Awoo.

Vanquish

Sega DogTagz

The Disk launcher is now my favorite weapon (Hi, I'm the disk launcher's melee attack, say goodby to half your health and your legs even though I'm overheating) and after a bunch of tries I was able to beat the challenge. These two things might be related. Choping of large enemy's limbs also makes them much easier to deal with, especially the guys with flamethrowers who overheat you.

Question: If you pre-ordered, do you get the Tri-Weapon pack as well or only if pre-ordered during August?

Edited by turbojet

Word is Vanquish, like Bayonetta before it, has classic SEGA games referenced in it. No word on what the games are or how their implemented this time, but I hadn't thought about that strangely and that is awesome.

Word is Vanquish, like Bayonetta before it, has classic SEGA games referenced in it. No word on what the games are or how their implemented this time, but I hadn't thought about that strangely and that is awesome.

I am instantly remind of one particularly lengthy reference from 'Netta that Vanquish would do well to be without (that stage dragged on soooooo far).

It almost makes me wish that references were kept to the dialog, but I'd kill to be able to put Sam through a loop-de-loop. Seriously. Do it Platinum. Instant GOTY.

The more Platinum makes games the more I start thinking that they might possibly be Gainax rejects who had more of a forte in game design, because so far they seem to be the game equivalent of it.

I love Platinum.

The more Platinum makes games the more I start thinking that they might possibly be Gainax rejects who had more of a forte in game design, because so far they seem to be the game equivalent of it.

I love Platinum.

Their foundation is just built on awesome people, from the father of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, the talent that single handily started Mega Man 2 and worked as the heart in a lot of Capcom classics, the team behind games like God Hand, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, and Okami and many other peoples. A truly awesome team I am glad SEGA knew to pick up quickly and fund their creative endeavors.

I am looking forward to Vanquish and since they've covered several genres, I am hoping that their next game is either an Adventure game or Survival-Horror game.

Damn...that free Bayonetta deal seems TOO good to pass up. I loved the first demo, but I've yet to play the second. I really shouldn't, but...*goes to pre-order*

I just went on a big gaming spending spree so I'll be missing out on this one for a while (picked up Bayonetta, Darksiders, BlazBlue: CS, and Halo: Reach as well as MS points for Makoto in BBCS). However I'll probably get it around Christmas time, which is when I actually will have time for gaming again anyway. Yay!

So I finally played the demo and really liked it. I wasn't good, though. Maybe I have to get used to it. It took me forever to beat the boss, because I didn't see the thing on his back xD

So it turns out I'm going to be getting this! Looks like it's a birthday pressie thats on pre-order for me. And yes it's the play.com bayonetta combo! Groovy! Really looking forward to this one, I wonder if the bayonetta pack will be some kind of combo pack or if it'll be just a seperately boxed game? Only they must know that people will trade these in?

Hmmm... this game is out tomorrow, which means that I need to preorder today (I gotta stop holding out for pre-order bonuses). Can the US take advantage of the Bayonetta combo deal, or should I just stick with the weapon pack?

Oh yeah.... and the IGN review is a go

I have the game and no, SDT, the deal is only for Europe. Fuck!

Oh well. I still have the tri-weapon pack and I can't wait to play the game.

I have the game and no, SDT, the deal is only for Europe. Fuck!

Oh well. I still have the tri-weapon pack and I can't wait to play the game.

I picked up the game last night. I haven't gotten that far in yet (about mission 7) but what I've been through so far is badass. Also, to those of you concerned with difficulty, there's a hard mode that you don't even need to unlock.

Ouch...a 5.0 from Destructoid...I still want this game.

When it comes to the game's mechanics, it definitely sounds more like just whining that the game's too hard on his part. But everything else I'll agree with. I certainly wasn't grabbed by whatever hooks Platinum used to nab everyone else praising the game from my impressions of the demo.

Ouch...a 5.0 from Destructoid...I still want this game.

The one-hit KO attacks are easily dodgable. The lasers give you an ample amount of time to boost away when you hear them charge up and the large missiles that the Romonovs fire are extremely slow and make a loud sound when they approach you. I can tell you that even on normal mode, it's pretty hard. The key is knowing where to be and when; you can't just boost into the enemies hands and expect to beat all of of them in five seconds. Even when behind cover, they can easily jump over it. At the same time, you can't be too far because the enemies are extremely fast and tough to hit from a long distance without a sniper rifle (which are pretty weak on large enemies, even when leveled up.)

I also really like how smoothly the story is set up. The levels aren't seperated by loading screens and cutscenes only appear for story purposes, not as a transitional device.

And I don't get what the viewers have against the corny dialogue- Sam and Burns' snaps at each other are always fun to watch. One of the things I love about Platinum's games is that you never know whether the game wants to be serious or not and it just encompasses the best of both worlds. Here, you have a traditional video game story about a futuristic escalation of the cold war,

yet there's an instance where you travel up an elevator and find a robot boom box and other robots dancing to it. Why? Just fucking 'cause.

Edited by SuperStingray