, you wouldn't know he's putting it on.

Oh, and the irony of Tooth and Claw - The Doctor, with Tennant's put-on English accent, puts on a Scottish accent which is actually Tennant's real accent... wibbly wobbly timey wimey... paradox... thing. :P

And sorry to bring the topic of regeneration back up, but I have some things to say about it. I've heard that the 13 regeneration limit will be dealt with this series, here's the exact rumour I've heard:

In Episode 11 (rumoured to be called "The Lodger"), The Doctor explains to James Corden's character that Time Lords have 13 lives (or, as Corden puts it, '11 players and 2 substitutes' - he plays a football fan, after all). Whether or not The Doctor goes on to explain any resolution to this limit, for example if in the Time War everyone was granted with infinite regenereations ("this song is ending, but the story never ends"?), I do not know.

I'm sure they'll find some way around it if and when the time comes. I mean, there's plenty of possibilities for random explanations - they could either make a big deal about it, or they could just skim over it like the 13 lives limit never existed.

I have no idea if this is based on the real Doctor Who fiction or not, but nevertheless, it is very interesting...

http://answers.wikia.com/wiki/What_is_the_pandorica

She uncovered the primal Matrix of life from which Time Lords were 'Loomed' when their regenerations were spent and they were made anew

Maybe he just... starts again after generation 13.

Amy's Choice synopsis

It's been five years since Amy Pond last travelled with the Doctor, and when he lands in her garden again, on the eve of the birth of her first child, she finds herself facing a heartbreaking choice – one that will change her life for ever.

Images, nabbed from GAF

24zg9bc.jpg

33xa446.jpg

Amy's Choice synopsis

It's been five years since Amy Pond last travelled with the Doctor, and when he lands in her garden again, on the eve of the birth of her first child, she finds herself facing a heartbreaking choice – one that will change her life for ever.

Images, nabbed from GAF

24zg9bc.jpg

33xa446.jpg

Well... thats certainly going to be an interesting episode....

Amy's Choice synopsis

You call that a synopsis? This is a synopsis:

Its five years since Amy and Rory travelled with the Doctor. They're back living in Leadworth, and Amy is pregnant. Rory has grown a ponytail. Life is good, if a little humdrum. Until the Doctor drops by for a visit.

And then they wake up. In the TARDIS, the Doctor, Amy and Rory have had exactly the same dream. But the TARDIS has died, and it's drifting towards a cold star- just 14 minutes till impact! If they don't freeze to death.

And then they wake up. Two worlds: one in the time machine, one in the village that time forgot. One real, the other fake. You're home. You're also dreaming. Trouble is, Rory, Amy, which is which? Their lives depend on making the right choice. But time is running out.

(From Doctor Who Magazine)

:P

Also a spoilerific pic from the Series 5 trailer of the baddy in this episode:

DW_Series_5_Trailer_5_076.jpg

The Dream Lord!