Awoo.

Vanquish

Sega DogTagz

GameTrailers just unleashed our first look at Platinum Games newest title. I gotta say, with the creator of the Resident Evil, Shinji Mikami, at the helm of this one….. I didn’t exactly see this coming.

Behold

GT Trailer

I Spoiler'ed the rest of my comments so people can make their own first impressions. (ain't I nice biggrin.gif ) I implore those of you in the second and third post in this topic to do the same. Nobody likes a spoiler.

Yeah…. It’s a shooter. A futuristic battle-suit shooter. Gotta say, I expected something a bit more, outside of the box, and the trailer doesn’t really give much of a hint as to what this game will have that will set it apart from the saturated market.

- MadWorld was a 3D blood and gore beat-em-up for the Wii.

- Bayonetta revels in its own excess

What does this one have? (besides a really sweet looking suit).

Still, if Platinum has done anything, it has been consistent with the great titles. I will give this opening trailer a pass and wait on this games hook. I trust the studio enough that they will have something to blow me away with when the time comes to issue a second look.

For now, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

looks pretty though.

EDIT: Getting serious RPG vibes from this (although that could just be Mass Effect talking). Upgrading the suit might just be the pull for this one. At the very least Platinum seems to be attempting to "up" their value with a shooter before Sega gets a chance to buy them. This game will pretty much decide whether or not the next contract offer will be big, or huuuuuge.

Update

SnooPING around P*'s website reveals the same trailer with a "credit reel" on the end. It confirms that this game is a Sega production, making it officially the last of the 4 games in the original Sega/Platinum agreement.

P* Vanquish

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh woow, another sci-fi shooter

I like the trailer, but it looks like it's going to be sci-fi FPS #1,780,086...you get the point. It's like Halo and Crysis put together, and so I'm not expecting too much.

Although I can't tell how it'll really be, but my first impressions of the game aren't exactly expecting something revolutionary here.

I'll reserve judgement until more info is out.

This looks similar to Mikami's P.N.03 for GameCube. Perhaps the man will finally be able to bring some genuine style to the FPS, something the west has singularly failed to do for years. Definitely one to watch, this.

Oh woow, another sci-fi shooter

I like the trailer, but it looks like it's going to be sci-fi FPS #1,780,086...you get the point. It's like Halo and Crysis put together, and so I'm not expecting too much.

Although I can't tell how it'll really be, but my first impressions of the game aren't exactly expecting something revolutionary here.

Doubters doubters doubters. I seem to remember similar doubts over Bayonetta when it was announced from you CSS, and look how that turned out, bro! 10/10s all around!

Platinum games + Mikami is a recipe for success. Interesting to see him making a game that's actually marketable for once. although the trailer tells us nothing apart from some interesting art design, I'm still excited regardless. Should be very interesting lads.

I just wish there was some gameplay footage. we virtually know nothing about this

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, that armor was like a really sleek spartan armor...WHICH IS KICKASS.

Totally looking forward to this, even if showed no gameplay I have no doubts or reason to :D

Well our main hero seems to be working for Darpa: http://www.darpa.mil/

And in the trailer he appears to be fighting robots, their heads are disproportionate to humans and they have robotic limbs.

Just an observation.

Edited by Dusk the Fragile Keeper

yeah, noticed the enemy forces were very mechanical. folding out like transformers and shit. Could possibly be aliens- they have a space laser after all but I'm not entirely convinced of ruling out some bond villain on earth somewhere, either.

The US seems very infested with whatever they are too, all sorts of them flying around in the brige shot.

I'm not entirely convinced it's a FPS, or at least not a traditional one. Not alot of shooty in the trailer, more awkward stumbling around then anything else, lot of dramatic stuff, not action stuff.

perhaps, an RE4 sequel!?!

Doubters doubters doubters. I seem to remember similar doubts over Bayonetta when it was announced from you CSS, and look how that turned out, bro! 10/10s all around!

Really? Because I fully remember saying I was never even doubting Bayonetta would be a good game. And as a matter of fact Remz, I was actually excited for Bayonetta when it was announced. The only thing I said about it was on the QTEs in how they would likely lessen my experience and would prefer them to not be in the game. I remember that perfectly. ;)

Also I knew more about how Bayonetta (which I haven't played yet mind you) would play than this game, so I don't even see how this is comparing to my thoughts on Bayonetta. While there is no gameplay, there are plenty of things in there that give me reason to guess that it's going to be another sci-fi FPS like plenty of games before it from it's first impression upon me. Of course I'm don't know what it'll really be in the end.

But I'll say once again that I'll reserve judgement until I get more info. I'm not one to make full assumptions upon a simple guess, just so you know. B)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

(Never doubted Bayonetta either)

From the moment both were related, not even the Nintendo fan in me could look forward to MadWorld, Bayonetta was where it was at.

And unfortunately I can't say I'm looking forward to this, then again I have no idea what I was expecting. (So we'll see!)

When it comes to Capcom/Clover/Platinum, Kamiya is my man, and from what I'm gathered he's already delivered. Hopefully I'll be finally playing Bayonetta by the end of the day.

