Awoo.

RUMOR: Is Tomorrow's Announcement Named Sonic x Shadow Generations? New URL Suggests So

GX -The Spindash-

If this is a Colours Ultimate situation, think they'll redo the soundtrack again? 

10 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

If this is a Colours Ultimate situation, think they'll redo the soundtrack again? 

Huh. We'd get remixes of remixes.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this is true, I hope it doesn't suck and/or remove the whole point of the game. If it is good, well then this is awesome for me!! (haha did my pfp tell you something??)

3 hours ago, NightFire said:

Maybe we will get more playable characters/levels since Shadow is in the title.

Episode Blaze when?😅

Haven't played generations before, so this'll be a good chance to see what all the fuss is about this game. Plus having Shadow play a bigger role in this game already has me excited enough for me to purchase day one.

Wonder what the scale of the inclusion of Shadow will be. I'm thinking something like Episode Shadow in Forces.

So I’m thinking it’s not a Gens port but Cyber Space: The Game. They’ve already got most of the speed stages ported over to Frontiers, give them the original art design and it’s done. Story will be like simple, a Biolizard boss remake like Perfect Chaos, some extra content like concept art, cosmetics, new remixes. £39.99.

19 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Oh yeah! I will totally forgive that game for turning my boi Tails into a coward!

That's why I can't let it go!

Yeah this moment in Forces was just the worst

OvMsEVD.thumb.png.fea48f16a3b39821297280341d1ac3ec.png

22 hours ago, Knight Terror said:

:unamused:

It was one scene. Grow a thicker skin.

In a giant list of Forces' problems with continuity.

2 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Yeah this moment in Forces was just the worst

OvMsEVD.thumb.png.fea48f16a3b39821297280341d1ac3ec.png

Stop being disingenuous, you know just as well as I do that circumstances were very different. Forces has him cower against the illusion of a foe that he has already beat in a stronger form, Unleashed has him against Dark Gaia which constantly spawns monsters at night, (so its likely Tails fought some and they just kept coming) and inspires a sense of hopelessness and despair. Its why Ian felt the need to address this twice, once in the IDW comics and another in Frontiers.

Maybe there's an imaginary Tails fight scene against infinitely-respawning Phantoms in Forces too so it's fine

Edited by Shaddy Zaphod

Well...that wasn't very clear.

There's Black Doom and Biolizard and...I guess Final Chase and Radical Highway...?

My guess is it's something like Bowser's Fury. A separate Shadow campaign.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Maybe there's an imaginary Tails fight scene against infinitely-respawning Phantoms in Forces too so it's fine

We actively see multiple Dark Gaia spawn, while Infinite himself is required to create more copies and he is nowhere to be seen despite his sadism. Pretending Forces problems doesn't exist will do nothing to improve the game's reputation. Instead the focus should be on the game's actual merits. When people defend 06 they don't focus on the broken gameplay or the Sonic and Elise ship, they bring up the music, Mephlis, Shadow's story, Silver, etc.

1 hour ago, The Swordsman said:

We actively see multiple Dark Gaia spawn, while Infinite himself is required to create more copies and he is nowhere to be seen despite his sadism. Pretending Forces problems doesn't exist will do nothing to improve the game's reputation. Instead the focus should be on the game's actual merits. When people defend 06 they don't focus on the broken gameplay or the Sonic and Elise ship, they bring up the music, Mephlis, Shadow's story, Silver, etc.

That's not true, more phantoms spawn after Infinite is defeated. More importantly, if anyone is allowed to pretend Unleashed does not share a ton of Forces' flaws, I'm allowed to sarcastically act as if those flaws exist in Unleashed and not Forces. Because it's a fake problem that doesn't actually matter either way.

Edited by Shaddy Zaphod

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

That's not true, more phantoms spawn after Infinite is defeated. More importantly, if anyone is allowed to pretend Unleashed does not share a ton of Forces' flaws, I'm allowed to sarcastically act as if those flaws exist in Unleashed and not Forces. Because it's a fake problem that doesn't actually matter either way.

(Checks the game) Those are spawned from the true Phantom Ruby used by Eggman either way the army doesn't just pop into existence without direction. OK I'll bite, go on aside from Tails what other problems with the story and continuity does Unleashed have that it shares with Forces? Just because you don't care doesn't make it a fake problem that doesn't matter. Again it was such a jarring issue Ian himself was troubled by it and addressed it twice.

4 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

(Checks the game) Those are spawned from the true Phantom Ruby used by Eggman either way the army doesn't just pop into existence without direction.

Who says it's without direction? Maybe we just didn't see whoever was controlling them.

4 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

OK I'll bite, go on aside from Tails what other problems with the story and continuity does Unleashed have that it shares with Forces?

I didn't say it was problems with the story and continuity, other than the fact that both games' stories are bad. Mostly it's the poor level design and pacing (albeit in complementary ways), gameplay jank that doesn't exist in Color and Generations, campaign length that's too short in one and too long in the other, and both games are defended exclusively by bad people.

Spoiler

:)

• Unamused 1