Awoo.

RUMOR: Is Tomorrow's Announcement Named Sonic x Shadow Generations? New URL Suggests So

GX -The Spindash-

In a month absolutely full to bursting with leaks and rumors, we've got some interesting details in favor of the alleged Sonic Generations project expected to be announced during tomorrow's Playstation State of Play.

Twitter user @MbKKssTBhz5 (whom has claimed a number of leaks this month) brought attention to a possible title for the game "Sonic x Shadow Generations" via a recently registered URL:

At time of writing, the URL itself leads to a 403 error page, but with a bit of due diligence, we found that the owner of this URL is using an identity masking service. This is the same masking service currently managing the URL sonicsuperstars.com, or at least one that has the exact same contact data.

Further, sonicthehedgehog.com itself is registered to SEGA Europe in the UK, where this masking service is also based. And to top it all off, this domain was registered January 9, long before this leak became public.

image.thumb.png.e1c09683fb90b42d0107a8c4e6fb96f8.pngimage.thumb.png.56933c7aa021e7432e96333c3a84546c.png

The original leak hinted at some degree of Shadow content attached to a Generations remaster, and if all these clues point to what we think they are, it looks like the content is significant enough to put his name in the title. Given Shadow's role in this December's Sonic 3 film, 2024 is quickly turning into the year of Shadow.

For comparison, Shadow had a noteworthy but minor roll in the original Sonic Generations, acting as a Rival boss battle that evoked the Sonic vs. Shadow final boss fight of Sonic Adventure 2.

It's still unclear what role Shadow would or could play in a Generations remake/remaster/re...port(?) but perhaps this will bring us one step closer to having a nonsensical, timeline-defying Classic Shadow.

Tip credited to TheAnonymousPotatoLady on Discord.

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 1

Ouch, that title hurts. I really hope it's just a placeholder or, better yet, that this rumour is a load of hot air.

I guessed it would be something to capitalise on Shadow being in the third movie. I'm not sure why they decided to do Generations rather than a distinctly Shadowier game like Adventure 2; maybe they thought SA2 would be too much effort to update and/or is too "retro" for the movie's core demographic?

As for what I'm feeling about these remasters, it stung enough when Colours got butchered to capitalise on the first movie and stung even more when the classic quadrilogy got murdered to capitalise on the second - Sega, you guys don't have to assassinate Generations as well!

Edited by ShadowXeldron
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Sonic X Shadow Generations"? OK. That's a cool title. But, hopefully the new Sonic Generations game might gonna announced during tomorrow's PlayStation's State of Play stream. If not, I gonna cry.

• Thumbs Up 1

What a weird and janky choice, to make a game about Sonic's history with two different interpretations of Sonic to be partly about Shadow now.  Vaguely reminiscent of some Nintendo updated releases, like Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions.

• Thumbs Up 3

Get ready people, we got bunch of more characters coming through!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic x Shadow Generations & Knuckles :chuckle:

Jokes aside...just give us a Shadow The Hedgehog remake and / or sequel (minus the bike and guns)

Edited by castell-neath
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Unamused 1

Seems like a generations remake with some added Shadow content? Maybe it’ll have a couple extra Shadow focused levels, like Radical Highway, Westopolis, or something from episode Shadow. Sounds like it could be fun. Here’s to hoping it’s well made. (Insert obligatory comment about Colors Ultimate)

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't say it's the greatest name, however a remaster of Sonic Generations would be quite welcome.  Especially if it means we get to play other characters like Shadow.

2 hours ago, ShadowXeldron said:

As for what I'm feeling about these remasters, it stung enough when Colours got butchered to capitalise on the first movie and stung even more when the classic quadrilogy got murdered to capitalise on the second - Sega, you guys don't have to assassinate Generations as well!

While I'm not fond of the idea of a Generations remaster with Shadow content lazily tacked on either and you're completely right about Colors, I have to disagree that SEGA and Headcannon did a horrible job with Sonic Origins Plus. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that I prefer it over both Mega Collection Plus and Sonic Jam despite the lack of MJ soundtrack and Museum/bonus features I still like to this day. (Like Sonic World or the Sonic Archie Comic gallery.)

53 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

Sonic x Shadow Generations & Knuckles :chuckle:

Jokes aside...just give us a Shadow The Hedgehog remake and / or sequel (minus the bike and guns)

Cmon at least let him have his bike.

Edited by The Swordsman
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

This seeming less and less like a remaster and more like a sequel. Fingers crossed. Praying The Office GIF

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's great, but I think we're going to have a DLC, like the Super Mario 3D world game with its Bowser's Fury DLC. Call me crazy but I think it will be something like that, anyway we have to wait for it to be announced tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Knight Terror said:

This seeming less and less like a remaster and more like a sequel. Fingers crossed. Praying The Office GIF

We already got a sequel to Generations. It's called Sonic Forces and it was rubbish!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Unamused 1

Man, that's an unfortunate title.

Don't go searching that up on any site or search engine, kids. Especially not Twitter.

• Chuckle 3
  • Absolutely 1

now ik this might happen but there's a 0.01% chance tails might be playable in the next game

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Don't go searching that up on any site or search engine, kids. Especially not Twitter.

Or do its mostly results about Shadow in Sonic X.

14 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

We already got a sequel to Generations. It's called Sonic Forces and it was rubbish!

Sonic forces lives rent free in peoples heads. The game is almost 7 at this point, let it go.

These rumors keep getting weirder and weirder. Sonic Generations was already an odd choice to remake, and then now with this news, it's just...what? What is happening right now?

Would be cool if it has additional story and levels. And heck, the last time Shadow's been playable in a mainline game was 7 years ago in Sonic Forces, so that would be nice to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Knight Terror said:

Sonic forces lives rent free in peoples heads. The game is almost 7 at this point, let it go.

Oh yeah! I will totally forgive that game for turning my boi Tails into a coward!

That's why I can't let it go!

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

5 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Oh yeah! I will totally forgive that game for turning my boi Tails into a coward!

That's why I can't let it go!

:unamused:

It was one scene. Grow a thicker skin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Unamused 3

11 minutes ago, fink said:

did not have SEGA-sanctioned sonic x shadow on my 2024 bingo card 😳

Wdym? We already had Sonic Prime S3 🤔

Spoiler

joking, joking

Dunno what to expect from this. The concept of shoehorning Shadow content into a game that was supposed to celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary is just bizarre.

At the same time, it's hard to be against adding content to a game that was severely lacking in it the first time around, so...something is better than nothing, I guess?

Edited by PC the Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 3

Maybe we will get more playable characters/levels since Shadow is in the title.

• Thumbs Up 3