Edited by SuperLink

And as a matter of fact Remz, I was actually excited for Bayonetta when it was announced. The only thing I said about it was on the QTEs in how they would likely lessen my experience and would prefer them to not be in the game. I remember that perfectly.
you doubted she wouldn't be cooler then dante, she WAS man she WAS.

not enough faith in the Bayo in my book!! you need complete BELIEF in the GLORY

But I'll say once again that I'll reserve judgement until I get more info. I'm not one to make full assumptions upon a simple guess, just so you know.

Fair enough. not like the trailer actually showed much of anything- only thing we can really do is speculate and wait.

When it comes to Capcom/Clover/Platinum, Kamiya is my man, and from what I'm gathered he's already delivered.

Mikami did glorious work at Capcom and Clover

I'm not entirely convinced it's a FPS, or at least not a traditional one. Not alot of shooty in the trailer, more awkward stumbling around then anything else, lot of dramatic stuff, not action stuff.

The suit was definably the focus of the trailer, leading me to beleive that the core mechanics of the game will involve customization and upgrading. There certainly is alot of room to roam in that territory.

Whether this turns out to be an FPS or 3PS remains to be seen.

Knowing P* is behind this, its kinda weird to have doubt in my mind. On one hand, I should just be praising anything they get their hands on, and on the other hand a shooter is a cash cow, leaving room for a sell-out....

meh, time will tell. I am interested in where they can take this one.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

You mileage may vary, of course, because, IMO, she's pretty much on Dante's level. Very damn cool in her own way, as cool as Dante, no more, no less, I think. Of course, I have rather high standards in awesomeness. I'm a Gurren Lagann fan.

Anyway, this... I am unsure. I mean, we haven't even gotten any actual in-game footage. It could practically be many things.

Edited by The Sniper

The suit was definably the focus of the trailer, leading me to beleive that the core mechanics of the game will involve customization and upgrading. There certainly is alot of room to roam in that territory.

Upgrades, or just the abilities of the existing suit, ala Crysis?

I suppose the weapon upgrades were in RE4 yeah? you might be right man

Mikami did glorious work at Capcom and Clover

Not doubt'n he did man, besides he made Resident Evil 4, the only TPS-type-adventure-thing I've ever actually really really liked.

I just prefer Kamiya's games (generally quite vastly). KAMIYA IS MY MAN.

Oh yes, I did...at first.

But after seeing a video of her action, I went ahead and said she was cooler than Dante after I said that there would be no way anyone could top him. Don't you remember? Here's the exact page and post. Read it and weep, sucka! :P

Well I go by my own standards, Remz. Not yours.

So sorry if I don't meet them. B)

Fair enough. not like the trailer actually showed much of anything- only thing we can really do is speculate and wait.

I'd be a fool and in denial if I didn't say that the trailer was really great. But aside from that, shooters are starting to become overused in my book. I'd have to see something really great to think otherwise for this game, or atleast something worthwhile of it.

And for I'll I could know, this game might not even be like your usual shooter. Who knows? But on first sight, Halo and Crysis come to my mind for this game.

Oh yes, I did...at first.

EXACTLY.

Well I go by my own standards, Remz. Not yours.

So sorry if I don't meet them. B)

you and I both. :( you poor soul

Not doubt'n he did man, besides he made Resident Evil 4, the only TPS-type-adventure-thing I've ever actually really really liked.

I just prefer Kamiya's games (generally quite vastly). KAMIYA IS MY MAN.

Understood. Kamiya kicks ass

EXACTLY.

Nope, not exactly. Just like this game, Bayonetta was somewhere early in development when I made that thought, and I wasn't the only one who thought that way either. My first thoughts don't carry so much weight over what I thought in the end. It's not exactly a fair thing to use against someone, you know? :D

you and I both. :( you poor soul

Poor? :lol:

You must have me confused with someone else, I'm living divinely over here. I appreciate the concern tho. B)

Regarding Mikami,, a man on another forum said this

the dude is mozart. i don't contend that there are some very competent salieris out there, but when mozart sits down to write his new symphony, you just fucking listen.

it is true

Epic trailer is epic, definitely keeping an eye on this one. Sucks no platforms were revealed.

Epic trailer is epic, definitely keeping an eye on this one. Sucks no platforms were revealed.

Leaked SEGA docs pointed to it being a PSP/PS3 game, as weird as it sounds. So I'd say it'll end up on the HD twins for sure, with maybe a portable version ala Dante's Inferno.

Looks like a generic shooter. I am not saying the game will be bad can't tell at the moment, but my first impression is simply meh. The video game industry needs to start getting some new writers. Tired of seeing super bad ass war soldier vs alien games. I mean they're good every now and then but so damn many. >.<

Looks like a generic shooter. I am not saying the game will be bad can't tell at the moment, but my first impression is simply meh. The video game industry needs to start getting some new writers. Tired of seeing super bad ass war soldier vs alien games. I mean they're good every now and then but so damn many. >.<

But these super bad ass war soldier vs alien games are vastly outnumbered by omgrealistic WWII/MODERN FIGHTAR shooter titles, really in general the shooter genre is a lot like the RPG genre in the fact that there is a crapload of everything in each genre that it all starts to run together after a while :P

I tell you what would be original.

An FPS with "sugoi kawaii uguu desu ne~" characters.

Make it happen Mikami.

looks far more like District 9 then Generic sci fi to me, anyway.

District 9's array of alien weaponry was simply outstanding. I really want them to find their way into games.