Awoo.

ARTWORK: Super Meow in Litterbox Land

Meow

holy shit that looks cool.

I feel so damn ashamed of my dubstep skills, sir. You have made me regret doing one dubstep song.

just a sketch of that demon girl again:

tumblr_mmqc84xSlf1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Again it isn't for anything. I just haven't had a lot of time to draw this weekend, so I haven't worked on my actual projects. Changed the title to Mercy Kill instead of Virtue Kill because it sounds better, but if this were to ever be a thing I'd change the title again 'cause Mercy Kill is probably so overused and bland.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_mmvngnPIx01qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Finally got my logo sorted out, going with iteration 17 when I have the time.

tumblr_mn6zppMIcd1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Sketch from last night, usually before bed I try and doodle something quick and that hasn't happened much lately 'cause I've been busy. But yeah, I auto-default to drawing catgirls when I'm in that mode because they're super quick for me to just poop out designs for.

x92_copy_by_endshark-d65zmf2.jpg

contest entry WIP and super rough mockup. Going to go for a more painterly style just for kicks on this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gift art for a friend:

tumblr_mnpe9lICuP1qlnz6fo1_500.jpg

fundraiser commission for a friend:

void_fundraiser_commission___overflow_by

And of course a catgirl 'cause THAT'S WHAT I DOES:

tumblr_mnlzgiQGm41qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Some OCT stuff:

tumblr_mnjx5vQUjI1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

I'm turning back into a productive motherfucker.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still alive

cover_copy_by_endshark-d67zaj2.jpg

BDB cover grayscale no logo final destination. Drawn on 11x17 paper with a mechanical pencil, with most of the spot blacks added in digitally. For comparison:

tumblr_mnyd29BBEV1qlnz6fo2_1280.jpg

Those are the scanned in pencils adjusted in PS.

And then I drew a Risky Boots:

tumblr_mnys57dV7p1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

But I don't really like it all that much, first crack at the character and I'm really tired. So it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it too hah.

Edit:

A shantae sketch that ended up way better somehow ahaha.

tumblr_mnyu54kSbg1qlnz6fo1_500.jpg

ahhhh

Edited by Meow
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Really great stuff as always man! Really liking the Shantae and RS drawings as well. I also like the way those comic pages flow, as well as the colors. Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dude, the comic as a whole turned out like ass so I won't bother linking the full thing lol.

Anyway I am trying to make sure this comic doesn't suck ass either buttttttttttttttttTTTT again I am doing it last minute like a turd. Not to mention all the backgrounds stuff you see on this page here right now I had to do TWICE because I had a power outage earlier and was so into the work that my usual instinct of hitting ctrl S every 2 seconds didn't kick in so I lost like over an hours worth of work. Which right now is quite a bit of time since this battle is due tonight...

vsmargotp1_copy_by_endshark-d6aeykr.jpg

tumblr_mou991Z7uX1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

^ Sketch for a friend

tumblr_mothp04CDj1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Game concept sketches for one day down the road hopefully ^

So last night I decided to DL a bunch of anime and draw while it was on. Unfortunately I had to convert everything to .mp4 from .mkv because the PS3 can't play the .mkv files. So by the time I got to drawing it was already after midnight which was way later than what I wanted but oh well! They get awful real fast right after that first page lol.

tumblr_mp9xof4Jly1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Etna doodle:

tumblr_mpcn0pQplK1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

and some concepts for the VOID PPT round 3 (aka: my loveletter to Gurren Lagann hopefully):

tumblr_mpchzrSOwJ1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

That mech/suit/robot/person/gunman/sex/mypantsaretighter/etc is fucking amazing. I'd love to give them all my fighting spirit ;D.

But yeah, was good to catch up on some of these. I've seen a few recently on DA but not some of the others. But I'm always watching!

and waiting

and loving

shhhh

• Thumbs Up 2

I am always loving u Wolfy-Chan ;o;!~~~~ Thanks dude for the kind words :3. And yeah my DA sees a lot less things than my tumblr does xD

NEW CONCEPTZZZZ for a diddly little webcomic idea while I toil away still with BDB. I intend to use Kickstarter on BDB once the VOID tourney is over, as that is a waaay larger story/project and its grown super complex and rattles my brain sometimes haha. Rest assured it is still coming. At the same time I had intentions of doing the Shonen Jump contest -but- the idea I had before wasn't working out. With VOID hosting webcomics now, I figure I'd do a webcomic + then submit it to the Shonen Jump contest if I amass enough pages!

tumblr_mphmnaevSP1qlnz6fo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mphtfj0wAF1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Its about the shark girl and the squid girl trying to enter the game of insane villainy and climb the ranks to be the #1 villains of all time. Of course they got others to contend with. So the idea is really simple, and I figure I could easily crank pages out because of that reason alone!

• 3 weeks later...

THANKS AZOOOOoo.

Anyway I had a bit of a hiatus from being able to post stuff. Not that I haven't been drawing - I am just contractually obligated not to post it or tell you what I was doing. SO THERE. Then I was away for a week house sitting.

Getting back into the swing o' things tho:

tumblr_mqfk0smGMS1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Sneak peeeek in the sidebar there I guess :P. You can't really tell what it is but anyway those are all the page sketches I have thus far.

And figuring out a colour scheme for that splash:

tumblr_mqhfw3Zo571qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks dood.

Anyway...I haven't drawn much lately because I feel like shit about life.

Gurren inspired shark mech:

tumblr_mrb3s20wOu1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

And a long overdue commission (of which I have 4 more to go, 2 of which are almost done though):

tumblr_mrptkz9FKR1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It's just a problem right now where every time something potentially really cool crops up in my life it seems like as soon as good things come my way they vanish. Getting tired of it, especially on the financial front. But things will look up one day (or so I hope) because I just want to do creative things for a living. But like I said - I get my hopes up and feel great and then as soon as it comes it seems to be gone. Thanks a lot though, I'll get out of this jam I hope one day -_-.

Hey Meow, I'm trying to be a comic illustrator in the future, and seeing your work I was wondering if you had any tips. :) As always, nice work!

Thanks dude!

As for advice, my advice is to just draw them. I didn't go to school or anything for them, and I don't read a lot of them. That said I do have favourites I read to learn how they compose a page. To be honest though most of my influence comes from games and animation haha. But really it comes down to drawing and experimentation - also learning some good composition is good too!! I can always try and scour for some more helpful links/advice than that someday, but if you feel up to it looking around the net is sure to get you some good things with paneling and whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_msuh37V4Gl1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Haven't drawn for a couple weeks. Just recently was put on antidepressants finally so I've just been taking it easy while they begin to take effect. Feeling ready to do stuff again though now :). So yeah...getting the rust outta my system here.

• Thumbs Up 3