Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Am I the only one who was a little jealous of Amy's advances on the Doctor? Damn I want me a foxy ginger...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to put out there the idea that the ending wasn't Amy being serious, which is what I'm thinking/hoping for, because it was just so... random O.o Through the last two episodes I'd been thinking that the Doctor and Amy made a pretty cool duo (and the obvious romantic hints were there too, but nothing like that), and then there's this curveball out of nowhere... O.o

But other than the utterly insane ending, I quite liked the episode. I like story arcs for the series - they tie episodes together nicely, but they're only as good as long as only a few earlier episodes are deeply related to them. Them sharing a fair bit of the plot here was okay, as long as they have more to reveal in the finale.

Also hoping that the obviousness of who River killed was deliberately there for a plot twist later on... She did say she was there when the Pandorica opens, so maybe someone else important was there *crosses fingers*. The Angels moving I both did and didn't like (I thought becoming a statue was a disguise when seen, not simply they were moving statues when unseen - though it was nicely done and a part I liked), and I've decided I really do like Matt Smith as the Doctor. Individuality is showing and it has my approval :P

Storyline erasing: sometimes it's necessary as an alternative to brain bleach, other times it actually works with the plot :3

Am I the only one who was a little jealous of Amy's advances on the Doctor? Damn I want me a foxy ginger...

No, I don't think you were the only one. ;) As out of place the scene may have seemed, a part of me secretly thinks it was the best part of the whole episode. Karen Gillan instantly makes anything more interesting, especially THAT kind of scene! :P

This situation is making Amy's Choice all the more intriguing now... she has to make a decision, which is presumably whether she stays with Rory and her baby or goes off with The Doctor again. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks!

That angel in question was caught in the light, it was removed from time. So the Doctor had his jacket on because the angel never grabbed him or took his jacket. [/sonic 06]

Then why wasn't the Doctor wearing his jacket for the rest of the episode? [/anti-Sonic '06 brigade] :P

Because that was before it didn't exist any more

Then why wasn't the Doctor wearing his jacket for the rest of the episode? [/anti-Sonic '06 brigade] :P

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

The Moffat answer to everything :P

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

The Moffat answer to everything :P

I go "ding" when there's stuff.

:lol::lol::blink::lol:

Can you also boil an egg at thirty paces? ;)

I've never tried... maybe I should see a Doctor... :D

3 answers.

1: Because it can only affect living things, otherwise the communicators would also have been removed from time.

2: Who the fuck cares.

3: I wish Amy Pond would make advances on me.

I agree.

I thought that little scene was really funny and it made me like Amy more.

I've never tried... maybe I should see a Doctor... :D

I advise you to stay away from hens in the meantime then. It's not pretty when they blow. :D

I too LOVED the ending scene. It was so damn funny and who cares if they've done the girl falling in love with the doctor before? Do you really expect every single companion to be utterly different? Frankly Amy couldn't be more different than Martha or Rose put together, at least she actually does something about it instead of jumping around it a looking all wistful when she thinks about how lovely the Doctor is.

She isn't a slut by a longshot. Plus come on, look at who she's marrying. It's pretty obvious she's not that into him. I get the feeling we'll be learning more about their relationship next week.

The only thing that bothered me with this episode was the angels seemed to be able to move while looking at each other, which is something contradicted by the ending to Blink.

But wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

I loved that bit when they started moving. That was the first time in this two parter I was on the edge of my seat. Really made me uneasy because I loved the idea of us finally getting to see them move, but at the same time knew it would never happen. Then it did and I was like "urrrghghhhhh". Something really tense about that, especially because Amy was softly crying through the whole thing (as you would).

We better get a damn soundtrack this year. I adored the piano music that played when Amy was alone in the forest.

Definately my favourite episode so far this series.

We better get a damn soundtrack this year. I adored the piano music that played when Amy was alone in the forest.

Listening to the old soundtracks after the episode wasn't the same. We need a soundtrack and we need it now.

I agree. I've loved the series' music so far, particularly The Eleventh Doctor's theme and the music from the start of The Eleventh Hour, with the TARDIS crashing towards London.

Fingers crossed, eh? I know I'd buy it for sure.

(If only for the inevitable lovely picture of Karen Gillan on the cover)

I agree. I've loved the series' music so far, particularly The Eleventh Doctor's theme and the music from the start of The Eleventh Hour, with the TARDIS crashing towards London.

Fingers crossed, eh? I know I'd buy it for sure.

(If only for the inevitable lovely picture of Karen Gillan on the cover)

For sure. 8D I can't express how much I love the tune that plays as he hops back into the TARDIS when she's a kid enough.

Eyeball sighted.

2qnwljs.jpg

I thought there was something amiss with that screen in the image, but couldn't place my finger on it until it was pointed out.

Loved the implication made by River Song that

her first encounter with the Doctor is when he dies (er, is killed by her), as his first encounter with her is when she "dies".

"The End of the World" was much better than "Rose". Some parts were predectible, but I never expected that

Cassandra, the "last human" was the villian.

It's getting better and better :D.

Edited by Sinnoh

Are you my mummy?

"The End of the World" was much better than "Rose". Some parts were predectible, but I never expected that

Cassandra, the "last human" was the villian.

Bloody hell, what country are you in? D: That's a serious case of 'behind' there.

Or are you only just getting into the series now via DVD/ reruns or whatever?

Bloody hell, what country are you in? D: That's a serious case of 'behind' there.

Or are you only just getting into the series now via DVD/ reruns or whatever?

I just started dude XD. I live in the U.S, so it's not as popular over here.

I too LOVED the ending scene. It was so damn funny and who cares if they've done the girl falling in love with the doctor before? Do you really expect every single companion to be utterly different? Frankly Amy couldn't be more different than Martha or Rose put together, at least she actually does something about it instead of jumping around it a looking all wistful when she thinks about how lovely the Doctor is.

She isn't a slut by a longshot. Plus come on, look at who she's marrying. It's pretty obvious she's not that into him. I get the feeling we'll be learning more about their relationship next week.

Come on, she was a kissogram in the first ep. D: Also, 'into' her fiancé or not, if she wasn't into him then she shouldn't have agreed to marry him in the first place. D: Certainly not an excuse to want/ have a fling with The Doctor the night before her wedding, for crying out loud. D:

Just noticed that I ended every sentence there with 'D:'.

D:

Edited by Mahzes

Just noticed that I ended every sentence there with 'D:'.

D:

D:

Loved the implication made by River Song that...

Very interesting when I think about it that way...

In any case I doubt we'll be seeing River again in this series. Do you think her final appearance will be when Matt Smith's role is over? Or will he "die" like Tennant first did (i.e. the whole thing with the hand)?

Also do you think that for River, the next time she sees him is in the Library? Because she seems like she's a completely different person at that point... being a professor and all. Also how can the Doctor trust her with things like his real name if... well you know where I'm going? All these questions are probably completely intentional. Dammit xD

It's kinda sad to think that after Smith dies there can only be two more Doctors. Afaik he can only regenerate 12 times, meaning the Thirteenth Doctor will be the last.