Awoo.

RUMOR: Sonic Toys Party To Be Called Sonic Rumble, Announcement Imminent

nuckles87

• Sonic News

SEGA's worst kept secret of 2024, Sonic Toys Party, will seemingly be getting announced soon with a brand new name: Sonic Rumble. This rumor, as usual, comes to us via renowned SEGA & Atlus leaker Midori. They confirmed that the game will be revealed soon and already has a website. Sonic Rumble was one of many names being considered by developers, with Sonic Rumble Party being another

After having its existence revealed by Midori months ago and multiple videos leaked by someone else, we already have a pretty good idea of what Sonic Rumble is: a Fall Guys-like mobile title with dozens of playable Sonic characters and a focus on cosmetics and chao that act as boosters.

We can probably expect an announcement sometime next week, but whenever it happens, be sure to keep coming back to Sonic Stadium for all the latest!

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the game's original name and logo design I imagine the change was made to keep Disney's lawyers off their backs.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Given the game's original name and logo design I imagine the change was made to keep Disney's lawyers off their backs.

Perhaps.  It's not unusual for games to have in-development codenames that are never intended to be used at retail.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just got up, so I read this as it was canceled.:ded:

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Toys Party is a hilariously bad name, part of me wishes it stayed (not that it was ever going to). Let's, uh, get ready to Rumble I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny, Pokemon Rumble is also a subseries about toys fighting each other.

9 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Doubtful. I think that @Salamanderis more likely to be on the money with this. Games titles often come relatively late in development with the help of marketing and localisation teams, and reflecting the final vision of the product. Officially, there is no product called "Sonic Toys Party" yet, and probably never will be. Just like there was never a "Sonic Orion", "Sonic Rangers" or (in the west) "Sonic World Adventure". Chances are that "Toys Party" wasn't considered to be a potential title for the game. 

Also look at it from another perspective; Disney don't have any claim to the phrase "Toys Party". All SEGA would have to do is modify the logo that we've seen in leaks and there would instantly be no connection to Toy Story whatsoever. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this the original artwork for the game?!...

GM1gG-nWoAAGVOT?format=jpg&name=small

• Absolutely 1

20 minutes ago, Vlad the Vampire said:

Is this the original artwork for the game?!...

GM1gG-nWoAAGVOT?format=jpg&name=small

Surely not! It looks AI generated!

Posted (edited)

well well well

chrome - 2024.06.05, 18 22 32.png

Edited by Nemutron
added funni text
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nemutron said:

chrome - 2024.06.05, 18 22 32.png

Yes, more needed on that. Cant even pre order it at the mo / shop around for super duper bonus versions 

“Toys Party” may be used as the Japanese market name similar to “World Adventure” or “Sonic Toon”, with “Rumble” being a more “appealing/hardcore” name for international audiences. And again, legal reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

It's heeeeere: 

Edited by SolidSurgeTT
Didn't embed
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.png.027467aea2b4a6c28b8665f5bad5ba50.png

I guess I'll give it a try when it's out

• Chuckle 1