Awoo.

RUMOR: Sonic Sports and Chao Mobile Games in Development

Dreadknux

The rumors just won't stop coming! In addition to a 'Fall Guys' style Sonic the Hedgehog game that we previously reported on, there is now fresh industry gossip alleging that SEGA is working on a Sonic-themed sports title and a Chao game are in development for mobiles.

These latest whispers come from 'MbKKssTBhz5' (aka 'Midori') on Twitter, who previously leaked a number of Atlus titles before they were announced last year, and most recently hinted at the aforementioned Fall Guys-style Sonic game.

"A Sonic Chao game and new Sonic sports title are both currently in development for mobile devices," wrote Midori, before stating that the Fall Guys title will release by Summer 2024. Apparently, despite the recent acquisition of Rovio, the Angry Birds studio is not currently involved in any such titles, but there are intentions to collaborate in the future.

Don't expect some of these games to arrive without any kind of exclusivity, however - Midori noted that the Chao game will launch with Netflix's subscription service (assumedly on all platforms), while the Sports title is destined for Apple Arcade. "And more new Sonic games are coming to Apple Arcade and Netflix later this year," the Twitter user added.

Take it all with a huge vat of salt, as per usual rumor-handling protocol - but it definitely seems like SEGA is planning a big year for mobile gamers!

Sonic News Tips Credit:
DaBigJ
Original Post Content:
You do not get off of Mr. Hedgehog's ride until he says so. Seems like the mobile-verse of Sonic is expanding rapidly with a new Sports title and a new Chao game(!!) coming to mobile devices! Don't hold out hope for android ports though, as there's a high chance they're gonna be apple exclusive titles.

It's very unfortunate that this is the case, but I can only assume SEGA (and Atlus) have some sort of deal with them and Netflix when it comes to mobile games. Perhaps one day these games will hit non-apple devices, but we'll have to see.

On the brighter side...maybe, it seems like some collaborative projects are also in the works with Rovio, who had been acquired by SEGA last year.

Needless to say it seems like SEGA has a lot in store for mobile gamers, whenever we see them is up in the air.

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2

A... An honest to goodness CHAO GAME? 

I will believe it when I see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

A... An honest to goodness CHAO GAME? 

I will believe it when I see it.

The monkey paw strikes again

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

CHAO GAME CHAO GAME HOORAY

That made my day!!!

FINALLY! OUR BEGGING HAS PAID OFF! CHAO, HERE I COME! 

A Chao mobile game is actually a great idea! Sad it's looking like it'll be tied to Netflix though. The Sonic Tokyo Olympic App impressed me, much better than I thought it would've been so I'm optimistic about a sports title. Shame it's likely gonna be locked behind Apple Arcade; the quality of the Olympic App for just 99 cents proves good quality app games can still exist outside the Arcade subscription. Let's hope we hear more details soon.

It's about damn time Sega giving what the majority wanted: a Chao mobile game!

OMG!!! A Sonic Sports and Chao mobile game are planned as well?! But aww man. Not the Netflix subscription service (for Chao game) and Apple Arcade (Sonic Sports). Also, the Fall Guys style Sonic game in Summer 2024? OK. I'm interested on Fall Guys style Sonic game than Sonic Sports and Chao mobile game until I getting Netflix subscription service and Apple Arcade.

I hope they release it for other devices like Android and Huawei, since not all of us have iPhones and I don't think people will buy a latest generation iPhone to play a Sonic game.

Aww yee Chao game most wanted game to Mobile this year on 2024!👌

Edited by Aroon

A mobile Chao game is something I've said for YEARS would be an easy money maker for Sega. Can't wait!

To be honest, it surprises me that this hasn’t been a thing since the dawn of the mobile gaming app reign - it’s the perfect spinoff arena for these creatures. 

Netflix exclusivity would suck though (not for me personally, but in general I don’t think it’s ever a good idea).

My best guess with that is if it does happen that SEGA consider the investment of a Chao Game a risk, thus an upfront paid investment from a sub service company will keep them from losing any major money if it doesn’t pan out.

Chao tamagotchi?????

B-but- 

what if i forgor to feed them