Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

Not sure if this i known about yet but I just noticed that you can see the full render of Sonic from the logo on theSEGA website game page. I like it a lot, looks more cartoony when you can see the whole thing and more so than previous renders to me, big feet, rounder belly and pretty short. Yup, I approve.

I agree, it looks really cool. Although the pose looks a bit like Unleashed's (with the hand on the hip and all). Not a bad thing, though- I love Unleashed's promo model!

Is it just me, or do his arms look a bit... long.

I agree, it looks really cool. Although the pose looks a bit like Unleashed's (with the hand on the hip and all). Not a bad thing, though- I love Unleashed's promo model!

Is it just me, or do his arms look a bit... long.

First bold

*Looks at Unleashed Poster on the wall*

yeah his pose is very similar to his unleashed pose from the promos after looking at my Unleashed poster I got from ONM but they do look alike very much :)

Second bold

No not really looks normal not long at all look at Sonic 06 model then say which arms of his are long then haha :P

Second bold

No not really looks normal not long at all look at Sonic 06 model then say which arms of his are long then haha :P

Ha, I guess you are right! When I first looked at it, it appeared like his arms would stretch down past his shoes when relaxed- like Lanky Kong! :lol:

Edited by BlazingTales

Here's a lineup of Sonic 1-4, the 4 pose is a mix between 1&2:

sonic1234.jpg

I even played Frankenstein and stuck the Sonic 1 head and torso on the Sonic 2 legs:

sonic124.jpg

See?

NVL5LlX2Fy9TK8T73cWp12DqxmO6Ly7N.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

sonic124.jpg

See?

NVL5LlX2Fy9TK8T73cWp12DqxmO6Ly7N.jpg

Not bad, Doc; they're almost identical. the only real difference is the fact that Sonic has his hip out a bit & his head tilted to the left in the sonic 4 render. Other than that it's the exact same pose!

Edited by slam422
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only real difference is that the pose is adapted Sonic's newer physique. On the one hand I'm like "Classic Sonic is so brilliant why did they change him? D=" and then on the other I'm like "But he looks so cool now!". The only problem with the new design (now that we're seeing it mimic classic poses) is that I don't know which design I'd rather have in any given game.

Pff, Modern Sonic pulls off the "Hello, I am super badass." better than the Classic design. All the classic design has is the cute factor, and Sonic is a fucking blue hedgehog who runs super fast and saves the world, cute does not help this and neither does being super fat.

I mean Classic Sonic in that pose is like all "TSK. I am SO sassy"

Moden Sonic is all "Sup niggas, I'm Sonic. Me > You. Get over it and smash shit."

• Thumbs Up 2

...Sonic the Hedgehog 4 websites taken offline. Going to them brings up 404... IS this because something bad happened...? ;_; I really hope something or another don't stop them from developing this... Geh...

Edited by Dusk the Wicked Keeper

...Sonic the Hedgehog 4 websites taken offline. Going to them brings up 404... IS this because something bad happened...? ;_; I really hope something or another don't stop them from developing this... Geh...

Hmm that strange since i'm on the Sonic 4 site right now and it seems alright for me:S

wu17de.jpg

Edited by Foxy Boy

that strange since i'm on the Sonic 4 site seems alright for me:S

wu17de.jpg

Try opening up a different tab and going to the website though. If you go to the english site you get a 404, when you try going to http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com the domain name is no longer there.

Try opening up a different tab and going to the website though. If you go to the english site you get a 404, when you try going to http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com the domain name is no longer there.

Yeah that kinda strange they taken that down, they must have a reason behind why it's been taken down hopefully not stopped developing it since the game looks pretty tight & fun and i'm looking forward to buying it on day 1 :). But if they stopped developing just because all of these leaks well i'm gunna lose all faith in Sega pulls a Sonic X-treme on us :(

I'm pretty sure it would take more than a few leaks for them to throw all that hard work away, so no need to worry hopefully. :)

I heard that SOA had a power outage recently, so maybe it's something to do with that?

It's only the U.S. site that's down, both the UK and AU site's are fine.

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/en/

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/au/index.html

EDIT:

If you enter the U.S. site via the other two you can access it and get the below address which works fine.

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/us/index.html

It's only the U.S. site that's down, both the UK and AU site's are fine.

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/en/

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/au/index.html

EDIT:

If you enter the U.S. site via the other two you can access it and get the below address which works fine.

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/us/index.html

The power outage at SoA last night could be why the site is down though normal means at the moment. Should be normal soon.

Ermmm Guys I dunno if this is a mess up but...well check this out where i've but a black (very crap)box around

2qx446e.jpg

Now that was not there before I think they are going to do updates soon if that is happening to it, is it happening to any of you ????

Ermmm Guys I dunno if this is a mess up but...well check this out where i've but a black (very crap)box around

2qx446e.jpg

Now that was not there before I think they are going to do updates soon if that is happening to it, is it happening to any of you ????

Showing up as normal for me on all 3 UK, AU and U.S. sites. Just noticed you're using Firefox, I'm using IE but I'll go try Firefox myself.

EDIT:

Showing as normal for me on all 3 sites in Firefox too.

That box, and the one beneath quickly flash like in Foxy Boy's picture upon loading, but change shortly afterwards. There's nothing there- it is just to do with the page loading. If you want to see it, reset your cache so the page loads slower.

We kinda got a update from RubyEclipse about the website from Sega Forums, it's a day old but meh [Where I crossed it out we already know about]

The website is still there - the redirect at sonicthehedgehog4.com is being transferred. (I just got done talking with some people here to find out what's going on, and to make sure it was being looked into and fixed.)

I know everyone is eager for some Sonic 4 news - especially something that you haven't seen or heard of before - and that time is not far off. Stick around, because we're going to be kicking things into high gear very soon. smile.gif

Hmmm I wonder what we haven't seen or heard yet they gonna show us, we have pretty much seen everything in the leak videos and images [Avatar clothing] so I'm not quite sure what they will show us new :/.

That's more website specific... on the community side, we've got much bigger plans than a simple trailer. wink.gif

To be fair... this is Sonic the Hedgehog 4 we're talking about here. This is our first chance in almost fifteen years to prove to people that 2D Sonic is the direction the older fans want to see. Perfection will take time, but I - and many others here at SEGA - are going all-out to help this game succeed.

I wonder what will be bigger plans are than a simple trailer.....game release date or being released XD what would be quite awesome =]

Something we haven't seen before? Hmm. We haven't seen the remaining 6 special stages yet!

If Ruby is saying what it sounds like he's saying, then I'd be really surprised. Chances are he's not though, cause it's not exactly like we're supposed to have seen everything...

Edited by Blue Blood

To be fair... this is Sonic the Hedgehog 4 we're talking about here. This is our first chance in almost fifteen years to prove to people that 2D Sonic is the direction the older fans want to see. Perfection will take time, but I - and many others here at SEGA - are going all-out to help this game succeed.

Er... I'm not exaclty sure what Ruby means here, but I hope he's not implying that 2D will be the direction Sonic's stuck in if this game's successful.

I also wonder what he means when he says "bigger plans than a simple trailer". What could possibly be bigger than a trailer? I would guess demo, but I think XBLA/PSN games only have demos released on the day the actual game is released.

Edited by gamerguy21

Super hard mode? *beaten to death with a copy of Sonic Heroes*